Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I didn't forget them, I just don't see them as anymore than enemies in Smash Run.

We know the playable roster was decided upon right at the beginning, so him merely saying "Pokémon XY Pokémon" and saying Chrom was playable is suspicous to me and is why I doubt the leak (Also every confirmed, leaked characters but Wii Fit Trainer were fairly easy guesses.)

Shulk and the Chorus Men might be playable, I don't know, but I don't trust the leak.

The enemies in Smash Run all are representative of franchises that are playable characters and originate from Smash Bros. We have yet to get any other random set of enemies aside from these Rhythm heaven reps, Xenoblade enemies, and one polar bear from Ice Climbers.

My only concern with this reveal is if Lucina is gonna be a alt skin or a clone, because I'll be quite unhappy if she's a clone considering she seems like she plays just like Marth and we don't need Roy 2.0. Other then that I have no issues with this despite not being a huge FE fan. 

Robin's inclusion makes me not care that we have another blue-haired swords(wo)man.

At least it was Lucina and not somebody boring like Gaius. Or worse, Nowi.

The enemies in Smash Run all are representative of franchises that are playable characters and originate from Smash Bros. We have yet to get any other random set of enemies aside from these Rhythm heaven reps, Xenoblade enemies, and one polar bear from Ice Climbers.

Then again, from a series that possibly may not have a chance to make an actual single character, where else a better place to represent it besides just an Assist Trophy?

Also, don't forget Pooka. Yes, he's from Namco, but it's not a Pac-Man enemy. Though likely just chosen because Pac-Man uses the ghosts already.

Guys, seriously. Lucina has her own slot on the character list, she's got her own render, her own voice actor, she got a lot of spotlight in the trailer... she's not just an alternate costume. A clone of Marth, possibly, but not just a skin.

The enemies in Smash Run all are representative of franchises that are playable characters and originate from Smash Bros. We have yet to get any other random set of enemies aside from these Rhythm heaven reps, Xenoblade characters, and one polar bear from Ice Climbers.

So we do currently have enemies from franchises without playable reps.

Just today we got a Rayman trophy, a character from a series from a different company with no playable character. Having enemies from otherwise unrepresented franchises certainly seems possible.

Part of the reason this is so big to me is because I, everyone expected Chrom, who may be a good character in his own game but offers no diversity from Marth or Ike as a Smash character, another blue haired male Lord class swordsman. Instead, we got Lucina, a female character who is really awesome and may not even be "taking up" a character slot, and Robin, a completely unique character with a magic-based moveset.

I don't know why people are so annoyed at them? Like.. Fire Emblem is getting extremely popular? Did everyone just assume they wouldn't make any characters at all based on the game that changed Fire Emblem from a niche game to a successful one? And would you all have preferred another blue haired male to Lucina or Robin?

Everyone has their own preferences of what they'd like to see in Smash, but like it or not, Fire Emblem is getting seriously popular lately, and as far as Newcomers from that series, particularly Awakening, goes, this has ended pretty well for non-Fire Emblem fans because it means that there's more variety.

Would you have preferred Chrom :v

who may be a good character in his own game

did we play the same game

There's waaaaay too little footage to go by in order to discern what Lucina is and isn't. It's more likely that she's a Falco-style clone than anything else since Sakurai went to extents differentiating most characters in Brawl. We'll probably be hearing more about her during the week.

Also Karate Joe is probably not going to be a RH rep. The likeliest rep is still Marshal, who looks similar to the Chorus Kids but is generally the "face" of Rhythm Heaven Fever, serving as a guide. He'd probably have a moveset encompassing facets of all RH games.

• Thumbs Up 7

Then again, from a series that possibly may not have a chance to make an actual single character, where else a better place to represent it besides just an Assist Trophy?

Also, don't forget Pooka. Yes, he's from Namco, but it's not a Pac-Man enemy. Though likely just chosen because Pac-Man uses the ghosts already.

We've seen Sakurai make movesets from nothing. He could do it with the Chorus boys. However, Karate Joe would be the better pick.

Guys, seriously. Lucina has her own slot on the character list, she's got her own render, her own voice actor, she got a lot of spotlight in the trailer... she's not just an alternate costume. A clone of Marth, possibly, but not just a skin.

Keep in mind we confirmed a female version of Robin, which has a slightly different model and different voice clips, so it's not out of the question for Lucina to be a skin of Marth with different voice clips. 

Personally I see Lucina as an Alt-Costume. I mean, the Wii Fit Trainer has a new voice. If the Pittoo tease is legit, he's also getting a different voice and costume.

I don't see Lucina having Clone status, as she really doesn't bring as much a cloneness as Luigi and Toon Link. Then again, we've only got a few seconds of her. We'll have to wait and see.

Personally wanting just a skin. That spot, if it is a spot on the roster, could be someone so much better.

EDIT: Though if she is a skin swap, this means that the previous rules of 'The Announcer lines needs to be changed too!' Are no longer viable. o.o

Part of the reason this is so big to me is because I, everyone expected Chrom, who may be a good character in his own game but offers no diversity from Marth or Ike as a Smash character, another blue haired male Lord class swordsman. Instead, we got Lucina, a female character who is really awesome and may not even be "taking up" a character slot, and Robin, a completely unique character with a magic-based moveset.

I don't know why people are so annoyed at them? Like.. Fire Emblem is getting extremely popular? Did everyone just assume they wouldn't make any characters at all based on the game that changed Fire Emblem from a niche game to a successful one? And would you all have preferred another blue haired male to Lucina or Robin?

Everyone has their own preferences of what they'd like to see in Smash, but like it or not, Fire Emblem is getting seriously popular lately, and as far as Newcomers from that series, particularly Awakening, goes, this has ended pretty well for non-Fire Emblem fans because it means that there's more variety.

I wasn't sure what to expect for Fire Emblem to be honest! I knew it would be another rep and an Awakening one at that but deep down I wasn't sure if it was going to be Chrom (and personally I didn't want him) or even Lucina. Hell I wasn't even sure about Robin!

To see Lucina in the game has made me very happy indeed since she's my favourite despite probably ending up being a Marth clone, but Robin looks to be a unique character for the roster and especially unique for Fire Emblem which has mainly been about characters who wield swords. I'm actually relieved Chrom isn't a playable character because like you said, he is yet another blue haired Lord who wields a sword and he's not very interesting.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the Fire Emblem reps and glad to see we get four great characters to choose from. This is a popular series everyone! It deserves four reps easy after Awakening's popularity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind we confirmed a female version of Robin, which has a slightly different model and different voice clips, so it's not out of the question for Lucina to be a skin of Marth with different voice clips.

Lucina is not a skin. She has her own character page, listed as Newcomer. Robin's skin shares a spot with his own slot.

Did Wii Fit Trainer's Male alt get its own character slot?

This is not hard to grasp, people.

• Thumbs Up 7

Lucina is not a skin. She has her own character page, listed as Newcomer. Robin's skin shares a spot with his own slot.

Did Wii Fit Trainer's Male alt get its own character slot?

This is not hard to grasp, people.

But look at this!

a6bc7e41d26bc5bf29f69bb2eac2e028.png

It doesn't call her a newcomer like Robin and all the other newcomers on the page with all the characters.

This is all so confusing. 

Yes but they very clearly mentioned that as an aside, and introduced the two characters together.

If Lucina literally was just an alternate costume of Marth, that would have been made more obvious - we hardly saw Marth at all in the trailer, after all. And they're lavishing all of this attention on her. Why go to all those lengths if she's just a costume?

I fully expect her to be very similar in nature to Marth, and that's probably why she's not got top billing on the newcomer status compared to Robin, but she's still bound to be her own character in her own right.

Personally I think what bothers me about it is that if Lucina, an apparent Clone of Marth, gets in as a seperate character, this means other characters with similar moves in the past may return. And I want my new Ganondorf, dammit.

But look at this!

a6bc7e41d26bc5bf29f69bb2eac2e028.png

It doesn't call her a newcomer like Robin and all the other newcomers on the page with all the characters.

This is all so confusing. 

BWuRi4J.png

She has her own page and her own render. She isn't an alt, why are people so confused by this

BWuRi4J.png

why are people so confused by this

Because Lucina`s character page and her icon on the page with all the characters contradict each other. 

The reason Lucina isn't listed as a "newcomer" on the main page is because each newcomer on said page comes with their own announcement video. As she and Robin were announced simultaneously, the video is just attached to the more original and more prolific character of the two - Robin. No point having the same trailer on two separate pages, after all.

As shown above, Lucina is still very much treated as a newcomer, she's just not the headline act in today's reveal.

Heck, Captain Falcon didn't even get a "Captain Falcon [insert intro line here]!" screen, but no one's doubting his inclusion.

I'm not sure what to think of this whole Lucina thing, but part of me is thinking that she may be some new kind of character who is more cloney than a regular clone. Like, literally an alt skin but with their own character slot, voice and name. This would explain Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's trailer too, and might even let us use Daisy or something. I guess we don't know enough to say anything for certain, so I hope Sakurai talks about her and Dark Pit soon.. it's very confusing.

did we play the same game

I say "may" bc I've barely even played it and I know a lot of people like Chrom and I don't feel like stepping on their feet when I'm trying to explain why Lucina and Robin are a good decision.

Lucina's link is also a tiny little icon. there's no room to put the emblem.

There's no conspiracy here, she's a newcomer and that's that.

I just saw the trailer... I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for Shulk.

I'm not very familiar with Fire Emblem (I want to try Awakening though), but I can probably live with this. Robin looks the most interesting of the characters, being both a magic user and a sword user, so I'll give him/her a try when the game rolls around. I find it funny the character echoes Palutena's spiel from her own trailer, and I wonder if they'll have the same level of customization as she does in terms of movesets. Lucina seems cool, and I get the impression she is a new character, but a clone of Marth with a slightly different spin on his moveset like how Wolf is to Fox. It's too early to tell, though.

But I still want Shulk, dammit!

Because Lucina`s character page and her icon on the page with all the characters contradict each other.

Because she shares a poster with Robin.

They're not going to put the same thing up there twice.

That's probably just so all the links fit on the character list page without it looking awkward while still having all the new stuff at the top of the page. I mean, one of the "newcomer/banner" links takes the same amount of space as three of those smaller ones.

e5360b2d39246d3e62cc214801ccffaa.png

*shrug*

Regarding Lucina's "clone" status, I personally think she'll play more like Roy, except without the fire-based attacks.

I'm with Zaysho in thinking that she might be to Marth what Wolf (or Falco) is to Fox.