Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

How's he anywhere near the Goku boat?  Rayman's had a solid portion of his history with Nintendo.  Rayman 2, Rayman Advance, Rabbids...

I know, I just dont see a whole lotta people ever asking for Rayman so im surprised Sakurai is going with this

Something that could shine some light on this. Legends WAS a Wii U exclusive in Japan, Nintendo published it there.

I'm ****ing hyperventilating right now. Holy shit, Sakurai, you ****ing troll. Here's hoping we get a major surprise for today's character reveal and its not just Shulk...

Shulk would've been a surprise if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak.

I'm ****ing hyperventilating right now. Holy shit, Sakurai, you ****ing troll. Here's hoping we get a major surprise for today's character reveal and its not just Shulk...

A major surprize would be Jimmy Neutron. But nobody takes children seriously.

Just like Jet in Brawl

...You mean Jet the Hawk? A character from Sonic, who is in the game?

How is that "random?"

Oh god, will a Bomberman trophy actually be a thing after all?

I can imagine the imagine the image macros now. Pacman, Sonic, and Megaman getting to play in Nintendo's gala event while the others get to only watch and be acknowledged.

...You mean Jet the Hawk? A character from Sonic, who is in the game?

How is that "random?"

Jet (non trophy) was in Brawl? Huh, some how missed that

Man, they just went all out with third party characters and trophies and everything this time around, didn't they?

At first I thought they'd made him playable too and I was about to explode. I would just be "WHAT?!"

Shulk would've been a surprise if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak.

He wouldn't have been THAT surprising. Gematsu made him more likely, but he was still a highly requested character worldwide and the timing was perfect for Smash.

Jet (non trophy) was in Brawl? Huh, some how missed that

Jet was a trophy in Brawl, yes. Jet wasn't simply a "random" third-party character, though, because he's part of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and Sonic as a playable character in Brawl. Getting trophies based on third-party characters WITHOUT a character from that franchise being represented in the game is an entirely new thing that's never happened before.

Holy crap holy crap!!!!! Is this even real!?!? Lol are we actually getting another 3rd party? I hope so. I definitely hope he's getting revealed today.

But to ruin the surprised of a pic of the day? Idk

You know, we could be seeing assist trophies of 3rd party characters. We had Shadow the Hedgehog in Brawl.

You know, we could be seeing assist trophies of 3rd party characters. We had Shadow the Hedgehog in Brawl.

Except that we had Sonic as a playable. The only third-party AT's in Brawl were from existing third-party franchises

Except that we had Sonic as a playable. The only third-party AT's in Brawl were from existing third-party franchises

Isaac from Golden Sun?

Isaac from Golden Sun?

Isaac is owned by Nintendo. Even if he wasn't he'd still be second party.

Calling a Rabbid to be the playable character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac is owned by Nintendo. Even if he wasn't he'd still be second party.

*looks up Camelot software* .. I dunno.. owned by Nintendo and in partership with Nintendo...

Woah didnt see that coming I would love it if Rayman was a playable character

*looks up Camelot software* .. I dunno.. owned by Nintendo and in partership with Nintendo...

© 2010 Nintendo/CAMELOT. Golden Sun and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2010 Nintendo.

http://goldensun-games.com/

I don't have access to the game on-hand, so I can't see what the copyright notice is on the original Golden Sun games are either, but according to this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960545-golden-sun-dark-dawn/64505045?page=1

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but I'm seeing a lot of misinformation here.

As the game's copyright notice says, the rights to Golden Sun are shared between Nintendo and Camelot. More specifically, the rights to characters and music are owned by Nintendo, while the rights to everything else are shared. I could've sworn the Takahashi brothers mentioned this in an interview somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

And the publisher does not always own the rights to a game. Who owns the rights to the game is one of the things that is agreed upon in contracts.

Finally, Camelot is NOT owned by Nintendo. Don't know where that idea came from.

Says its from the game itself, so if anyone has the game look for it. Either way, though, the Dark Dawn website CLEARLY says copyright to both Camelot and Nintendo, and that Golden Sun is trademarked to Nintendo specifically. Plus, Camelot has an exclusivity contract with Nintendo which means that Golden Sun is second-party to Nintendo even if Nintendo doesn't own the copyrights (although according to the website itself Golden Sun is joint-copyright Nintendo and Camelot).

It doesn't matter WHO develops or published a game, it matters what the licensing is when developing a game. People need to get through their heads that the copyright holder of an IP does not have to be either the publisher or the developer. Hell, neither one has to be the copyright holder (although one of them usually is).

Golden Sun is most definitely a Nintendo IP. In the same sense that Fire Emblem is a Nintendo IP. Isaac is most definitely not a 3rd party character.

I feel like surprise reveals are overrated. I personally care more if something is good over something unexpected because once we actually get the opportunity to play the game whether or not the reveal was a surprise will be irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't seem like they would go out of their way to get the licenses to use the Rayman IP, only to make him a trophy. And the fact that Ubisoft went through the effort of making such a detailed model of him just for this game has me thinking he might have a chance of being revealed today? But, I don't know, I could be wrong! This is so absolutely random that I legitimately don't know who to expect anymore. It could be freakin' Prince Sable at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Golden Sun is most definitely a Nintendo IP. In the same sense that Fire Emblem is a Nintendo IP. Isaac is most definitely not a 3rd party character.

I feel like surprise reveals are overrated. I personally care more if something is good over something unexpected because once we actually get the opportunity to play the game whether or not the reveal was a surprise will be irrelevant.

To be fair, Intelligent Systems IS actually an internal development team. Still, as it stands right now, Isaac and all other Golden Sun characters are owned at least in part by Nintendo. So he's definitely not 3rd party, yes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright Alright, you guys win this round :P

It's actually interesting to read Camelot started of working with SEGA.. and I actually own Shining Force 3.

This is... so so bizarre. Nothing could have prepared me for this, and I never could have guessed or anticipated this, it defies all logic and expectations! Because.. because...

Surely using Rayman's likeness would mean royalties would be necessary? Why would Ubisoft make a 3D render just for a trophy in this game? Why would Sakurai request a character they'd need to sort out rights for just for a trophy in this game? Does this mean we'll see other "guest" trophies? Does this mean there are more plans for him? I've never seen a Smash update that asks so many questions and answers none of them! Will we ever get the answer??

OH MAN. I'm utterly bewildered what the F is going on??

S... S....

SAKURAAAAAIIII..!!

• Thumbs Up 6

Guys, remember that rumor that said that Snake was in the game, albeit as just a trophy?

Guys, remember that rumor that said that Snake was in the game, albeit as just a trophy?

Yeah I do remember it, what was the other content of that rumour again? :v Might be worth having another look at now actually.