Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

This time I hope they have better tournament rules.

It will be the same as the invitational. These aren't actual tournaments, just advertisements. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 big things happen (or are in progress) at 12pm on Friday 25th July -

• This tournament (@ the Marriott)
  • The Adventure Time/Regular Show panels (@ Hilton Bayfront)
  • The Legend of Korra panel (inside the convention center)
  • Gravity Falls panel (inside the convention center)

They really couldn't have chosen a worse time >.>

Was there something wrong with the rules last time?

I'd like to see more one on ones this time around, and when two people are in a match and one has a higher percent, the person with the lower percent, but they have the same stock, I'd kind of expect the person with the lowest percentage to win the match. This would only really effect the 1v1 battles anyway.

The items aren't that bad I suppose.

It will be the same as the invitational. These aren't actual tournaments, just advertisements. 

But then there's this so it probably won't change that much anyway, lol

113px-Samus_brown_palette_SSB4.png

So we have a color based off the Dark Suit as well, I forgot. Cool. biggrin.png

Also Smash Wiki says Sonic's purple resembles NiGHTS. What do you think?

120px-Palette_SSB4_Sonic2.PNG

We had one in Brawl, too. I liked that one better.

Darksuit_Artwork.jpg

And this doesn't really look all that like the Dark Suit. It's not brown enough.

Looks more like the Phazon Suit.

Phazon_suit_transparent.png

Sonic has a Silver color scheme, as well. I think its neat that Sonic's Purple resembles NiGHTS (people have noticed it, but never made the NiGHTS connection) and white resembles Silver. At this rate we'll get Red for Knuckles, Pink for Amy, and Black/Red for Shadow. Note that the wristbands change; the "white" Sonic recolor does have Silver's wristbands.

118px-Palette_SSB4_Sonic4.PNG 120px-Palette_SSB4_Sonic3.PNG

Yeah, Silver Sonic is awesome (ironically I remember before 06 came out, people called Silver "Silver Sonic"). And we have a Sonic Adventure reference too, with the crystal bands, the one that makes you Light Speed Dash. I think he's lighter blue to resemble the fully charged Light Speed Dash as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

118px-Palette_SSB4_Sonic4.PNG 120px-Palette_SSB4_Sonic3.PNG

Yeah, Silver Sonic is awesome (ironically I remember before 06 came out, people called Silver "Silver Sonic"). And we have a Sonic Adventure reference too, with the crystal bands, the one that makes you Light Speed Dash. I think he's lighter blue to resemble the fully charged Light Speed Dash as well.

Holy crap that's nice! Never noticed he had silvers wristband.

I hope we get others too!

And also links tunic and the boom look.

Was thinking, since Pac-Man has some other Namco cameos in Pac's moveset, I think it'd be pretty neat if Sonic had a Sega cameo of sorts, like an Opa-Opa assist trophy or something. Kinda made me think when someone said the purple skin of Sonic resembled NiGHTS somewhat, and how they could maybe further dive into other skins for Sonic being Sega-related, not just Sonic based.

I really do hope they add a Classic Sonic skin, but I could also see it not working with his size and proportions being different. The only other things I can think of for Sonic specifically are kinda out there, like his Gold Armor shit from Black Knight, Darkspines, or even his alt. costumes in SA2:B like the race suit. For another character type skin, I think Metal could totally work, but it might be strange, and ending up being a really weird Sonic more-over, sorta like how Link's Skyward Sword alt looks more like a lawlsy TP tunic more than anything.

For Mega Man, would really love to have Proto Man as an alternate, but I'm not sure if that's too crazy, since I'm not really an avid Mega Man player, I just like that character haha. I understand Proto's main dealeo is also his shield, so *shrugs*...(unless they were bomb enough to change his standard shielding to look like Proto's shield ala Yoshi's egg homg)

Was thinking, since Pac-Man has some other Namco cameos in Pac's moveset, I think it'd be pretty neat if Sonic had a Sega cameo of sorts, like an Opa-Opa assist trophy or something. Kinda made me think when someone said the purple skin of Sonic resembled NiGHTS somewhat, and how they could maybe further dive into other skins for Sonic being Sega-related, not just Sonic based.

I really do hope they add a Classic Sonic skin, but I could also see it not working with his size and proportions being different. The only other things I can think of for Sonic specifically are kinda out there, like his Gold Armor shit from Black Knight, Darkspines, or even his alt. costumes in SA2:B like the race suit. For another character type skin, I think Metal could totally work, but it might be strange, and ending up being a really weird Sonic more-over, sorta like how Link's Skyward Sword alt looks more like a lawlsy TP tunic more than anything.

For Mega Man, would really love to have Proto Man as an alternate, but I'm not sure if that's too crazy, since I'm not really an avid Mega Man player, I just like that character haha. I understand Proto's main dealeo is also his shield, so *shrugs*...(unless they were bomb enough to change his standard shielding to look like Proto's shield ala Yoshi's egg homg)

The only way Protoman's shield would be able to be included easily would probably be pulling out the shield when guarding.

Eh, Classic Sonic is possible. Smash hackers have done it before.

c1u9.jpg

The issue is if the proportions of Classic Sonic would create an optical illusion, and make it seem like you hit the model, when in fact you didn't, because you didn't hit the actual model that the texture swap is laid over.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only way Protoman's shield would be able to be included easily would probably be pulling out the shield when guarding.

That's what I was referring to in my last sentence, yeah. Just not sure how...right it'd be since guarding is an orb, looking like it blocks from all angles while Proto Man's shield is a regular, directional shield

Eh, Classic Sonic is possible. Smash hackers have done it before.

c1u9.jpg

The issue is if the proportions of Classic Sonic would create an optical illusion, and make it seem like you hit the model, when in fact you didn't, because you didn't hit the actual model that the texture swap is laid over.

The other issue is that you still have to remain accurate to the actual size and detail of the characters along with the proportions and you can't really do that without creating a separate model and texture for it to actually look good...it doesn't really work at all.

I have an Idea for classic Sonic as an alt without having to shrink the hitbox.when he is standing, the extra part of the hitbox will be underground. when he is falling his leg could stretch to the rest of the hitbox like how when Sonic and Mario Punch, their arms and hands stretch. Plus, the model can be changed or edited because in brawl, they edited jigglypuff's model to add hats to the alts. so this can be done

I have an Idea for classic Sonic as an alt without having to shrink the hitbox.when he is standing, the extra part of the hitbox will be underground. when he is falling his leg could stretch to the rest of the hitbox like how when Sonic and Mario Punch, their arms and hands stretch. Plus, the model can be changed or edited because in brawl, they edited jigglypuff's model to add hats to the alts. so this can be done

...That would be just as much if not more of an issue.  Hats are a completely different ball game to something like Classic Sonic.  Hats don't affect the character's hurtbox and hitbox placement at all.  Heck even costumes like Little Mac's pink jumpsuit and the different gender Wii Fit Trainers are fine because they don't affect proportions or hitbox placements (well in the case of the WFT, the hitbox changes are minor enough such that they would have a negligible effect even at high level play).  That's not the case for Classic Sonic as the proportions are drastically different, messing with both hurtbox and hitbox locations.  There's no way it could be elegantly done to not affect gameplay whilst still looking good and true to how Classic Sonic is.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's what I was referring to in my last sentence, yeah. Just not sure how...right it'd be since guarding is an orb, looking like it blocks from all angles while Proto Man's shield is a regular, directional shield

Oh, I know, I'm just saying that for the Protoman alt, when he ducks he ducks behind the shield, but the alt would still have a normal orb shield around it. Protoman's shield would just be for visual effect, it wouldn't do anything different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I think would work is if the OVA Classic was used. That model always looked fairly tall, but was clearly meant to be classic what with the shorter quills. That's the only way I think classic could make it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those who were expecting that Wario reveal rumor to come true tonight... well, they are gonna be pretty disappointed:

daily-en.jpg?date=1405063185630

Mappy... hmm, I never really could get into that game. It was a bit obtuse for my liking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those who were expecting that Wario reveal rumor to come true tonight... well, they are gonna be pretty disappointed:

daily-en.jpg?date=1405063185630

Mappy... hmm, I never really could get into that game. It was a bit obtuse for my liking.

Is he giving Pac-Man the finger?!

And another rumour bites the dust! Wow though it's been a while since the last character update, I hope the regularly interesting updates will start again soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bleh, that's a shame. 8( We haven't had a character update since E3! Guess we'll have to wait until next Friday again.