Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The guy is really out of practice with Fox, either that or the voice director needs to be fired. 

That's because the voice tracks you remember are from a Star Fox game that had the audio quality of a movie from the 30s.

Problem is, that 30s audio quality sounded much more appealing than what I'm hearing in this demo... Maybe it'll grow on me, IDK.

But anyway, I wonder if Sonic will say "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" in the full game, as most characters in this have recycled voices from Brawl or their own games (Sonic Generations, KI:U).

If they were placeholder wouldn't it just make more sense to recycle his Brawl clips though? It at least allows them a greater level of consistency with less effort. The idea of him using two VAs seems counter productive and the least likely solution to me.

If the Japanese audio had finished recording but the US audio hadn't, it would make perfect sense for it to exist on the alpha build.

Either way, we don't know for sure that it's all one VA, but at least from what I can hear his in-game cries reaaally don't sound like an English VA's cries to me.

EDIT: I mean listen to Link and Toon Link, their voice clips are identical to their Brawl ones, they haven't had any new voice work done yet. On the other hand, Kirby does have new voice clips, and ofc Pit, Fox, and some newcomers do. Kirby's is worldwide but is a Japanese VA and Pit's is an English VA, so they're evidently in the middle of but not finished with voice recording from all regions.

I've just watched the trailer again, and while I can hear a difference, it's so minute that I don't think anyone could have called it.

Having played countless hours of Uprising, this is very disappointing for me.

Also, on the subject of voices, I hope they give you the option of switching between ENG and JP voices, like in Melee. Sonic's Japanese voice actor sounds really flipping cool, listening to him again.

Problem is, that 30s audio quality sounded much more appealing than what I'm hearing in this demo... Maybe it'll grow on me, IDK.

But anyway, I wonder if Sonic will say "YOU'RE TOO SLOW" in the full game, as most characters in this have recycled voices from Brawl or their own games (Sonic Generations, KI:U).

This is what he sounds like now. So I can definitely hear a resemblance when he says something like, "Fire."

Alright, have a look at this video;

Skip to ~2:15 for some close comparisons of different Fox voice clips. At around 2:19 he makes a cry that sounds extremely Japanese, and at 2:29 he makes another Japanese sounding cry, right before saying "Fire!" at 2:31 that literally sounds like a different voice actor is saying it. Keep listening and comparing those 3 voice clips, the first two voice clips and the "Fire!" voice clip don't sound like the same person, not just that but the first clip especially sounds very Japanese.

Sounds to me like spoken lines for various characters (like Fox's "Fire!" and various victory quotes) were completed early, but actual battle cries for them have yet to be completed. This may be why so many characters that don't actually talk (i.e. Link, Pikachu, Luigi) still have their Brawl voice clips.

SuperLink, I don't think assuming the characters are all going to get new voice clips for this game holds any weight.

If anything, the characters that do have new voice clips are for other reasons. (Pit fitting his Uprising incarnation, Kirby having to voice new lines for the new copy abilities anyway) And I dunno about Fox, but I'm assuming because the 3D Remake came out they gave him a new voice. Everyone else is in line with their current games as is.

Also, a lot of Fox's voice clips are mishmashed english and japanese clips, but the ones that sound terrible are probably from his English VA, (Fire, victory animation voice clip)

I think it's relatively safe to say that most of if not all characters will be getting re-recorded. If Kirby is (new copy abilities or not), I don't see why important characters like Link and Pikachu wouldn't. Pikachu's VA is very much on hand for Nintendo at all times afterall. Vocal work definitely seems largely incomplete.

Also, a lot of Fox's voice clips are mishmashed english and japanese clips, but the ones that sound terrible are probably from his English VA, (Fire, victory animation voice clip)

I don't think the "Fire" and victory voice clips sound terrible at all?

Also, the Japanese ones don't sound terrible either, they're just higher pitched than western fans are used to. It'd be like if you were playing a western Dragon Ball Z game and adult Goku's Japanese VA had some lines that weren't redubbed.

That's just my opinion, I don't particularly like the 64 VA's in the first place.

The grunts are the ones I think sound good, but I'm assuming those are the Japanese VA.

Speaking of VOs, I've noticed that Little Mac sounds extremely Japanese and more deep than what I'm used to (most noticeably on his neutral B ).  I do kind of hope he gets an English VO by the final release.

Having played countless hours of Uprising, this is very disappointing for me.

Well, if the voice actor can't make it for the role the voice actor can't make it. They didn't purposely bring in a new VA to do Palutena.

Also, since its clear a lot of these voices are just temporary, I'm betting that Fox, Sonic, and perhaps even Marth will have new lines in the final game. Sonic and Fox's voice is clearly drawn from other games and Marth is just recycled. Maybe Fox has recycled clips because they want to use the Star Fox 64 VA again, and Sonic obviously needed to have his lines replaced because of his VA change, but they are going to be recording new lines.

EDIT: Actually, its more likely the case that they ALREADY have the voice work complete; we just haven't heard it in the demo yet because its an early build.

So that grunting-instantly-when-hit thing. In Melee, it happened at high percentages, but hearing Greninja scream in pain when hit at 12 damage, and then cutting himself off, sounds weird. I'm sure they'll fix it by release, though.

10473138_822576697752489_696075393220129

The screaming upon being hit was something I missed in Brawl. It really gave a sense of pain being delivered. Even if it's heard at any percent now, it's better than not being there at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

10473138_822576697752489_696075393220129

The screaming upon being hit was something I missed in Brawl. It really gave a sense of pain being delivered. Even if it's heard at any percent now, it's better than not being there at all.

Well, it's just... Some of the screams don't fit at lower percentages. I assume they'll have multiple yells like in Melee though. I just thought Greninja's sounded a bit dramatic. XP

I'm digging that victory screen music, the remix of the 64's character select screen.

Either someone recreate it or somehow recorded it

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, most of the music in this game is great. I'm glad that (in the demo) they didn't use NSMBU music for the NSMBU stage. If that's a choice I'm definitely turning it off. XD

On the subject of hit grunts, I actually think this game is bringing back things from both Melee and Brawl in that regard.

In Melee, if your character were to be launched at a high percentage, they would grunt as soon as they were hit.

In Brawl, if your character were to be launched into the air at any percentage, I'm pretty sure they would make sort of a delayed grunt after they were already in the air. The high-percentage, instant grunts from Melee were absent, but they were brought back in Project M.

I could be wrong about those, but at least from what I've seen of Smash 4, it looks like both of those have been implemented this time around. It would be pretty cool if that were the case.

When the max Launch distance of a character with high percentage was actually reached...they would make a low grunt as soon a you were able to completely control them when falling.

Do people really not think Palutena is not voiced By Ali Hillis? The Palutena in the trailer sounds exactly like the uprising voice.

Do people really not think Palutena is not voiced By Ali Hillis? The Palutena in the trailer sounds exactly like the uprising voice.

Hillis herself confirmed it's not her on her Twitter, it's her friend who is a pretty good soundalike as she and many others have pointed out.

I seriously think I like this games theme song the most out of the series. Even more than Melee's theme....0_0 It has so many awesome remixes so far, they are really having fun with this.

I seriously think I like this games theme song the most out of the series. Even more than Melee's theme....0_0 It has so many awesome remixes so far, they are really having fun with this.

We should hope that they don't remix this theme 600 times for every single thing you're going to do in-game to the point where you just get sick of the theme.

Fucking Brawl theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, so far I've heard it on the character select/main menu, the training room, part of it at the results screen...

I think they're going the Brawl route with it tbh.

Only difference here is I actually have liked the theme song at it's core and it's remixes, whereas with Brawl, I never really liked the theme and only like one or remixes I found myself coming back to(the FD remix for example).

Which reminds me, wonder what the FD remix for Smash 4 will sound like...