Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the split trophies between the games.

It seems like it was miyamoto who had the idea of pacman joining the fray.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/03/miyamoto-requested-pac-man-in-smash-bros-brawl/

Sakurai said:

“During development of Smash Bros. Brawl, Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo approached me and asked, ‘Can’t we have Pac-Man as a guest character?’” Sakurai recalled. “At the time, imagining the image of Pac-Man and his incomplete pizza shape, I thought to myself, ‘Hmmm… That’s a little too farfetched.’”

So pacman could of joined brawl if sakurai went with the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can pretty much guarantee that any characters who appear in the game will get a trophy. They already have the models created and everything. In many cases, trophies are created by ripping the models straight out of existing games, hence why more recent 3D games are more likely to get trophies.

• Thumbs Up 1

More on Pac-Maze:

10s9mhy.jpg

Pic of the day. Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color.

29y470x.jpg

If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version.

Interesting. Gives it a bit of a unique mechanic with the different screens.

• Thumbs Up 2

Soooo power pellets don't affect other players at all? That's... odd. Not that I'm complaining, it just doesn't seem like Sakurai's style somehow.

I was confuse on how this was unique but I realized that the ghost will be normal from the players screen who doesn't have the power.

very cool

Soooo power pellets don't affect other players at all? That's... odd. Not that I'm complaining, it just doesn't seem like Sakurai's style somehow.

do you think that Pac Man is the only one who can do this?

Nah any character can do it.

I think it's a really interesting mechanic, especially considering other players can't see the changes to the ghosts, it really is something that can only be done on the 3DS version! However I was hoping so so much for a veteran reveal today that I have been left disappointed even if the update was pretty good. BAH HUMBUG.

Wow I really hope this isn't the only stage that takes advantage of the unique screen per player dealio.  That's cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, have you guys seen this Smashboards thread already?

It gives you a list of games coming out, which may be used as a date for veterans to be announced. It's rather good at predicting things as well. The next veteran should be revealed by July 26th, determined by the longest drought record. And most of the time, it's right (like with Ike's reveal, for an example). Pretty useful.

As for the stage, I don't have much to say about it, but the Power Pellet thing is pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh, looks like a fun stage and I like the idea behind the power pellet! ^^ I wanted a Veteran reveal today too but knowing more about Pac Maze is always good, it looks WAY better than PacLand that's for sure,

• Thumbs Up 2

Ohhh, looks like a fun stage and I like the idea behind the power pellet! ^^ I wanted a Veteran reveal today too but knowing more about Pac Maze is always good, it looks WAY better than PacLand that's for sure,

Every thing is better then PacLand...

...what? No, that's not even remotely what I'm implying. I was more referring to the fact that its bonuses don't have any effect on other players when you grab one, just the ghosts. At the very least I would've expected an attack boost or a touch of death effect or something.

Something that either got overlooked or didn't get mentioned because it's old news and I'm slow;

tumblr_n86wq3XP7m1swnzz4o4_400.jpg

Pac-Man's outline here is red, but Kirby's is black. We know that you have a different colour outline for team battles, right? So why is Kirby's outline black here? Could there be other scenarios in which characters have coloured outlines?

Perhaps an option to choose the outline to be a player colour (1p=red, 2p=blue, etc) instead of black? Maybe it comes from the E3 complaints of it being too hard to see your character sometimes, 

Wasn't there... something mentioned about being able to tap the bottom screen to highlight a particular player that you want to keep track of, either yourself or another person you want to focus on?  I forget.

Clicking the character made a little square box go around the character. I thought that red line signified that Pac-Man had a Power Pellet and could kill ghosts.

Clicking the character made a little square box go around the character. I thought that red line signified that Pac-Man had a Power Pellet and could kill ghosts.

Ah you're right, that might be it. But now, something else is confusing me;

fc694af2c1c7e904f6fa19e38589bdf6.png

"Power pellets will appear in your colour"? What does that mean? On the first screenshot, Pac-Man doesn't have a red outline at all, they all have black outlines. Then in the second screenshot, it's red.. there's also a red power-pellet on the first screen, which I'm guessing Pac-Man grabs.

Hmm.

I admit I'm a little confused as well.  If this is all screen exclusive, why would he be able to see pink (presumebly Kirby's) pellets?  What happens if you eat another character's pellet?  Humm.

Ah you're right, that might be it. But now, something else is confusing me;

"Power pellets will appear in your colour"? What does that mean? On the first screenshot, Pac-Man doesn't have a red outline at all, they all have black outlines. Then in the second screenshot, it's red.. there's also a red power-pellet on the first screen, which I'm guessing Pac-Man grabs.

I'm not sure what you're confused about?

I admit I'm a little confused as well.  If this is all screen exclusive, why would he be able to see pink (presumebly Kirby's) pellets?

The pellet's not actually pink, it just flashes between the dull pink of the normal pellets and whatever player color it is. You can see it in Pac Man's reveal trailer. I think you can see other player's power pellets, though, which is reasonable enough; if you know it's there, you can try to keep them from getting it, either by knocking them away or (probably) by grabbing it yourself even if it has no effect on you.

It seems like it was miyamoto who had the idea of pacman joining the fray. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/03/miyamoto-requested-pac-man-in-smash-bros-brawl/

Sakurai said:

“During development of Smash Bros. Brawl, Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo approached me and asked, ‘Can’t we have Pac-Man as a guest character?’” Sakurai recalled. “At the time, imagining the image of Pac-Man and his incomplete pizza shape, I thought to myself, ‘Hmmm… That’s a little too farfetched.’”

So pacman could of joined brawl if sakurai went with the idea.

That's quite interesting.

It would have been neat to see Pac Man alongside Snake and Sonic, but alas, it was not meant to be at the time. Sakurai must not have been aware of the World design during Brawl's development, or was he simply joking about the pizza shape?

Hmm.

Pac-Man's color is red because he's Player 1. Player 2 is blue, 3 is yellow and 4 is green. You can see this on the character select screen of every Smash Bros game.

NINTENDO64--Super%20Smash%20Bros_Nov1%20

These colors also match the explosions on the sides and bottom of the screen. In other words, when player 1 is knocked out, the effect is red.

250px-KO.jpg

I don't know why the outline is gone in one screen.

Yeah, that'd be cool as hell to have special artwork back, not that the screenshots used in Melee/Brawl weren't entertaining.

Nah any character can do it.

I think it's a really interesting mechanic, especially considering other players can't see the changes to the ghosts, it really is something that can only be done on the 3DS version! However I was hoping so so much for a veteran reveal today that I have been left disappointed even if the update was pretty good. BAH HUMBUG.

I was kinda asking if that's what he thought, I figured any character could do it.

I do like that they revealed some sort of personal screen feature and  I wonder what else they're going to include for the 3ds version. Maybe item that uses the mic or motion controls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, one thing I miss from SSB64 is the character specific ending art for Classic Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RsZWpr83eM.

Huh! I didn't even know the original Smash Bros had this. I'd certainly like to see that return, though I always liked the in game funny pictures from Melee/Brawl too.

"Thank you for playing. Yes   I  am Number One !" XD