Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I can't help but feel a bit miffed when Sakurai said "Namco won't be getting any special treatment", yet Pac-Man's move set is like, really amazing/unique compared to Sonic's. I mean, Sonic's still fun to play as and all, but his move set just seems kind of lazy. They only changed one move of his, the down smash.

When he said they wouldn't be getting special treatment, he meant that just because Namco was working on the game, that doesn't mean a Namco character is guaranteed. Pac Man was picked on his own merits as a representative. 

Sonic also had his Spindash changed; he adds a kick at the end of it. They clearly did some work buffing him and upping his killing power too, if impressions are anything to go by. I don't think there's anything lazy about him.

With that said, most of the new characters seem a lot more creative than veterans; especially ones like Mega Man, Little Mac, Rosalina and yes, Pac Man. I don't feel like this is indicative of special treatment so much as it is the series evolving and the development team having new ideas of what can be done. 

When he said they wouldn't be getting special treatment, he meant that just because Namco was working on the game, that doesn't mean a Namco character is guaranteed. Pac Man was picked on his own merits as a representative. 

Sonic also had his Spindash changed; he adds a kick at the end of it. They clearly did some work buffing him and upping his killing power too, if impressions are anything to go by. I don't think there's anything lazy about him.

With that said, most of the new characters seem a lot more creative than veterans; especially ones like Mega Man, Little Mac, Rosalina and yes, Pac Man. I don't feel like this is indicative of special treatment so much as it is the series evolving and the development team having new ideas of what can be done. 

You have a point. Was that Sonic's dash attack or Spin Attack though? I thought it was the former.

I just wish Sonic could use Boost instead of Spin Charge.

Sakurai mentioned on Sonic's Brawl Dojo page that Sonic 1's ability to be played with a single button was its prime virtue and something that he admired, so Sonic's simplistic Smash moveset can be seen as a reflection of that admiration.

Sakurai mentioned on Sonic's Brawl Dojo page that Sonic 1's ability to be played with a single button was its prime virtue and something that he admired, so Sonic's simplistic Smash moveset can be seen as a reflection of that admiration.

That doesn't mean I have to like it! ;-;

JK. Sooooo... I think a good custom homing attack would be, you just go straight, and you're on fire. Like the shield in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Ign.jpg

When was this stage revealed again? Cause we haven't seen anything about it for awhile now. Like is this a actual stage, or is it part of some mini-game?

Sometime last year if I remember right. All I can remember is the mention that it was based off the Tomodachi games, but it flew under everyone's radar because it was a generic looking stage and nobody here had any idea how batshit insane the actual games were.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sakurai does give a shit about Metroid. He doesn't think Ridley would work as a playable character, and regardless of your stance on that particular issue it's clear that he's been trying to appeal to Metroid fans as much as possible via other means. Metroid has a new stage, two new assist trophies along with one returning, and a returning Zero Suit Samus with a larger focus as being her own character instead of just an alternate form for Samus. He's tried to appeal to Ridley fans by making him a stage hazard, and while a lot of people aren't exactly happy about this, and are perfectly justified in feeling that way, at the end of the day he thought that this would be a good compromise and genuinely believed it would satisfy people. Naive and misguided, maybe, but not explicitly malicious.

I know it's not malicious, but if Ridley's a stage hazard why hide Him for 10 months? In the direct we saw his shadow on Pyrosphere during the yellow devil segment. By not flat showing him or saying he's a stage hazard He's causing speculation. If he's a stage hazard people are going to be pissed.

Sometime last year if I remember right. All I can remember is the mention that it was based off the Tomodachi games, but it flew under everyone's radar because it was a generic looking stage and nobody here had any idea how batshit insane the actual games were.

Huh. Wonder if this stage will represent the Mii's home world in this game.

That and everyone got extremely disappointed that it's not Yoshi.

Seriously, Sakurai delayed the pic of the day so everyone thought he gonna reveal Yoshi but lolnope.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. Wonder if this stage will represent the Mii's home world in this game.

I think if any stage is going to represent Mii in the game, it's going to be Find Mii/Streetpass Quest. Though that does remind me that we don't have a Mii-based stage on the WiiU version yet to the best of my knowledge.

miiverse stage pls sakurai

I think if any stage is going to represent Mii in the game, it's going to be Find Mii/Streetpass Quest. Though that does remind me that we don't have a Mii-based stage on the WiiU version yet to the best of my knowledge.

miiverse stage pls sakurai

One of the stage hazards is being bombarded with an endless stream of "I love the water in this game" comments

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm quite satisfied with the current roster for SSB4. I mean, I love the addition of Rosalina, Greninja and Villager but Toon Link bothers me because he's once again a faster clone of Link. *sigh* Also not keen on ZSS because it looks like she's been buffed up WAY too much, making her look like another Metaknight situation.

I'm eagerly awaiting a third rep from Fire Emblem (come on, Awakening was the most popular game in the series!), Mewtwo's possible return and nerfed Metaknight.

I'm quite satisfied with the current roster for SSB4. I mean, I love the addition of Rosalina, Greninja and Villager but Toon Link bothers me because he's once again a faster clone of Link. *sigh* Also not keen on ZSS because it looks like she's been buffed up WAY too much, making her look like another Metaknight situation.

I'm eagerly awaiting a third rep from Fire Emblem (come on, Awakening was the most popular game in the series!), Mewtwo's possible return and nerfed Metaknight.

Can it be someone other than another blue-haired swordsman?

• Thumbs Up 2

Pic of the day! Sadly this isn't anything new. It figures they were gonna do the height difference thing.

Gy4W78k.jpg

Pic of the day. Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters.

Yet another customization aspect of Mii's. You can make both big and small Mii's. Oh, and Falco leak = dead. Not that it had any merit whatsoever. :P

Yet another customization aspect of Mii's. You can make both big and small Mii's. Oh, and Falco leak = dead. Not that it had any merit whatsoever. tongue.png

What makes it more dead than any other time?

What makes it more dead than any other time?

What do you mean?

Perhaps it wasn't posted here, I'm not sure. A new "leak" was posted that said Falco would be announced this week, K. Rool was a stage boss, Lucas was cut and Mewtwo was back. Its possible I'm only aware of it because it was posted in the King K. Rool topic at Smashboards.

It said Falco would be revealed today.

No, it said Falco would be revealed THIS WEEK. Today is merely the last day that Falco could've been revealed for the leak to stay alive.

EDIT:

Funny thing. The mods on Smashboards closed the Ridley thread because it was too big (and many people were posting just to get to 1,000 pages). Funnily enough, the mods ended up pushing the thread to 1,000 after it was closed. tongue.png

EDIT 2:

And a couple hours later it was reopened, figured it was just a warning to get people to stop spamming lol.

Well, that explains why Miis wouldn't be playable With Anyone, even if they had a default move set.

Well, that explains why Miis wouldn't be playable With Anyone, even if they had a default move set.

Who says they can't force a generic size/weight class too?

Who says they can't force a generic size/weight class too?

True... But I still don't get why they can't be played with anyone if that's the case. I doubt it has anything to do with inappropriate Miis, since you can use them online in MK8 (among many other games).

Figured the Falco thing was gonna be a bust- I still wanted a veteran this week though. Or SOMETHING. 

tumblr_n7nvfu2Ae61swll5zo1_500.jpg

cant breathe

But shadow is a playable character.

Just make a mii out of him :)

• Thumbs Up 5

I assumed Miis were kept out of With Anyone so Hitler and Penis-Face Girl couldn't come in and crash the party.