Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think alternate costumes for most characters could be a possibility. Sakurai could bring in some RPG influence and give Peach her Shadow Queen outfit and Luigi his Mr. L outfit. Mario could get that tropical shirt and sunglasses from Sunshine. Bowser could get Dry Bowser (since they're the same character in NSMB). Donkey Kong had that one boxing outfit, didn't he? That'd fit in nicely with Little Mac. Diddy I'll have to think about. Yoshi could get something that makes him look similar to Boshi (maybe turn blue and have sunglasses, but not going too far, as Sakurai said he didn't want costumes to be other characters). Wario's already got one, Link has plenty of options (Ordon Link, Sumo Link, classic Link, ala Toon Link's retro outfit, etc.), and so does Zelda. Olimar can have a costume that's similar in style/color as Alph. Samus could have some Phazon suit or something. For Pokémon, IDK, but it'd be funny if they gave Charizard Red's hat instead of Pikachu having it, and Pika instead could have Ash's classic hat. Ike could have some other class of his from his own game, Pit... Hm... Something that makes him look like classic Pit would be cool. Palutena might be a problem, but it'd be cool if she got a dress similar to Medusa's, and her hair gets darkened. Pac-Man could have that other newer design, not Ghostly Adventures, but that other one in Pac-Man party or whatever. Mega Man could get some armor that makes him look like other Mega Men, like X, or he could instead have a Bass inspired outfit. Sonic could have that Link costume from his DLC. Kirby's a problem, since he has that copy ability which gives him hats already. Dedede could have Masked Dedede as an alt. Rosalina is also a problem. I don't have any costume ideas, but a Cosmic Guide palette swap would be neat. Sheik doesn't really have any options for full fledged costumes. ZSS could have any of those other swimsuit-- I mean, 100% complete outfits, like the Fusion one, or Justin Bailey, stuff like that.

DANG that's a lot of text. I think I got everyone I could... Not saying this is definitely going to happen, of course, but just some ideas I'm throwing around.

Would biker suit alts for Peach and Rosalina be out of the question?

That would require new hitboxes, which I think is something they're explicitly against.

That would require new hitboxes, which I think is something they're explicitly against.

Would it really? The Wii Fit Trainers have the same hitboxes despite the different builds, with different costumes like that for Peach and Rosalina they may not actually need to change their hitboxes if the hitboxes are their persons in the first place rather than their clothes.

The dress is part of Peach's hitbox for her Down Smash.

downsmash.gif

Beyond that, though, removing the dresses would just look out of place or make their moves less visually distinct. Like, Peach's recovery move has her twirling around and floating in mid-air. And her costume animation matches it; she's got a long dress that spins with her and covers her legs, giving this whimsical Mary Poppins-ish grace to it. Putting her in the biker outfit would sacrifice the aesthetic appeal of things like that. 

The Mario Kart costumes don't really have the iconic value of something like Little Mac's jumpsuit. Everyone who has played Punch-Out remembers the training sequences and Mac's goofy getup. That's why I wouldn't hold my breath for many other characters getting this kind of treatment. 

On the topic of Peach, I hope her yellow dress is actually Daisy's dress like it was in Melee.

If we're going into lore and references for alt colours this time, it'd be cool if her white dress has a red stripe and red hair this time.

If we're going into lore and references for alt colours this time, it'd be cool if her white dress has a red stripe and red hair this time.

In reference to 8-bit Peach? That'd be cool, but I'd sooner expect it to be based on her 3DW Fire-Peach appearance now.

In reference to 8-bit Peach? That'd be cool, but I'd sooner expect it to be based on her 3DW Fire-Peach appearance now.

Oh, come to think of it I'm pretty sure that in itself was an intentional reference so yeah it'd just be a case of whether they want to go the full mile and give her red hair as well.

I'd be nice if they give sonic the scarf from Boom.

OH! You guys think they'll have some content from the Olympic games? A stage would be cool but that's definitely not happening but for other stuff like items, trophies, or whatever they got in there would be cool to see in this game.

OR, sonic can have some medals hanging from his neck as for one of the color palette. Maybe for yellow sonic to match the gold. :D

Cool vlog by Milktea on E3 and the invitational.  Shows off how the experience was at a more human level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAgF0mz_GZs

• Thumbs Up 2

That video was pretty cool to watch, its nice to see how things went with them.

This means Nintendo has to do this for E3 now. The amount of hype from this tournament was crazy and everything went super well.

Anyways it seems bosses will appear in smash run.

Super Smash Bros Guest Discussion featuring Chris…: http://youtu.be/ujAkMslCfjo

23:25 is when they start talking about it. A Nintendo representative may have given info by accident.

That video was pretty cool to watch, its nice to see how things went with them.

This means Nintendo has to do this for E3 now. The amount of hype from this tournament was crazy and everything went super well.

Anyways it seems bosses will appear in smash run.

Super Smash Bros Guest Discussion featuring Chris…: http://youtu.be/ujAkMslCfjo

23:25 is when they start talking about it. A Nintendo representative may have given info by accident.

Actually we've already seen these, they're just minibosses. The Darknuts and Stalfos work the same way, appearing as a target on the stage. Apparently Kraid (my guess is Mini-Kraid) and a larger Kremling (probably a Kremling boss, Klump, or Krusha) also appear in the same way.

post-199-0-19753000-1404266700_thumb.png

This was posted in the K. Rool thread on Smashboards.

I remember seeing Bonkers (that monkey thing you inhale for the Hammer ability in Kirby) as a Smash Run boss, too.

I remember seeing Bonkers (that monkey thing you inhale for the Hammer ability in Kirby) as a Smash Run boss, too.

Yeah, I'm betting right now that we're going to see Klump or Krusha as a Smash Run miniboss. Or just an oversized Kremling, perhaps.

Looks like alternate colors and costumes are going to be a thing for now.

2dh8f3a.jpg

It isn't Mrs. Claus, but it's close.

Pic of the day. The Mii Gunner in his suit. Looking sharp! The arm cannon's design will change depending on the outfit, but the attacks and projectiles will be the same.

Oh, right, Mii's there too.

Could Rosalina's outfit be a reference to this?

PrincessToadstoolSMB.gif

I doubt it, since why would Rosalina have it and not Peach?

Actually I don't know, the GameXplain video that showed all the alt colours seems to have forgotten about Link somehow :S weird. I'm guessing it's his red, green and yellow costumes though.

*snip*

I remember seeing green, red, blue, and purple, though there were so many videos during the E3 period that I don't remember exactly where I saw it.

...Because Rosalina's outfit has more than one color on it?

Peach's dress has two shades of pink, so that can't be it.

Looks like alternate colors and costumes are going to be a thing for now.

It isn't Mrs. Claus, but it's close.

Oh, right, Mii's there too.

I think that design is what Fire Rosalina SHOULD have been, since typically white is the main color and red is the secondary.

I think that design is what Fire Rosalina SHOULD have been, since typically white is the main color and red is the secondary.

Ehhhhh...  With the exception of Wario in Super Mario Land 2, applying power ups to characters that aren't Mario or Luigi is actually a pretty recent thing, and the recent evidence leans toward red being the main color.  There's also a weird trend of Lugi actively defying trends, but that's just an irrelevant observation.

I will agree that the white with red highlights does look better, though.