Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I had to re check on the official site to see if that was some kind of a joke or not. That's actually pretty damn cool. That Rayman model looks crisper than some of the in game stuff.

So does this mean that the leak with the Chorus Men was wrong all along, and it was actually the Rabbids who are being playable?

RAYMAN

WH-WHAT THE CRAP

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN MY BRAIN IS COLLAPSING IN ON ITSELF

• Thumbs Up 3

So does this mean that the leak with the Chorus Men was wrong all along, and it was actually the Rabbids who are being playable?

Its doubtful the leak was outright wrong, but its possible it was outdated. I don't think this has anything to do with Rayman, though.

yes and Jimmy Neutron

I've been mildly obsessed with Rayman lately, so this is double cool. I wonder which other third-party characters might be significant enough to get this kind of treatment...

(no points awarded for guessing Bayonetta)

WELL THAT HAPPENED.

I don't think anyone saw that coming. At all. Are you trying to mindfuck us, Sakurai?

yes and Jimmy Neutron

No, please shut up about Jimmy Neutron. Bringing him up once as a joke is fine, but you won't shut up about it.

WELL THAT HAPPENED.

I don't think anyone saw that coming. At all. Are you trying to mindfuck us, Sakurai?

Yes. He wants us to believe something then all of a sudden twists things around. I'll laugh hysterically if it turns out Shulk ISN'T today's reveal.

Somewhere, Sakurai is monitoring the reactions to this and is probably very pleased with himself.

I love how out of nowhere this is, even if it's obviously just for a trophy.

IM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

WHY RAYMAN

DID ANYONE CALL THIS? I SURE FUCKING DIDNT

WHY WHERE WHAT? SAKURAI EXPLAIN YOURSELF

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as I hate Ubisoft, I wouldn't mind Rayman being playable. In fact, I wonder if Ubisoft's secret Wii U game is a brand new 3D Rayman game.

Wait why are we panicing if it's just a trophy

Trophy or no, as far as we knew Ubisoft had nothing to do with Smash Bros. thus far. Even if it is a trophy, this is bending expectations here on what's going on in that studio. 

Yes. He wants us to believe something then all of a sudden twists things around. I'll laugh hysterically if it turns out Shulk ISN'T today's reveal.

It's fine to be hyped but no one should be 100% sure that it's anyone TBH.

Also, was the Rayman trophy a TROLOLOLOLOLOL attempt or what?

But why have a trophy of such a random 3rd party character!?!??!

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool!

Even thou there's a good chance that tomorrows reveal is someone already predicted / leaked, it's good to see Sakurai can still surprise everyone at a moments notice smile.png

As for Rayman playable.. I guess I'd be cool with it.. even thou Rabbids are pretty much the mascot of Ubisoft these days tongue.png

But why have a trophy of such a random 3rd party character!?!??!

Just like Jet in Brawl

BECAUSE WHAT THE CRAP THAT'S WHY

WHAT IF

WHAT IF ALL THOSE DADS REALLY DID WORK AT NINTENDO

WHAT IF GOKU AND GENO REALLY ARE HERE

WHAT IF THE SKY WAS GREEN ALL ALONG

YOU DON'T KNOW

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ANYMORE

*FETAL POSITION B/W HYPERVENTILATION*

• Thumbs Up 9

No one asked for Rayman because he's that type of Goku esque character that had no real chance of making it in, like that type of character you'd see on a bunch of Smash character select image edits and so the very idea of Rayman touching Smash was brushed off.

BUT HERE HE FUCKING IS, RIGHT THERE, AS A GOD DAMN TROPHY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE ANYMORE AND THAT SCARES ME

• Thumbs Up 9

No one asked for Rayman because he's that type of Goku esque character that had no real chance of making it in, like that type of character you'd see on a bunch of Smash character select image edits and so the very idea of Rayman touching Smash was brushed off.

BUT HERE HE FUCKING IS, RIGHT THERE, AS A GOD DAMN TROPHY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE ANYMORE AND THAT SCARES ME

What the hell are you talking about? Rayman is actually a VERY popular request. And he's not at ALL a "Goku esque" character. Goku is a character who has absolutely NO CHANCE of being playable because he's an anime/manga character.

Rayman is less likely for playable, and my guess is that they'll be including some trophies at this point for a few other popular game franchises with a major presence on Nintendo, even if they don't have playable characters. We might also see characters represented from existing third-parties from unrepresented franchises. For example, I doubted we'd get any Namco trophies from anything but Pac-Man, but now I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Lloyd trophy, for example (due to his major Nintendo presence).

UNLESS, of course, Rayman is actually playable, which I doubt.

Are you all enjoying Sakurai's ruse cruise? I admit, this might be the craziest thing he's ever done.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

tumblr_n8oucxpAWh1sntotwo1_500.png

Rayman's third party, right?

*checks miiverse*

Sakurai......whateryadoin'?! Don't tease me bro! You already hurt me with Dillon ; _ ;

Are you all enjoying Sakurai's ruse cruise? I admit, this might be the craziest thing he's ever done.

I'm ****ing hyperventilating right now. Holy shit, Sakurai, you ****ing troll. Here's hoping we get a major surprise for today's character reveal and its not just Shulk...

How's he anywhere near the Goku boat?  Rayman's had a solid portion of his history with Nintendo.  Rayman 2, Rayman Advance, Rabbids...

So uh.. why exactly is Rayman ruled out like Goku? Not only did the Rabbids series sell millions of copies on the Wii U, Ubisoft teamed up with Nintendo and delivered games like ZombiU and Rayman Legends. Both companies have been partners for a long time and have a long history with each other.