Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Looks like alternate colors and costumes are going to be a thing for now.

It isn't Mrs. Claus, but it's close.

Oh, right, Mii's there too.

Is Rosalina fighting Conan O'Brien? 

• Thumbs Up 5

Is Rosalina fighting Conan O'Brien? 

If she is, then she better watch out for his ultimate K.O. move:

conan_u_so_crazy.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

I think that design is what Fire Rosalina SHOULD have been, since typically white is the main color and red is the secondary.

If Fire Rosalina had this design, she would've looked way too similar to Fire Peach.  Having a full red dress distinguished the two from each other better.

Can't wait to see all the different Mii costumes.  It's so cool that they've gone to this effort with them rather than just doing the usual generic featureless bodies.

NEW TRAILER!

Naw, I'm just kidding. But you know what? Since it will probably take a while for the next trailer, what about something like this, to lighten up the atmosphere?

• Thumbs Up 8

NEW TRAILER!

Naw, I'm just kidding. But you know what? Since it will probably take a while for the next trailer, what about something like this, to lighten up the atmosphere?

well that was terrifying

PMSL

What did I just watch? XDD

Admittedly some of those actually look decent like Little Mac, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer. But wtf is up with fat suit Pikachu and Olimar?

• Thumbs Up 1

NEW TRAILER!

Wow that was a great trailer.

No doubt that this will be GOTY.

NEW TRAILER!

Well there's our answer,

Ike's too busy fighting for his friends

Either way that video was just weird LOL.

Rosalina's dress looks like White Mage's a little bit. That's what my sister pointed out to me. And it looks like an inverted Fire Flower dress as well.

It's not a full alt costume of Fire Rosalina, as she's missing the ponytail. The color change does look really nice, though, so I'm still quite pleased with it.

megaman_volnutt-exe_zpsa7f712bf.jpg

Pic of the day. Mega Man.EXE and Mega Man Volnutt!! They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!

megaman_x_zpseba4ec48.jpg

...How can we not use it for trophy creation?! Today's update is a rare mix of Wii U and 3DS images in the same post.

So there's going to be trophies of all four of the Mega Men in Mega Man's Final Smash. Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not surprised either. Actually, I'm kinda hoping that since several DK Animal Buddies got trophies, maybe they could use those models to allow the Animal Buddies to appear as AT's this time around; or perhaps even as a new item, an Animal (Buddy) Crate.

I hope other characters from the other Mega Man continuities appear as trophies, too, then.

Ah today's update..! Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it kinda feels a bit.. "troll-y"?

I mean, this bit in particular;

They only appear for a split second, but the modeling is so detailed. And if that's the case…!

Kiinda feels like it's leading up to announcing them as alt. costumes..! Not trophies. But then nope, just trophies.. he's right, the modelling is detailed, really detailed for something that's only seen in a Final Smash, even for a trophy, and that always stood out to me. Hmm.

Then again, I guess the wording on today's update is also just fine how it is and might not be leading up to anything at all.

Ah today's update..! Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it kinda feels a bit.. "troll-y"?

I mean, this bit in particular;

Kiinda feels like it's leading up to announcing them as alt. costumes..! Not trophies. But then nope, just trophies.. he's right, the modelling is detailed, really detailed for something that's only seen in a Final Smash, even for a trophy, and that always stood out to me. Hmm.

Then again, I guess the wording on today's update is also just fine how it is and might not be leading up to anything at all.

I wouldn't mind, like Mega Man X as an alt (X looks closest to classic Mega Man). Hell, all of them as alts would be great, but it'd be kinda hard to make them all that way. He'd have to repropotion them. That said, I'd far prefer alternate versions of Mega Man as alt costumes for him than, like, Protoman or Zero.

I'll admit... it is kinda trolling. This week has been largely about alt costumes, so maybe...

Yeah that was the main thing that would probably be an obstacle to actually having them as alts, their proportions are very much different to Mega Man's. Which is part of what made the trolly nature of today's post kinda weird..

Something like Link's Skyloft alternate color shouldn't be too hard. An .EXE color would be cool and probably the one with most differences.

Though, Battle Network is my favorite Mega Man series, so I might be a bit biased.

Something like Link's Skyloft alternate color shouldn't be too hard. An .EXE color would be cool and probably the one with most differences.

Though, Battle Network is my favorite Mega Man series, so I might be a bit biased.

A .EXE color wouldn't really do a whole lot though, its not significantly different like Link's Skyloft alternate color. It'd have to be the full-on design, but with half the height so he looks more squished like Classic Megaman. Not particularly the easiest thing to do and still making it look good.

A mere recolor hardly does wonders when every version of Mega Man has roughly the same color scheme.

I'd say it's different enough, but also similar enough to not look weird.

I can easily do it on a tiny sprite, so I don't think it's be a big problem changing some textures on Mega Man to give him .EXE's design. It'd still be classic Mega Man, just with .EXE's suit.

f58z0j.png

No chracter in this game will ever beat Mega Man's Final Smash. It just can't be done.

Volnutt looks awesome there.  

Kiinda feels like it's leading up to announcing them as alt. costumes..! Not trophies. 

Definitely reading too far into this. There wasn't any intended misdirection here. He was just leading one post into another, and he's talked about how they've worked hard on the models in this game multiple times now. 

I think people just have alt costumes on their mind because of the Little Mac update this week. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Yay! I was wondering if Sakurai would make seperate trophies for each Megaman and i'm glad he did! ^^ I hope this means we will get different trophies of other characters too like Roll.EXE, ZX Zero etc. Bring on the big collection of Megaman trophies, I say!

I'll be fine with just a Doctor Wily trophy and a Megaman X design Zero myself, actually.

Doctor Cossack, maybe?

I'm absolutely sure Wily will get a trophy. Rush, Roll and Light will, too. Protoman probably. Elecman (Or was the AT Quickman?) and Yellow Devil, too. I'm not so sure about Bass. Then there's all of the Mega Man forms. Brawl's Third Party characters had 12 trophies each, if I remember correctly, so going by that number, that'd be pretty much it I think.

1. Mega Man
  2. Mega Man (Final Smash)
  3. Roll
  4. Dr. Light
  5. Protoman
  6. Rush
  7. Dr. Wily
  8. Yellow Devil
  9. Elec/Quickman
  10. Mega Man X
  11. Mega Man Volnutt
  12. Mega Man EXE
  13. Mega Man Star Force

The bolded are characters that I know we've already seen.

Of course, they could have more or less than Brawl and I've already listed one more. Plus, I think it'd be kind of weird to only have one Robot Master. I'd love to see a bunch of trophies for it. 1-7 are the essential characters, though.

Mettaur will be getting a trophy as well, since it appears in Smash Run. Also can't rule out the possibility of a Wily's Castle trophy.

Some trophies will be exclusive to the 3DS and some for the Wii U, so they could split the Trophies up between the two versions to save space. X, Mettaur, and others can be 3DS Trophies, while EXE, Yellow Devil, and others can be Wii U trophies.