Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

No seriously why does Robin have both a Levin Sword and a Tome? This fucking bugs me.

For those who don’t know, the Levin Sword isn’t actually a sword. It’s a Lightning Tome that people who can wield swords can use. But it’s much weaker than any tome in the game.

So Robin is basically fighting with 2 tomes.

Robin's using a Levin Sword because it's Robin's weapon of choice, and is seen in his/her official art. Robin may have access to all weapons, but Robin's affinity is for electricity - there's a reason the flavor text was "Robin brings the Thunder!!"

Robin's also seen wielding the Bronze Sword in some scenes, so Robin may cycle through swords as well. Which is just fine and makes sense - Robin's the only FE character wielding swords that can break, so Robin's gotta cycle through them as well. It's a nice touch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have barely played FE, but these newcomers seem pretty fun. I'll definitely try them out! 

I don't know what to expect now for the next reveal. The characters in the "leak" still seem interesting, though not likely. Shulk hopefully is in.

And I still think Dark Pit will be a assist trophy, like Chrom.

Every move Lucina did in that trailer was frame by frame identical to Marth's. Not similar, identical. Even her idle was identical (at the very least every single clone in Smash has had a different idle animation to their original. Roy for instance has a different idle to Marth. Only exception I think is Doc but he is the same character as Mario).

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Doc have at least the head turning idle animation instead of Mario's hat adjusting. Not that I'm defending Doc's inclusion as anything but an alt costume.

Welp, we got Lucina, but we also got Whitebread. The character I want to play as is a clone, and the unique character is a cardboard cutout at best.

Curse you, Sakurai.

PS: I will give you all the cash in the world for Falcon tho I don't care how many attractive actors I have to gold-dig

While Robin does have the personality of a cement parking barrier, I'm actually pleased with how they look in this one. I'm glad Chrom gets to appear in Robin's Final Smash since the pair up mechanic was one of the more unique (and broken) things about Awakening. I honestly just didn't think they stood much of a chance. 

But yeah, Lucina being a clone is pretty lame. No way around that.  

• Thumbs Up 4

And I still think Dark Pit will be a assist trophy, like Chrom.

Chrom's not an Assist Trophy. He fights with Robin in his/her Final Smash. 

Which is pretty appropriate because

• Robin and Chrom have a huge (B)romance
  • Dual Striking is insanely OP and what made Awakening really easy. 
  • Thumbs Up 7

Chrom's not an Assist Trophy. He fights with Robin in his/her Final Smash. 

Which is pretty appropriate because

• Robin and Chrom have a huge (B)romance
  • Dual Striking is insanely OP and what made Awakening really easy. 

Ah, okay. Still think DP will be a AT though.:P

I'm hoping they just aren't finished working with Lucina yet or something because her being a complete 100% Marth reskin is the lamest thing to do with her.

Like, I wouldn't even mind if they made her like Roy honestly.

Either way I'm happy she's in but still.

• Thumbs Up 1

Robin's using a Levin Sword because it's Robin's weapon of choice, and is seen in his/her official art. Robin may have access to all weapons, but Robin's affinity is for electricity - there's a reason the flavor text was "Robin brings the Thunder!!"

Robin's also seen wielding the Bronze Sword in some scenes, so Robin may cycle through swords as well. Which is just fine and makes sense - Robin's the only FE character wielding swords that can break, so Robin's gotta cycle through them as well. It's a nice touch.

Well, according to Awakening, Ragnell can break.

Well, according to Awakening, Ragnell can break.

That's only because the sword lost its blessing of the Goddess Ashera over the thousands of years it was passed down through Ike's descendants. When Ike wielded it, it still had the blessings and was indestructible.

So that's what... 96 Fire Emblem characters?

If we don't get at least a third DK rep I will be pissed.

So uhhhh...

Best reveal ever? Why yes.

I'm glad that FE got some more reps out there. I'll definitely will be playing them for sure.

And yes I've been a closet FE fan. tongue.png

So that's what... 96 Fire Emblem characters?

If we don't get at least a third DK rep I will be pissed.

Frankly, I'd be SHOCKED at this point if we don't have both Dixie Kong and K. Rool. Both are extremely iconic and DK's revival was massively more popular. And so much for Sakurai favoring "his" franchises, considering the fact we got one KI rep right now (Dark Pit is going to be an alt of Pit, he's still called Pit after all) and two FE reps. Dixie and K. Rool to round out the DK franchise just makes too much sense.

Either way, I'm happy.

For all of Sakurai's attention to detail, I'm surprised they forgot to put Lucina's Brand of the Exalt in her left eye. It's not even present in the "Challenger Approaching" banner that focuses on the newcomers' eyes.

It's too central to Lucina's character to be an oversight. Wonder what's up.

tumblr_inline_n8posjZugd1r9uy9k.png

Come on, Sakurai. Don't leave us hanging. You can have Mega-Man, PacMan, Mario, Sonic, and Rayman all playable together. You can have the best video game mascots all playable. 

I'm still waiting, man. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Here's something intriguing: http://smashboards.com/threads/heir-to-the-monado-shulk-for-ssb4.324326/page-158#post-17061572

GUYS! SAL ROMANO HAS SPOKEN!

"As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say."

So by the sound of it, Shulk was expected and the trailer was prepared but they switched it for the Robin+Lucina one as a last second decision?

• Thumbs Up 6

I doubt it. My guess is the guy HAS no info anymore. I DO believe he had the first six right. I don't know where he got Mii Fighter from, but my guess is the guy leaked the initial info and got fired. He made up the second leak based on valid speculation. Chorus Men was a bit out there, but if he checked sales he may have noticed it was extremely popular, or he knew Sneaky Spirits were in Smash Run.

I never thought he legitimately knew Shulk was going to be revealed. Everyone was banking on Shulk being revealed due to the retweets and everything else, he probably saw that and figured "ok, now they're going to announce Shulk," and passed it off as a leak. Shulk's mostlikely still is in the game, and my guess is he'll either be secret, or he'll be the last character announced before release.

Its POSSIBLE Sakurai switched the reveal at the last second, but kinda doubtful. The video wasn't three minutes long, but it was very close, so maybe they just said three minutes because it was close to three minutes anyway (it was actually 2 minutes and 50 seconds, barely shorter...)

Either way, it doesn't matter. The leak is dead because he announced Chrom and Chrom isn't in it. This is literally the first time he's been wrong, and if you look at the history... Pokemon From X/Y wasn't a legit answer and everyone thought Palutena was in anyway, especially after the first Palutena leak.

There's also the fact that Sakurai stated the roster was decided at the start. I mean, its possible that Chrom was planned but replaced with Robin, but its doubtful. If the guy's info was legit, he probably heard "main character from Fire Emblem: Awakening" and immediately assumed Chrom, even though Robin really is the true main character of Awakening. Chrom is the face of Awakening, but Robin is the one most of the story revolves around, especially the second half of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find it hard to imagine Sakurai pulling out a Shulk trailer at the last minute and replacing it with a 1:45 long anime CG sequence complete with VA work and SFX that obviously should have had time to make and complete, and just so happened to be ready to go just today.

Dunno, it feels like damage control and saving face on Sal's part.