Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

This trailer is exactly what you get when you try to predict Sakurai. The Captain has returned and Fire Emblem gets more love than ever before. I seriously love that man. XD

Wait, Chrom's an AT? And Lucina is a Marth alt? Anyone can confirm this for me? Lucina being a Marth alt makes most sense to me, which means the only real new character was Robin.

That was an awesome trailer! I'm so happy right now to be a fan of Fire Emblem but holy crap! We got Lucina (my favourite addition <3 I know she's basically fem!Marth but I love her), Robin which is pretty cool even though he/she is just an Avatar character and omfg Chrom is in too?!

Sheesh, that's a lot of Fire Emblem reps! I'm so happy right now thank you Sakurai. Its a shame Shulk wasn't announced today but this still made my day. Oh, and Captain Falcon is great, as always!

Holy shit this was unexpected, not only did we get 2 (kinda) new female characters, one of which is an extremely unique one, but the Gematsu leak is now genuinely thrown into question. I didn't expect this at all. O_O

I can't believe people are disappointed with this???? Why?? I understand there are loads of Fire Emblem characters, but the series is getting seriously popular and there's a lot of uniqueness to draw from as we can see with Robin.

I'm disappointed we didn't see Shulk, but I still think we'll get him eventually. I wasn't expecting anymore Newcomer surprises, but we just got tons. I'm officially HAPPY.

• Thumbs Up 4

Let's hope the official site updates with the new characters soon so we all know what status they have - I'm pretty sure at least Lucina and Robin are both fully-fledged playable characters in their own right, and Chrom is arguably a bit more debatable but the fact they actually gave him a little section at the end makes me think he'll be playable too.

Which, if so, would give us FIVE Fire Emblem reps. Holy balls. That gives it almost as many reps as Mario! Sakurai must really love Awakening!

Thank god the Captain is back I was worried about his removal. And it's nice to have a magic-using swordsman, I don't think we've had that in Smash before. 

That fucking Chrom bait and switch though. Sakuari fucking had me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

b-b-b-but muh Rayman D:

I like Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I'll have to admit I wasn't really too surprised or thrilled on the Lucina/Chrom reveal. Though it's nice to know the Falcon is back Falcon Bust Caps in Asses.

That, and it was kinda worth it for this:

p2iu3Wm.png

as if on cue :D

• Thumbs Up 9

Fire Emblem group artwork ahoy!

BsgqomyCIAE-3jv.png

Pretty sure they wouldn't bother drawing artwork of them all if Lucina was an alternate costume and Chrom was an Assist Trophy.

EDIT: Well whaddya know, apparently it is just Lucina and Chrom (and Captain Falcon) after all. Can't get onto the site myself but this is apparently what the updated character selection looks like:

Bsgq5FWCIAALMpQ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

*Heavy breathing* 

I'm still hyped, so much win. Kinda unfair they showed the whole Lucina as a character, when she's just a Marth Alternate. But she's better off as an alt. Still a good choice, and Robin (FE Awakening customizable avatar/ your character in case some peeps don't know) is definitely gonna be one of my mains now! 

I wonder if he's gonna be semi-customizable as the Avatar itself was in FE: Awakening?

UPDATE:

Lucina in the official website has her own "character slot" does she mean she is actually a Marth clone as a separate character slot? Kinda makes sense, but I'd rather have her as a costume. Might mean she'll have some differences, and perhaps a different FS?

Not sure why Captain Falcon is such a big deal, I'm actually more surprised he got shown before release, I didn't expect him to be shown until after the game was out.

So... status of Gematsu leak now? Seriously under question..

EDIT: Lucina doesn't have a "Newcomer" slot on the official site, she might be a Marth alt or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how Robin represents Fire Emblem Awakening very well: limited use weapons and the pair up/dual strike mechanic by the final smash.

By the way no splash screen for ol' Falcon?  Pfft...   (Seriously though glad he's back.)

Not sure why Captain Falcon is such a big deal, I'm actually more surprised he got shown before release, I didn't expect him to be shown until after the game was out.

So... status of Gematsu leak now? Seriously under question..

I mean... Chrom's there. He's not a playable character, but he has a place. So it's not like the leak was entirely wrong. We still have strong evidence for the Chorus boys though.

Chrom seems to be part of Robin's Final Smash. I don't know what to think anymore. 

Lucina's great, but I'm kinda disappointed.

I mean... Chrom's there. He's not a playable character, but he has a place. So it's not like the leak was entirely wrong. We still have strong evidence for the Chorus boys though.

Don't forget that earlier today, Gematsu guy got an email from his source saying "Enjoy Shulk". Who did we get? Not Shulk.

It's validity is very questionable right now.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow

tumblr_n8pgbrmwZ91qj2471o1_500.png

For being a genius, Robin sure is stupid to wield both a Levin Sword and a Tome at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 7

Can't help but feel disappointed that Lucina is probably just an alt or clone. Robin looks neat at least, but yeah. Pretty shocked at the moment. 

Yup she's officialy a separate character now, she has her mask as a taunt maybe? and that Final smash screenshot, just beautiful ~

I should be kinda sad she's a clone character and not an alt. costume. But the hype and the awesomeness that is Lucina, doesn't make me angry / disappointed in the slightest 

screen-1.jpg

See I like this. As Chrom is apparently a Final Smash.

Now here's the thing. Chorus Men and Shulk are questionable now. They would be still new, but if they aren't newcomers any longer... would that mean someone else got in?

I just noticed. Lucina's profile on the main site doesn't say, "newcomer." Robin got a newcomer tag like the rest of the characters, why doesn't Lucina?

EDIT: Lucina doesn't have a "Newcomer" slot on the official site, she might be a Marth alt or something.

You're right, that is a bit odd... but I doubt they'd give a slot on the site to an alternate costume of all things. And besides, look at that trailer - Lucina got a hell of a lot of spotlight in terms of screentime and voice acting. Seems like a lot of effort to go to if she's not a proper character, even if she is a clone.

So lemme get this straight. Lucina is an alt. skin of Marth and Chrom is potentially an Assist trophy or FS related character? Huh, oh well. Maybe it isn't quite five reps then after all, but it's still nice to see so much Fire Emblem love. As for Robin, I wasn't so keen on him/her at first because it's just your avatar in Awakening, but seeing his gameplay again he/she actually looks really cool and uses a whole bunch of magic AND sword moves.

Has the website been updated yet with character slots?