Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Don't forget the quote for the Pic of the Day as well as the second picture:

"Pic of the day. Pac-Man's up taunt is known as Namco Roulette! Namco characters from the 1980s will randomly appear."

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSJro70Pe2IkCm

"See? There's a variety of characters. Huh? One of them looks pretty recent."

3 minutes? Shenmue 3! Majora's Mask 3D!

Anyway, I assume this will actually be a newcomer and not a veteran, otherwise they wouldn't say something beforehand. Weird that it's not coming along with a Direct.

Hoping for Isaac.

inb4chorusboys

Though I'm personally hoping for Shulk, a new character reveal is always going to be exciting.  I'd actually quite like to see another veteran get revealed soon too.  We haven't had any since Ike prior to E3.

3 minutes is pretty long, that's the length of the longest trailer so far (Palutena's). I'm personally hoping for a veteran and a newcomer to be in it, but since this announcement was completely left field, I officially have no expectations. A character reveal has never been confirmed beforehand to this date, does that mean it's special? Or does it just mean there's no accompanying NDirect this time? No idea.

But yeah, my hope is at least one vet and a Newcomer. If it's a Newcomer I want Isaac, but it probably won't be him. Part of me thinks we already know all the unannounced Newcomers anyway.

A new challenger eh? I thought it'd be a veteran at first, but we've never gotten a veteran trailer for Smash 4 so this is pretty darn exciting!

I bet its Shulk. It's gotta be! Nah it's Chorus boys

smashukfs5.png

Ohhhh my god.

Fuck, I hate my slow internet. Every time I want to post something, I get beaten to it xO

This makes me sad:

Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made...

sad.png

But yeah, my hope is at least one vet and a Newcomer. If it's a Newcomer I want Isaac, but it probably won't be him. Part of me thinks we already know all the unannounced Newcomers anyway.

I hope (And honestly think) that rumour isn't true. I don't need another blue-haired FE hero. I never played Xenoblade, so I don't care about Shulk. Same for Chorus Me

OHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN

Disappointed he said we're nearing the bottom though, we don't have as many newcomers compared to Brawl.

Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made...

Yeah, that is pretty bittersweet :c guess there are only a few more character reveals to go..

"New Challenger videos that we've made."

Curiously specific detail you decided to add, Sakurai. :V

New theory: Gematsu Guy knows about Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men because they are the only ones left who have had time put into making New Challenger videos for. There will be other newcomers, they just won't have videos accompanying them.

OHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN

Disappointed he said we're nearing the bottom though, we don't have as many newcomers compared to Brawl.

All it most likely means is that we're reaching the end of the starting roster. Secret characters probably wouldn't have trailers in the first place, since they're explicitly not meant to be advertised for the game and there's no reason they would need one.

For reference, Melee had 14 newcomers (counting Sheik and Zelda as separate characters) whilst Brawl had 18 newcomers (counting the Pokemon Trainer Pokes as 3 separate characters).  It was stated right near the beginning that this game would most likely have fewer newcomers than the past games.  So far if we include the newcomer reveal next Monday we'll have 10 newcomers and since we're "nearing the bottom" I think it's safe to assume there will only be maybe a couple more (I'd say 2 to 4 personally).  Though honestly as long as all the right veterans are included as well the roster overall would still be a damn good one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when Sakurai stated the reason SSB4 doesn't have a storymode? And why they do trailers this way in the first place? "Because they'll just leak onto the internet anyway".

Because of this, I think that even secret Newcomers (if there are any) would have trailers, viewable ingame. Also, I don't think it's worth it to read so deeply into "that we've made". He's Japanese and his posts are being translated by Nintendo, are they expected to perfectly translate every sentence to preserve any secret hints? I honestly just think it's a translation quirk rather than anything intentional. I doubt it's worth looking too deeply into something so small.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're probably just nearing the end of the starting roster. Also, the Gematsu leak may have been about the newcomer videos planned to be announced before release, but it was way outdated and those details can easily change. The pre-release newcomer reveals do not necessarily have to line up to Gematsu since the info was clearly outdated.

I did some (minor) research on the date: 14 July. And I did find out that F-Zero X was released in Japan that same day 1998

New F-Zero character and Captain Falcon reveal?

I did some (minor) research on the date: 14 July. And I did find out that F-Zero X was released in Japan that same day 1998

New F-Zero character and Captain Falcon reveal?

Probably not.

No? To bad.

Poor Captain F is the only original smasher who hasn't had a second rep yet. sad.png

... Unless you count Samus and ZSS as a single rep, of course. 

It better not fucking be Chrom, I hope he ends up like Wolf and just doesn't get revealed at all until the game is released.

• Thumbs Up 1

No? To bad.

Poor Captain F is the only original smasher who hasn't had a second rep yet. sad.png

Samus would like to have a word.

It better not fucking be Chrom, I hope he ends up like Wolf and just doesn't get revealed at all until the game is released.

Chrom would be a horrible character to hype like this, honestly. Maybe Shulk or K. Rool...

Chrom would be a horrible character to hype like this, honestly. Maybe Shulk or K. Rool...

Oh man, remember the amount of hate wolf got back in 2008? R.O.B was hated a lot, but Wolf Was also hated for being a clone. Until people played as him, and realized he's more of a 25% clone.

Samus would like to have a word.

While Samus and ZSS is indeed the same character, they are two very different fighters.

...I want a Zero Suit Captain Falcon now!

And then I guess maybe Yoshi could count as a single rep, if you don't count him as a Mario rep.