Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

No one asked for Rayman because he's that type of Goku esque character that had no real chance of making it in, like that type of character you'd see on a bunch of Smash character select image edits and so the very idea of Rayman touching Smash was brushed off.

BUT HERE HE FUCKING IS, RIGHT THERE, AS A GOD DAMN TROPHY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE ANYMORE AND THAT SCARES ME

What the hell are you talking about? Rayman is actually a VERY popular request. And he's not at ALL a "Goku esque" character. Goku is a character who has absolutely NO CHANCE of being playable because he's an anime/manga character.

Rayman is less likely for playable, and my guess is that they'll be including some trophies at this point for a few other popular game franchises with a major presence on Nintendo, even if they don't have playable characters. We might also see characters represented from existing third-parties from unrepresented franchises. For example, I doubted we'd get any Namco trophies from anything but Pac-Man, but now I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Lloyd trophy, for example (due to his major Nintendo presence).

UNLESS, of course, Rayman is actually playable, which I doubt.

Are you all enjoying Sakurai's ruse cruise? I admit, this might be the craziest thing he's ever done.

I'm ****ing hyperventilating right now. Holy shit, Sakurai, you ****ing troll. Here's hoping we get a major surprise for today's character reveal and its not just Shulk...

No one asked for Rayman because he's that type of Goku esque character that had no real chance of making it in, like that type of character you'd see on a bunch of Smash character select image edits and so the very idea of Rayman touching Smash was brushed off.

BUT HERE HE FUCKING IS, RIGHT THERE, AS A GOD DAMN TROPHY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE ANYMORE AND THAT SCARES ME

How's he anywhere near the Goku boat?  Rayman's had a solid portion of his history with Nintendo.  Rayman 2, Rayman Advance, Rabbids...

So uh.. why exactly is Rayman ruled out like Goku? Not only did the Rabbids series sell millions of copies on the Wii U, Ubisoft teamed up with Nintendo and delivered games like ZombiU and Rayman Legends. Both companies have been partners for a long time and have a long history with each other.

How's he anywhere near the Goku boat?  Rayman's had a solid portion of his history with Nintendo.  Rayman 2, Rayman Advance, Rabbids...

I know, I just dont see a whole lotta people ever asking for Rayman so im surprised Sakurai is going with this

I'm ****ing hyperventilating right now. Holy shit, Sakurai, you ****ing troll. Here's hoping we get a major surprise for today's character reveal and its not just Shulk...

Shulk would've been a surprise if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak.

A major surprize would be Jimmy Neutron. But nobody takes children seriously.

Oh god, will a Bomberman trophy actually be a thing after all?

I can imagine the imagine the image macros now. Pacman, Sonic, and Megaman getting to play in Nintendo's gala event while the others get to only watch and be acknowledged.

Shulk would've been a surprise if it wasn't for the Gematsu leak.

He wouldn't have been THAT surprising. Gematsu made him more likely, but he was still a highly requested character worldwide and the timing was perfect for Smash.

Jet (non trophy) was in Brawl? Huh, some how missed that

Jet was a trophy in Brawl, yes. Jet wasn't simply a "random" third-party character, though, because he's part of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and Sonic as a playable character in Brawl. Getting trophies based on third-party characters WITHOUT a character from that franchise being represented in the game is an entirely new thing that's never happened before.

Holy crap holy crap!!!!! Is this even real!?!? Lol are we actually getting another 3rd party? I hope so. I definitely hope he's getting revealed today.

But to ruin the surprised of a pic of the day? Idk

You know, we could be seeing assist trophies of 3rd party characters. We had Shadow the Hedgehog in Brawl.

Except that we had Sonic as a playable. The only third-party AT's in Brawl were from existing third-party franchises

*looks up Camelot software* .. I dunno.. owned by Nintendo and in partership with Nintendo...

© 2010 Nintendo/CAMELOT. Golden Sun and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2010 Nintendo.

http://goldensun-games.com/

I don't have access to the game on-hand, so I can't see what the copyright notice is on the original Golden Sun games are either, but according to this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960545-golden-sun-dark-dawn/64505045?page=1

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but I'm seeing a lot of misinformation here.

As the game's copyright notice says, the rights to Golden Sun are shared between Nintendo and Camelot. More specifically, the rights to characters and music are owned by Nintendo, while the rights to everything else are shared. I could've sworn the Takahashi brothers mentioned this in an interview somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

And the publisher does not always own the rights to a game. Who owns the rights to the game is one of the things that is agreed upon in contracts.

Finally, Camelot is NOT owned by Nintendo. Don't know where that idea came from.

Says its from the game itself, so if anyone has the game look for it. Either way, though, the Dark Dawn website CLEARLY says copyright to both Camelot and Nintendo, and that Golden Sun is trademarked to Nintendo specifically. Plus, Camelot has an exclusivity contract with Nintendo which means that Golden Sun is second-party to Nintendo even if Nintendo doesn't own the copyrights (although according to the website itself Golden Sun is joint-copyright Nintendo and Camelot).

It doesn't matter WHO develops or published a game, it matters what the licensing is when developing a game. People need to get through their heads that the copyright holder of an IP does not have to be either the publisher or the developer. Hell, neither one has to be the copyright holder (although one of them usually is).

*looks up Camelot software* .. I dunno.. owned by Nintendo and in partership with Nintendo...

Golden Sun is most definitely a Nintendo IP. In the same sense that Fire Emblem is a Nintendo IP. Isaac is most definitely not a 3rd party character.

I feel like surprise reveals are overrated. I personally care more if something is good over something unexpected because once we actually get the opportunity to play the game whether or not the reveal was a surprise will be irrelevant.