Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

What will Shulk's intro tagline be? I'm thinking something like:

"Shulk foresees victory!" or "Shulk's time has come!"

Not this one. It should only be reserved for Reyn. "Reyn's time has come!" tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I think there's a good chance there'll be a veteran included in the reveal. Maybe Mr. Game & Watch since he was hinted at during E3.

Hinted? Only hinted? More like straight up revealed in that Pacman trailer! XP

But of course, we already knew G&W was going to be in because he's awesome and retro.

I don't know. I haven't seen the video, I just saw people mentioning that he was there.

What will Shulk's intro tagline be? I'm thinking something like:

"Shulk foresees victory!" or "Shulk's time has come!"

WIjDX0s.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

They should show Reyn, let him say his quote "Glad I'm here? No? Anyone?" with a few seconds of silence before Shulk comes in and gets officially revealed. :D

• Thumbs Up 5

Snake could be shown misinterpreting Metal Face as a Metal Gear before Shulk comes in saving the day.

Two awesome reveals for the price of one.

I might as well join in with how familiar I was with the franchises in each installment.

64: I basically only did not know who Ness was, as I had never played a Mother game or even really knew about the series at the time.

Melee: I only did not know who the Fire Emblem characters were. I had at least knowledge of the Ice Climbers and Game & Watch.

Brawl: There were no characters that I didn't know of.

Smash 4: If they're in, I did not know the Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven.

Also, Smash Bros. didn't introduce me to any franchises because of this. All the franchises I cared about I already knew about, and as for Mother... let's just say I don't care enough about it to really play it myself, and that and Fire Emblem are the only franchises it introduced me to. I also don't care for Fire Emblem though. I like characters from both and story aspects of both, but just never got into playing them.

I barely knew anything other than Pokemon and vague knowledge of Mario when I played Melee. By Brawl I was only slightly better (I started getting into Zelda around that time at least). This'll be the first Smash where I, at the very least, know about everyone. XP

They should show Reyn, let him say his quote "Glad I'm here? No? Anyone?" with a few seconds of silence before Shulk comes in and gets officially revealed. biggrin.png

I thought Reyn was more popular that Shulk unsure.png

Assuming Shulk is the new challanger, the power of his Monado will already be useless in multiplayer matches. How can it predict the next move of real players?

When I first played Smash Bros Melee, I knew absolutely nobody aside from Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby. The trophies taught me a lot about all of the characters before I started jumping into their respective games, and by the time Brawl came around I could recognize most of the cast. Fire Emblem and Mother threw me off a bit, but aside from those franchises I knew everyone.

I thought Reyn was more popular that Shulk unsure.png

Assuming Shulk is the new challanger, the power of his Monado will already be useless in multiplayer matches. How can it predict the next move of real players?

The Monado did more than just predict the future, since its main use in gameplay is for buffs or trapping enemies, I can see them giving the Monado a wide range of uses.

I know I shouldn't buy into the hype so early but I'd love to play as Shulk and I think he could be a fantastic and unique addition to the long line of sword fighters in the Smash line-up.

Surprisingly I knew about most of the characters when I first played the N64 Smash Bros. at about 4 or 5, although it was mostly due to the recent N64 games at the time (such as Star Fox 64 for Fox and Pokémon Stadium for Pikachu). The only ones I didn't really know about were Samus, Ness, and Captain Falcon. The latter was funny because before I'd unlocked him, my brother was trying to describe him to me and I thought he'd look like a pirate captain or something because of the "Captain" in his name. After I unlocked him, I also thought he was Samus' rival since you had to fight him on the Brinstar stage beforehand.

By Melee I pretty much knew about everyone except Marth, Roy, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch. By Brawl the only ones I didn't know about were Ike, Lucas, Pit, and Olimar.

And now, like everyone else, I'm familiar with everyone on the Wii U/3DS roster so far, and that makes me pretty excited. I only know about Shulk because of people online asking for him over the past few months, but I kind of want to play Xenoblade Chronicles at some point so I can get to know him better. Him being in Smash would only make me want to do that even more.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I shouldn't buy into the hype so early but I'd love to play as Shulk and I think he could be a fantastic and unique addition to the long line of sword fighters in the Smash line-up.

B-B-But he's not Cloud! The only Sword fighter that needs to be in Smash 4 is Cloud!

8-Cloud-Strife.jpg

He aint happy he's not in.

B-B-But he's not Cloud! The only Sword fighter that needs to be in Smash 4 is Cloud!

*snip*

He aint happy he's not in.

How fitting that your 4,444th post is in the Smash 4 thread.

Too many 4s

At least coming into this game I'm not like "whose that?" Well I dont know who shulk/ chorus men or chrom but if they are in I have an idea for what they are about.

Same with palutena.

>Jonathan Holmes

Eh, he's ok but sometimes he writes huge articles on things that don't need huge articles just to sound clever or interesting or different. I don't really get how he thinks.

I don't really think the "competitive scene" would play Smash competitively if they didn't find it fun. Yaknow.

So basically he likes the randomness of it....and random factors kind of shoot skill contests in the ass......okay bro. 

Tripping was more of a minor inconvenience I found...

Sure it was random, but it never really was a major pain in the buttocks.

I'm surprised nobody said a thing about the possibilities of bandana Waddle Dee or Jimmy Neutron

Because most people tend to see Bandana Dee as another Waddle Dee. Which he is. He may be his own character, but really, the only reason he was created was for four-player co-op in some Kirby games. I'd prefer someone like Magalor if we were to get a fourth Kirby rep.

This Holmes guy.  What a fucking joke.  No clue what he's talking about.  I cringed on each paragraph due to the incredible level of ignorance displayed in that "article".  Jeez I've seen better stuff on Kotaku.

I dunno, tripping was pretty hilarious when it was just me and my friends screwing around, so I could see how some people could miss it.

I honestly didn't even "notice" tripping, though I'm sure it happened to me a few times, if that makes sense. Like it was just something where I'd be like "oh ok" and move on. But I can see it being annoying during an actual competition, and I can't say I'll miss it either since it doesn't really add anything to the game.

• Thumbs Up 9