Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

It seems like it was miyamoto who had the idea of pacman joining the fray. http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/03/miyamoto-requested-pac-man-in-smash-bros-brawl/

Sakurai said:

“During development of Smash Bros. Brawl, Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto of Nintendo approached me and asked, ‘Can’t we have Pac-Man as a guest character?’” Sakurai recalled. “At the time, imagining the image of Pac-Man and his incomplete pizza shape, I thought to myself, ‘Hmmm… That’s a little too farfetched.’”

So pacman could of joined brawl if sakurai went with the idea.

That's quite interesting.

It would have been neat to see Pac Man alongside Snake and Sonic, but alas, it was not meant to be at the time. Sakurai must not have been aware of the World design during Brawl's development, or was he simply joking about the pizza shape?

"Power pellets will appear in your colour"? What does that mean? On the first screenshot, Pac-Man doesn't have a red outline at all, they all have black outlines. Then in the second screenshot, it's red.. there's also a red power-pellet on the first screen, which I'm guessing Pac-Man grabs.

Hmm.

Pac-Man's color is red because he's Player 1. Player 2 is blue, 3 is yellow and 4 is green. You can see this on the character select screen of every Smash Bros game.

NINTENDO64--Super%20Smash%20Bros_Nov1%20

These colors also match the explosions on the sides and bottom of the screen. In other words, when player 1 is knocked out, the effect is red.

250px-KO.jpg

I don't know why the outline is gone in one screen.

Nah any character can do it.

I think it's a really interesting mechanic, especially considering other players can't see the changes to the ghosts, it really is something that can only be done on the 3DS version! However I was hoping so so much for a veteran reveal today that I have been left disappointed even if the update was pretty good. BAH HUMBUG.

I was kinda asking if that's what he thought, I figured any character could do it.

I do like that they revealed some sort of personal screen feature and  I wonder what else they're going to include for the 3ds version. Maybe item that uses the mic or motion controls.

Y'know, one thing I miss from SSB64 is the character specific ending art for Classic Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RsZWpr83eM.

Huh! I didn't even know the original Smash Bros had this. I'd certainly like to see that return, though I always liked the in game funny pictures from Melee/Brawl too.

"Thank you for playing. Yes   I  am Number One !" XD

So it beats out Megaman's charge shot Fsmash, then?

Maybe in length, probably not in priority. It looks like it might be a Smash attack that's better for racking up damage rather than outright killing. I mean, that's a little OP if it has great range and killing power, unless it has horrible ending-lag which would make up for it.

Megamans charge doesn't even go far. it disappears pretty quickly. I remember me trying to get a good hit with that move but im always too far. The good thing though that its powerful.

Mii gunner goes far and obviously its not as powerful as megaman 

I kinda thought sakurai would be updating the website too since they updated it. Maybe will get some music pieces from the 3ds version most likely soon

Yeah, I want to hear some of the music already. (Pikmin's World map theme from 2, Spirit Train, etc.)Clean.

Anyway, so I was looking through the FD mode versions of stages

entry1-3.jpg

Looking at Skyloft, I take it FD touring stages will still move around the map? Cause it looks like the stage is still moving. Just without any extra platforms or obstacles.

Yeah, I want to hear some of the music already. (Pikmin's World map theme from 2, Spirit Train, etc.)Clean.

Anyway, so I was looking through the FD mode versions of stages

entry1-3.jpg

Looking at Skyloft, I take it FD touring stages will still move around the map? Cause it looks like the stage is still moving. Just without any extra platforms or obstacles.

I'd say that's probably the case, yes. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Interesting.

I'm also curious about the 3DS version's FD stages, cause they seem more reliant on movement and gimmicks compared to the console version. Wonder how Spirit Train, Pac Man Maze, Tomodachi, and a few others will work.

Also wondering if returning stages will get a FD mode version.

All I know is that windy hill FD will probably be my main FD stage.

Along with Mario galaxy and Wily castle.

I feel like the spirit track stage won't get a final destination form, maybe jungle japes since swimming is not returning.

Interesting.

I'm also curious about the 3DS version's FD stages, cause they seem more reliant on movement and gimmicks compared to the console version. Wonder how Spirit Train, Pac Man Maze, Tomodachi, and a few others will work.

Also wondering if returning stages will get a FD mode version.

Pac-Man Maze would be incredibly easy the entire stage is made up of a series of platforms based on the classic maze, and Tomadachi may not be too bad, either. Its SPIRIT TRAIN I have absolutely no idea how it will work, and it might be one of the stages that has no FD version.

Pac-Man Maze would be incredibly easy the entire stage is made up of a series of platforms based on the classic maze, and Tomadachi may not be too bad, either. Its SPIRIT TRAIN I have absolutely no idea how it will work, and it might be one of the stages that has no FD version.

Actually, it does. In the E3 3DS trailer, there's a part where they show off spectator mode in For Glory, it was Samus VS Greninja and the stage they were about to go to was Spirit Train:

(Skip to 0:50. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, so be ready to pause)

Wonder if all the characters shown will get a stage rep in the 3DS version. Pikmin never had a portable game from what I remember. Metroid and Yoshi have had tons yet we haven't seen a stage yet, and I'm curious about Wii Fit Trainers case. Also kinda hoping for another Zelda stage as Mario has 3, so I wouldn't object to a third Zelda stage.(that is if we don't get a retro Zelda stage, in that case, 2 is fine.)

Also back to the FD mode, I think the stages I'm most curious about for sure are Tortimor island, Spirit Train, Reset Factory, and Balloon Fight.

The Punch-Out Circuit is being ported to the 3DS version despite Punch-Out!! never having a handheld release, so Garden of Hope and Wii Fit Studio being ported over is a possibility.

When we saw punch out on 3ds, I'm pretty sure those whose on console will get a stage.

So any items for mega man and sonic they could bring in?

I have an idea for sonic.

The elemental sheilds, Fire, bubble and lightning.

For fire, you would have to dash to activate the flame but gets weaker the longer the dash. For bubble, you would press down to bounce while in the air. For lighting you would be given an extra jump.

But one hit and the sheild is gone.

Honestly, they should just focus on giving the Sonic series an actually decent assist trophy this time. I don't know, Dr. Eggman or something. Shadow was kind of useless.

I kinda wish he did something different. I'd be fine if he still started by using Chaos Control, but then actually jumping out and starting attacking with other chaos powers, too. Or switch between using Chaos Control and Chaos Blast or something.

So I just found out that Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western is in this.

Yeah, it's old news, but I don't really follow the Smash news that closely; I just buy the game when it comes out. :P

As someone who refuses to buy a 3DS for a few games, I am happy to at least be able to see him in a Wii U game. Naturally when I discovered this, it was a huge case of [[furry intensifies]] in terms of my approval. :P

Shame he's not playable, but I guess there's always next time. :)

hvorbn.jpg

Pic of the day. I talked about an attack with a far reach in yesterday's post, but it didn't compare to Palutena's up smash attack! No joke, it reaches really far. It reached so far in this shot that even the rocketbarrels got blown up.

Fittingly, the goddess has the power to reach to the skies.