Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Honestly I really, really wanted the Pac-Man Maze even without Pac-Man himself. The fact that its stuck to the 3DS version is incredibly disappointing... Pac-Land doesn't even sound that fun as a whole. Pac-Man 2 and Pac-Man World 2 are the only non-Arcade Pac-Man games I really got the opportunity to play.

What's wrong with it being on the 3DS version?  I haven't heard a single impression from anyone who's played the 3DS version that said it feels lesser than the Wii U one.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with it being on the 3DS version?  I haven't heard a single impression from anyone who's played the 3DS version that said it feels lesser than the Wii U one.

Because I have no intention of getting the 3DS version and the Pac-Man Maze is clearly the far superior stage. Pac-Land just looks like crap. I'd rather have the Pac-Man Maze in both versions. tongue.png

EDIT: Even when I was thinking a Namco character other than Pac-Man might be picked, I always figured the best choice for a Namco stage was the classic Pac-Man Maze, and it would be designed exactly like this; using the textures of the maze as platforms but still being able to freely move about it. Its perfect... except its on 3DS only. :P

I'm probably the only person here who likes the Pac-Land stage.

In fact I'm the only person on BitF and SmashBoards that likes it as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Come now, guys. Any stage that has the potential for kamikaze ghost babies to be a recurring hazard has got to be a good one:

For reals, though, I don't really mind it and think it's actually a refreshingly unique choice.

I don't really get what Sakurai sees in scrolling stages. They're not fun, even in casual play, just infuriating because you've got to take your mind off the fight to keep up with some screen, and chances are that most of the characters can barely fit with all the obstacles everywhere. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind scrolling levels but this one looks boring and simple.

Look at super Mario 3D land in the 3ds version. That one at least looks way more fun

Does Pokefloats count as a scrolling stage?

Cuz I found that fun...

It's sorta borderline.  You do have to make an effort to keep up with the stage at particular points, but the movement is not 100% constant over a static course, like say, Mushroomy Kingdom.

Poke Floats technically counts, but it's a lot more dynamic. Same goes for Rainbow Cruise. The stages go through the same layouts at the same speed with each cycle. They're just not flat.

Anyways rumor time. Again.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69503255

A guy I know who works for the marketing department of Nintendo has given me a little bit of info about the game as a result of promotional materials he has seen, and while I can't completely confirm or deny the Sal Roman leak with what he has, he said that Shulk is definitely in and Lucas is definitely out, which lines up with Sal's info. Additionally, Mewtwo is playable and King K. Rool is a boss on a new DK stage based off of the Gangplank Galleon stage. As for credibility, obviously I have none, so he said to say that Falco is supposed to be revealed this week. So, that basically gives him a very small window of opportunity to be proven fake.

The only thing going for it is that the leaker was gracious enough to give this rumor an expiration date. If Falco is not shown this week, then it's jossed.

If Falco IS revealed, however...

• Thumbs Up 2

There are literally dozens of these a week. These "leakers" are only slightly more credible than the one kid who claims that his uncle works for Nintendo and knows how to unlock Sonic in Melee and no he can't tell you how it's a secret

• Thumbs Up 1

There are literally dozens of these a week. These "leakers" are only slightly more credible than the one kid who claims that his uncle works for Nintendo and knows how to unlock Sonic in Melee and no he can't tell you how it's a secret

you're right, but since E3 ended and the Smash info trickle has slowed right down again, we've been really really bored.

• Thumbs Up 2

Whenever they begin their leak with "So X person I know/have some kind of relation with is ' insert obscure/somewhat obscure job within Nintendo' and has info on Smash 4" you pretty much know right from there it's complete crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poke Floats technically counts, but it's a lot more dynamic. Same goes for Rainbow Cruise. The stages go through the same layouts at the same speed with each cycle. They're just not flat.

The only thing going for it is that the leaker was gracious enough to give this rumor an expiration date. If Falco is not shown this week, then it's jossed.

If Falco IS revealed, he got lucky. Still doesn't mean anything. Supposedly someone else also posted a "leak" and said Falco will be announced this week and K. Rool would be playable (I don't have a link for that one yet :P).

Basically, it means nothing whatsoever, and frankly I doubt Falco will be announced anytime soon.

If Falco IS revealed, he got lucky. Still doesn't mean anything. Supposedly someone else also posted a "leak" and said Falco will be announced this week and K. Rool would be playable (I don't have a link for that one yet tongue.png).

Basically, it means nothing whatsoever, and frankly I doubt Falco will be announced anytime soon.

It's easy to say that anyone gets lucky when they pick a character, but to guess when they come out can't just be luck mate. (Well it can, but it can also be truth.) I don't believe this leak either, but if he gets Falco's reveal right, then I will at least keep this in the back of my head. 

Not ALL scrolling stages are bad! Hell I love Poke Floats and Rainbow Cruise in Melee, but Mushroomy Kingdom and now this MS Paint--oh sorry, Pac-Land stage, ehhhhhhh.

I'm one of the few people here who adamantly hates Pac, and yet I'm also one of the few that's completely fine with Pac-Land. Awkwardness ensues.

Remember, guys, even if you don't like the vanilla version of the stage, there'll at least be a FD version to satiate you. That and, honestly, have any of you played Atari games before*? They're not masterpieces of fine art, but this is a fine representation for what it is. I'm willing to brave some shoddier art in service of preserving a piece of video game history, especially since the rest of the game looks nice enough already.

*I understand that Pac-Land was for arcades, but A. I'm assuming that the stage is supposed to celebrate Pac's wider history and has thus taken a page from the 2600 days, and B. Pac-Land also looked like crap, as shown in the spoiler below.

1913_1.png

I'm one of the few people here who adamantly hates Pac, and yet I'm also one of the few that's completely fine with Pac-Land. Awkwardness ensues.

Remember, guys, even if you don't like the vanilla version of the stage, there'll at least be a FD version to satiate you. That and, honestly, have any of you played Atari games before*? They're not masterpieces of fine art, but this is a fine representation for what it is. I'm willing to brave some shoddier art in service of preserving a piece of video game history, especially since the rest of the game looks nice enough already.

*I understand that Pac-Land was for arcades, but A. I'm assuming that the stage is supposed to celebrate Pac's wider history and has thus taken a page from the 2600 days, and B. Pac-Land also looked like crap, as shown in the spoiler below.

1913_1.png

Its never been confirmed there would be a FD version of EVERY stage, just most of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well there's also the idea that if they don't like the Pac-Land stage in general, its just one less stage that they'll be playing on...outside of single player modes if it ever actually does come up.

I hope Pac-Land gets the FD treatment. I wanna fight with that Pac-Man Park remix jamming in the background.

I know a lot of people are confused about the whole Palutena moveset thing, so the latest GameXplain video might help shed some light on that.

It has loose descriptions on what they reckon are all of her custom moves, some of her taunts, her Smashes, and even estimates on what her default moves may be. If you're interested in how Palutena may turn out, I definitely recommend giving it a watch.

Well, I can't say I believe this, for something about this rumor is fishy and untrustworthy. Well, I guess I'll have to see as time goes to find out if this is true or not.

I haven't been catching up too much on this, but what's going on with the Pac-Land stage? I keep hearing that it's a bad stage or something of the matter.

I haven't been catching up too much on this, but what's going on with the Pac-Land stage? I keep hearing that it's a bad stage or something of the matter.

Some people just think it doesn't look very good. Its a static scrolling stage and you can't even see approximately where your character is standing. Certainly not as interesting as the Pac-Man Maze stage.

Some people just think it doesn't look very good. Its a static scrolling stage and you can't even see approximately where your character is standing. Certainly not as interesting as the Pac-Man Maze stage.

Oh I see, I guess it's one of those kinds of stages then.