Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well, with Lucina in, it's looking like Lucas staying as Mother rep #2 is more likely than it seemed before.

I just don't see them creating a completely new moveset for a character.

If anything ganondorf, Toon link,and Lucina's custom specials will be different from the originals.

Maybe not a COMPLETELY new moveset, but Bowser has shown us that heavy revamps to a character for a more accurate representation are possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just realized that its our first time seeing an alt with a different voice.

So I guess it confirms that he's doing ng it.

I think Lucina is special because she's a female. I know this might not be a big deal to people, but having more females in the game and being able to play as Lucina instead of Marth is a plus. They're from the same game and Lucina is pretty much Marth so I see it more as an alt than a clone. It doesn't annoy me as much as two completely different characters with so much potential from two different franchises being clones.

Well Lucina isn't really an "alt.", at best she's a clone with attacks that have different properties, and at worst she's still got her own character slot even if her moveset is identical to Marth's.

So I had some inspiration 

I don't have anything against the FE reps seriously, this is a joke

• Thumbs Up 2

I was already annoyed when Toon Link turned out to be identical to Link once again, so I'm worried that Ganondorf will be a clone of Cap, Falcon again too. Trust me, I will be very, very angry if Ganondorf's confirmed to be a clone instead of having a unique moveset based on OoT or TP (depending which Ganon they choose, probably the latter), because come on! It's fucking Ganondorf. You know, the main villain of Zelda? Treat him with some respect dangit and make him a good playable character instead of another lame clone!

• Thumbs Up 4

So I had some inspiration

I don't have anything against the FE reps seriously, this is a joke

That was pretty much me when I saw captain falcon blocking her with no effort. Lol captain pwns!

Ganondorf must keep his choke-slam, that's all I ask,

EDIT: They could make him a stance character, so that he can change from armed (WW/TP) to unarmed (OoT etc). Would cover a lot of bases imo

The only reason I don't like the idea of using the  Wind Waker Ganon design is that he would look off next to Link and Zelda. I like the idea of duel swords though. 

I think Lucina is special because she's a female. I know this might not be a big deal to people, but having more females in the game and being able to play as Lucina instead of Marth is a plus. They're from the same game and Lucina is pretty much Marth so I see it more as an alt than a clone. It doesn't annoy me as much as two completely different characters with so much potential from two different franchises being clones.

no

I wouldn't be against Ganondorf having his twin swords from Wind Waker, but with all of the other swordsmen that are already present in the game, I'd strongly prefer him using the Trident of Power that he usually has in his Ganon form. At least he'd have something visually unique going for him then, while still paying tribute to his role in the Zelda games as the overarching Big Bad, I think.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only reason I don't like the idea of using the  Wind Waker Ganon design is that he would look off next to Link and Zelda. I like the idea of duel swords though. 

He'd look right at home next to Toon Link though.

I'd like either WW ganon

or TP ganon using his OoT magic attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

idgaf what moveset they give Ganondorf as long as it isn't Captain Falcon's

This.

Seriously, Robin using both Sword and Magic at once is how I pictured Ganondorf to be fighting like.

And people are confused about the Reveal cause we don't know whether Lucina is just a Female skin for Marth, or a Clone character on the lines of Falco, Ganondorf, and Roy. 

The Trailer and pics didn't really show anything to difference her from Marth aside from obviously being female and having different taunts. Sakurai did bothered to give Lucina her own space on the Website instead of updated Marth's page, so she is her own separate character, but extremely too similar to Marth at this point,

Hopefully Sakurai will be talking about her in the upcoming Miiverse post so that we can learn more about her that can separate her from Marth.

But hey, I don't care. She's here, and shoot, I'm gonna be using her hell of a lot over Marth anyway, 

idgaf what moveset they give Ganondorf as long as it isn't Captain Falcon's

....What if it was Jigglypuff's 

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, Robin using both Sword and Magic at once is how I pictured Ganondorf to be fighting like.

*Imagines Ganondorf with a book in one hand and reading it while punching Link.*

*Imagines Ganondorf with a book in one hand and reading it while punching Link.*

Have that book be the Book of Mudora, and I'll be down with that.

+1 for more interested in WW Ganondorf than anything else.  If they can include Toon Link they can include him, there's no arbitrary need for him to match TP Link and TP Zelda that is worth trading away the far more interesting Ganondorf design of the two, and the one with the most memorable characterisation and boss battle in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 5