Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

That's freaking ridiculous. She's probably gonna be god-tier against any character that relies on their aerials/projectiles. She seems to have a lot of tools to keep characters like those out.

a5p8l.jpg

That said, if we're talking just about range, even that can't beat Palutena's power, Heavenly Light. It has quite a damage field. However, this is a no-flinch attack, which means the opponents won't react to the damage!

Here's the follow up post, since Slashy seemed to miss it.

The practicality of that Up Smash probably isn't as ridiculous as it seems.  I mean, it's a smash attack, so it probably telegraphs like Hell.  There's also a decent chance that the range is tied to how much you charge it, though that's just guess work at the moment.  

Does anyone remember if Mega Man's Side Smash traveled further depending on the charge?  Whatever that move does would be a good example to keep in mind for things like this.

OBVIOUS EDIT BECAUSE I'M A DOOFUS:  Then again, there's Zero Suit Samus, so who knows what'll happen?

Heavenly Light seems interesting.  It seems to have even more insane range in exchange for not causing flinching at all, so it helps build damage but can't finish or punish anyone, I guess?

Edited by G-Force

If I had to guess, Palutena's Up-Smash is either really quick, which makes it easy to dodge or takes too long (hopefully without making damage rack up way too high), which leaves her massively open to attacks.

Edit: I just checked, and the move is in her trailer. She uses it on DK and it's pretty quick, so people are going to have to work on their timing for it.

Sheesh, let's hope that moves has some kind of drawback to that move like Pikachu's down B move. Looks like it's going to be fairly difficult to dodge, even if it's fast.

Honestly, they should just focus on giving the Sonic series an actually decent assist trophy this time. I don't know, Dr. Eggman or something. Shadow was kind of useless.

Sadly, it seems that Shadow is still as useless as he was in Brawl. =[ At least Elecman does something, Shadow is just a glorified stopwatch. Couldn't they have tried to make him more interesting?

Damn, not holding back on the God powers are we Palutena?

They haven't said anything if she's usable Online or not, but she definitely needs to be nerfed, cause that Up smash and some of her other moves are ridiculous.

Damn, not holding back on the God powers are we Palutena?

They haven't said anything if she's usable Online or not, but she definitely needs to be nerfed, cause that Up smash and some of her other moves are ridiculous.

A character isn't made "broken" by a single move. Pikachu's down-B didn't stop it from being mid-tier in Melee. This looks like it's going to be pretty hard to land unless you're right above her, and even then it's probably going to be pretty telegraphed.

A character's play power has nothing to do with how their moves look, but how their moves can be chained together or which moves have priority in high level play. Everyone expected Little Mac to be broken, but he's actually worse than players thought. On the other hand, before Brawl's release no one anticipated Meta Knight would be broken, but he was so broken that the only character good enough to go up against a high level Meta Knight is.. Meta Knight.

I don't think SSB4 is going to have even less balance than Brawl, even if Palutena somehow ends up high tier (and she won't), she won't be nearly as broken as Meta Knight was.

Sooooooo... when is Chrom being revealed? I wanna see how ugly he looks in HD

I wanna see if people even care if he's in. I won't lol.

For palutenas up smash, you probably have to charge to make it go that high.

Ness/Lucas and Palutena are gonna be BEST friends in Doubles. The Mother Boy doesn't even have to be close to the fight, and he can still stock tank for days by PSI Magneting Heavenly Light, or that USmash for massive health in little time.

37oEbda.png

"Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet."

Red types? So does that mean Player 1?

EDIT: lol image broke

It shouldn't been player color, what if one of the stats are more better than the other. Say that red gets a power boost and the others are worthless ones. It wouldn't be fair I guess.

Seeing how Sakurai seems to be talking a lot as of late about the 3DS stages and what each contains, I wonder if we'll finally get more info on that Tomodachi stage. I'm so curious dang it!

I have a feeling it'll be the same form of Luigi's mansion but with that building that all the miis live from the game.

So maybe we can expect a big level from this one. Maybe.

Here is another rumor thing, apparently from that Gematsu guy.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91105966296/rumor-mill-gematsu-plus-rumor

"The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

He said that to prove his legitimacy, Wario is to be publicly announced before the end of next week. He also said that he was connected with the user on the Brawl board who had leaked Brawl’s character roster.

Not sure if I can trust the Ridley part at least, but hey...

On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet.

I find this mention curious, because it suddenly reminded me of something... correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't every hat we've seen on a Mii so far obtainable in Streetpass right now? It does make me wonder if there could be some kind of transfer function going on, at least as far as the 3DS version is concerned.

I find this mention curious, because it suddenly reminded me of something... correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't every hat we've seen on a Mii so far obtainable in Streetpass right now? It does make me wonder if there could be some kind of transfer function going on, at least as far as the 3DS version is concerned.

Oh crap I never noticed that.

I hope that's the case because I've seen some really cool hats and have my mii look so damn cool. Oh yea :)

I sounded like a little kid just now LOL :P

It's called the "Gematsu plus" rumor but it doesn't actually seem to be related to Gematsu's source. It's just "The Gematsu leak PLUS Ridley, Dixie, Isaac and Mewtwo." 

We'll see what happens but I doubt it. Like some of the other recent leaks he says we'll see Wario by the end of next week. That's kind of a broad time frame and I don't know why somebody in animation and modeling would know that but whatever. 

Lots of rumors lately have set time restrictions for themselves like that Falco one. Probably so that they could seem believable for a while and if the character is actually revealed then, the rumor will catch on. Either way, grain of salt. 

What Wii fit said, if we don't get Wario next week then its fake. At least we can find out soon if this is fake.

I'm starting to think these leaks are just putting up characters everyone is suggesting. Except the chorus men. Those guys are odd to be a smash character