Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't know if people actually saw a Xenoblade monster in Smash Run, I've only heard some people say they thought they saw it, but it hasn't appeared in any footage so I think it was probably just a rumour that caught fire. Also, Smash Wiki doesn't mention anything about it.

I do remember some low-quality image of a Xenoblade enemy in Smash Run, though I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me though

Apparently I saw people saying it was a Verdant Bluchal, the lowest level Unique Monster in the game (or maybe just a Caterpile enemy in general).  I personally think that's actually a fairly odd choice and I'd honestly think they'd opt for one of the standard types of Mechon instead.  Though I personally haven't seen evidence of it either.

Shulk using Monado Arts for his Smash Attacks and the Monado Buster as his Final Smash would be pretty beast. I'm in love with Xenoblade Chronicles so seeing him in this game would be even better...plus he's a cool guy too.

Monado Armour or Shield and Monado Speed should definitely be used as moves. They are pretty self explanatory so I'm not gonna say what they do.

Now, the thing is he says a new Fighter. Not a newcomer... just a new fighter. Granted, This is all me being hopeful... but what if he's reworked some of the older characters? Like... Ganondorf? Or Mewtwo? Perhaps Jigglypuff?

Just a thought here. I know we're all jumping on the newcomer wagon, but y'never know.

That and I also have no idea who Shulk is. So I don't care 'bout him too much yet. Smash is a good place to introduce him to me though!

Now, the thing is he says a new Fighter. Not a newcomer... just a new fighter. Granted, This is all me being hopeful... but what if he's reworked some of the older characters? Like... Ganondorf? Or Mewtwo? Perhaps Jigglypuff?

Just a thought here. I know we're all jumping on the newcomer wagon, but y'never know.

19222465690b2d802d12f3a125b6aec6.png

The way this is worded and the way he references Directs and the "new challenger videos" (which have only been done for Newcomers until now) has led most people to believe it's probably a Newcomer. You never know though, a vet could be shown alongside a Newcomer, like Charizard was.

Still, imo we won't see Ganon or Jiggly before launch, I reckon they're secret characters like Ness and the good Captain.

That and I also have no idea who Shulk is. So I don't care 'bout him too much yet. Smash is a good place to introduce him to me though!

He specifically said that normally the reveal these in Directs. Only Newcomers are revealed in Directs.

Btw, I heard that the Xenoblade developer retweeted the Smash Bros. Direct announcement as well. If this is the case then it really means nothing for Shulk.

• Thumbs Up 1

He specifically said that normally the reveal these in Directs. Only Newcomers are revealed in Directs.

Btw, I heard that the Xenoblade developer retweeted the Smash Bros. Direct announcement as well. If this is the case then it really means nothing for Shulk.

Apparently not this guy. Allegedly the writer that retweeted Monday's character announcement only retweeted directs that had Xenoblade/X content in them. I'm pretty sure there was another Monolith guy who did retweet a Smash direct. 

Not sure. Either way though I wouldn't dismiss it. 

Learning about new characters is pretty cool in smash but its not enough for me to try out their games. I'm now just playing Kirby and Pokemon's latest games for my own interest lol.

When I joined the smash games in brawl I was wondering who all these characters like fire emblem series, starfox series and I didn't even know about Wario having his own series.

The many bios from trophies are gonna be interesting to read from this one. That's one of the things I like about smash. I like to learn who I'm playing as and see what they are about.

Even though there's Google but what's the fun in that. Lol

Apparently not this guy. Allegedly the writer that retweeted Monday's character announcement only retweeted directs that had Xenoblade/X content in them. I'm pretty sure there was another Monolith guy who did retweet a Smash direct. 

Not sure. Either way though I wouldn't dismiss it.

It was Tetsuya Takahashi Wife, and Xenogears writer Soraya Saga.

But whenever Xenoblade chronicles x is going to be shown in a Nintendo direct she retweets the announcement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I'm not super sure what to expect on Monday then.. I won't get my hopes too high for Shulk incase this guy is inconclusive, but I think Shulk has a decent chance.

Also yeah Smash Bros. has a history of getting me into games too.. when I first got Smash Bros. 64 as a kid, the only characters I knew were the Mario ones, the Pokémon ones, DK, Yoshi, and Fox. I'd heard of/seen others, but I still thought Link was called Zelda, and I still thought Samus was a robot called Metroid (no joke, Smash is the game that taught me otherwise). I'd also never seen Kirby before, but I loved his design. Falcon and Ness were total mysteries to me.

Then in Melee, I knew most of the roster and had gotten into Zelda and Metroid thanks to Smash 64, but Ice Climbers, G&W and the Fire Emblem guys were totally new to me. I think Melee fast-tracked me into getting into tons of series' that I'm now into today, I may not have ever tried out Metroid, Kirby, F-Zero, Mother or Fire Emblem (FE is the only one I never really got into) if not for the Smash series. So I hope that if SSB4 is and continues to be popular with a new generation of gamers, that many of them show interest in some of the series' that really deserve to be played.

• Thumbs Up 5

Charizard was revealed at the end of the Smash Direct though.

Either way, I can easily see why people are assuming it's a Newcomer. Heck, I'm mostly expecting it as well. I just also see that he didn't state it exactly as a newcomer. So... under that assumption, I thought it might be a Veteran. But we won't know till Monday! Thank goodness is only two days... I couldn't wait much longer then that!

Charizard was revealed at the end of the Smash Direct though.

Who was essentially a semi newcomer due to becoming a solo character.  And the focus of the trailer was clearly Greninja, the full newcomer.  Zard was the support.

Who was essentially a semi newcomer due to becoming a solo character.  And the focus of the trailer was clearly Greninja, the full newcomer.  Zard was the support.

It still is a reveal of a veteran, more or less. Just adding a move doesn't make them a semi-newcomer. I mean, did Mario become a newcomer in Brawl by suddenly having FLUUD?

It still is a reveal of a veteran, more or less. Just adding a move doesn't make them a semi-newcomer. I mean, did Mario become a newcomer in Brawl by suddenly having FLUUD?

No, he became a semi newcomer because he's no longer tied to Squirtle and Ivysaur under the Pokemon Trainer.  He's now very much an individual character as opposed to a component of one.  You could argue the same with Zelda and Sheik but the difference between them is that you could very easily play them individually.  The Pokemon Trainer Pokes required you to play all three.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I first played Melee back in 2004, I only knew the Mario and Pokémon cast. Kirby I was sort of familiar with since I'd seen his games in many a videogame store. The Zelda cast was still a curiosity though again I was familiar with it, but everything else was a total mystery since I'd never really played many Nintendo games back then. I was more into the Playstation 1 and 2 (those were the only consoles we had!) and I never owned an N64 or SNES. No Nintendo consoles until the Gamecube, and we only ever had a regular ol Gameboy.

Now as for Brawl, the only ones I didn't recognise in that game were Pit, Ike and Lucas. By the time that came out I was already very much into Nintendo and knew about almost all the games and characters. There is no character in SSB4 that I don't recognise now! =3

• Thumbs Up 7

It'll be Krystal along with confirming Falco and/or Wolf, ending in "Year of Star Fox, Bitches," with a smart bomb exploding behind the text, and then I'll be really happy while the internet blows up that it wasn't Shulk or something :U.

Or yeah it's whatever you guys are saying, sure wynaut

seriously though I do hope the 3 minute video means it includes another veteran returning or something XD

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll be Krystal along with confirming Falco and/or Wolf, ending in "Year of Star Fox, Bitches," with a smart bomb exploding behind the text, and then I'll be really happy while the internet blows up that it wasn't Shulk or something :U.

seriously though I do hope the 3 minute video means it includes another veteran returning or something XD

The only logical explanation for a 3-minute video is a Villain Trailer.

I've been looking through the pic of the days and I was wondering which pic is your favorite?

Favorite reveal? Favorite funny pic? Favorite cool pic?

My favorite reveal is when sonic was announced. http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/h110/daily-2013-10-01.jpg"]http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/h110/daily-2013-10-01.jpg

My favorite funny pic is when Donkey Kong was being targeted by the dragoon. http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/h110/daily-2014-05-09.jpg

My favorite cool pic was when Sonic, Mario, Mega man and pacman were posing together.http://smashbros-miiverse.com/images/daily/h110/daily-2014-06-13.jpg

What will Shulk's intro tagline be? I'm thinking something like:

"Shulk foresees victory!" or "Shulk's time has come!"

• Thumbs Up 2

When I first played Melee back in 2004, I only knew the Mario and Pokémon cast. Kirby I was sort of familiar with since I'd seen his games in many a videogame store. The Zelda cast was still a curiosity though again I was familiar with it, but everything else was a total mystery since I'd never really played many Nintendo games back then. I was more into the Playstation 1 and 2 (those were the only consoles we had!) and I never owned an N64 or SNES. No Nintendo consoles until the Gamecube, and we only ever had a regular ol Gameboy.

Now as for Brawl, the only ones I didn't recognise in that game were Pit, Ike and Lucas. By the time that came out I was already very much into Nintendo and knew about almost all the games and characters. There is no character in SSB4 that I don't recognise now! =3

Geez that's like the exact same situation as mine, just replace the PS1/2 with an Xbox and Dreamcast.

I'm hoping for a veteran as well. IDK who, though, maybe Ness or Captain Falcon.

• Thumbs Up 1

They wouldn't waste a whole 3 minutes on a veteran. If a Veteran was involved, it would be like the Greninja trailer.

What will Shulk's intro tagline be? I'm thinking something like:

"Shulk foresees victory!" or "Shulk's time has come!"

I like those, I hope they do something like that.

They wouldn't waste a whole 3 minutes on a veteran. If a Veteran was involved, it would be like the Greninja trailer.

It wouldn't exactly be a "waste" but I agree, 3 mins is too long to spend on a vet. If a vet was shown it'd probably be alongside a Newcomer like you said.

I personally still think the only vets we'll see before launch may be as little as Wario, Meta Knight and Ice Climbers.. they may be saving everyone else as a secret character.

Infact, it's actually possible that Wario, MetaKnight and IC are all secret characters now, and that we'll only see Newcomers in the run up to release. One a month.

I think there's a good chance there'll be a veteran included in the reveal. Maybe Mr. Game & Watch since he was hinted at during E3.

On the other topic of being introduce to things through Smash Bros, for me it's like this:

64: I knew most characters somewhat. I knew of their existence and names (And even knew that Samus was a woman! laugh.png), but didn't know all too many details. We had a Genesis instead of a Super Nintendo and I spilled juice all over our NES when I was 3 or 4, so I only got to play their games at friends and family and the N64 and GB iterations, which some didn't have. Falcon was the one I didn't know, though. Like I said before, I thought he was from Metroid and was Samus' rival. I was pretty familiar with Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Link, Fox and Kirby.

Melee: I knew everyone but the Fire Emblem guys. I thought Roy was really cool, but didn't really care much about Marth.

Brawl: This time I knew everyone. I didn't know much about Lucas, but I knew of his existence and from what he was. Same for Ike.

SSB4: This time I know everyone playable again, I think. The most obscure thing for me so far is Pac-Land. The only Pac-Man platformers I've played are Pac-Man World 2 and Pac In Time. If Chorus Men get in, I don't know them, though I have played a bit of Rhythm Heaven at the store or a friends' once. I've never played Xenoblade, but I knew Shulk by name and look. Not a huge fan of his sword's design.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want the veteran reveal (if there is any) to be ROB for the novelty of Shulk thinking him to be a Mechon.

• Thumbs Up 1