Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well, with that aside, here is something I'd like to show you all that I just found. Not any kind of news for Smash Bros, but something that I find fun to watch. Has anyone posted this before?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yea its been posted but still very cool to watch. Even though I have no idea who those characters are. Lol

ClewDxn.jpg

U.S.A

... Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Samus rocking the Light Suit right there?!

• Thumbs Up 2

... Are my eyes deceiving me, or is Samus rocking the Light Suit right there?!

Not the light suit per say, but it is the color scheme for the suit.

With alt colours like this it looks like Sakurai's really scratching the barrel and reaching around for ideas, hopefully it means there are a lot more interesting colours (and costumes?) to come! I'm hoping Samus' alt costume is the Fusion Suit, personally.

And in regards to that rumour, even if Wario is revealed tomorrow it won't make the rumour "100% true", but it will be interesting to see how it turns out... especially because Isaac is in that rumour. And. *breathes*. Isaac.

• Thumbs Up 4

LIGHT SUIT SAMUS. ALL RIGHT. My most desired alt costume is ready to go. Seconding Samus now.

Star-Spangled Awesome Mario is nice as well. Honestly would have expected Referee Mario first, but NES Golf Mario is still nice. It's about as niche as Foreman Spike Mario.

Star-Spangled Awesome Mario is nice as well. Honestly would have expected Referee Mario first, but NES Golf Mario is still nice. It's about as niche as Foreman Spike Mario.

The main difference here is that ref Mario, while more iconic, requires remodelling.  NES Golf Mario still wears his hat and overalls.

ClewDxn.jpg

U.S.A

They're getting more creative with the alt colors. I like seeing references to stuff like this. It makes me wonder what else they'll do. 

I knew where the Mario costume was from, but was I the only one that imagined Mario singing the star-spangled banner when I first saw this?

Anyways, these look really good. I main Mario, so I'm probably gonna use this one a lot when the game comes out.

ClewDxn.jpg

U.S.A

They're getting more creative with the alt colors. I like seeing references to stuff like this. It makes me wonder what else they'll do. 

Pretty cool costumes. I like that Sakurai referenced Star Wars.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at Uncle Mario donning the colours of the star spangled flag. XD Sakurai is getting very creative with these alt colours, seriously.

Also, if you're wondering who the drum playing puppet from Osaka is...

640px-Kuidaore2008_by_MASA.jpg

Meet Kuidaore Taro.

Look at Uncle Mario donning the colours of the star spangled flag. XD Sakurai is getting very creative with these alt colours, seriously.

Also, if you're wondering who the drum playing puppet from Osaka is...

640px-Kuidaore2008_by_MASA.jpg

Meet Kuidaore Taro.

I will never sleep again.

Anyway these costumes are amazing, holy smokes. I love the Star Wars reference too.

Can we expect one for Luigi too?

GroupShot.png

Heh, I find it funny when follks keep saying Daisy was originally tanned when she had a white skin tone sense Super Mario land.

That's just awesome!!! I guess it's pretty clear now that Sakurai is aiming to give most characters more detailed color swaps and alt costumes.  Dat Light Suit!!! I know what my main Samus color will be now - ~ <3

Also 'MURICA!

This makes me wonder if Sonic is going to receive a more drastic alternate color as well.

The only alt I can think of at the moment that wouldn't involve changing the model too much would be Darkspine Sonic, which would actually fit pretty well since he's from a Wii game. Perhaps they could even keep his pupils if they wanted to deviate from the original look even less.

Super sonic but his spikes stay the same. He also gets red eyes too.

Maybe classic sonic with light blue and black eyes.

AAAAAAAANND give sonic the scarf from sonic boom.

And bandages. Loads and loads of bandages.

I got not clue for mega man and pacman. Maybe he'll get the red hat.

He might get the ghostly adventure look.

So tempted to join in, I'll be attending SDCC .. it just sucks that it's on Friday, I've already paid for my badge and for it to go unused because of the tournament would be like throwing money out the window. Will definitely swing by the lounge.. multiple times during the week. Now waiting for SEGA to announce the return of their arcade..

If you're anywhere in SoCal it would be worth the trip down, even if you can't participate the lounge (and a lot of other off site events) is awesome and doesn't require a badge to get in (unless they've changed it this year.. they haven't posted much info on it yet).