Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Oh derp, Animal Crossing is 2nd party isn't it.

Nope. Animal Crossing is made by Nintendo.

Snake definitely (Replaced with Megaman)

Possibly one of the Ness/Lucas characters

Game & Watch

Olimar (Probably getting swapped with a Pikmin 3 character)

R.O.B

Meta Knight

King DeDeDe

Falco

Lucario (Mewtwo back in with new form?)

Ike

Toon Link

I think all of the above would be easy to eliminate.

I highly doubt we're getting only 35 characters, I could see them cutting it off at 40 though. Does the "35 characters" include Zero Suit Samus and Sheik being separate characters, or no? I forgot, haven't played Brawl in a while.

Snake is a POSSIBILITY to drop. Sonic? No way he's going anywhere. Toon Link I definitely saw going away. Game and Watch, maybe, but I doubt it. I could easily see them dropping Ike and one of the Mother characters, sticking either with just Lucas or Ness (I think Ness is more recognizable, though, especially since he's been around since the beginning).

As for others. Ike will probably be replaced by Chrom, though I'd prefer him to be replaced by Lucina. I could see Meta Knight OR Dedede going, NOT both of them. Falco has been around since Melee and is a major Star Fox character... I kinda doubt they'd drop him, if anyone they'd drop Wolf. But who knows? Lucario is a safe drop as well. R.O.B. makes sense and Olimar is possible, too.

Considering there's a toon Link in the stage itself, I'm thinking the opposite.

COnsidering Wind Waker's being remade I'd be a LITTLE surprised if he's out.

Plus WW Link is not the same Link as ST Link so there's nothing to stop them existing in tandem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Plus WW Link is not the same Link as ST Link so there's nothing to stop them existing in tandem.

Playing as Link and Toon Link while on the Spirit Tracks stage where ST Link appears

LINKCEPTION

So, why are you guys flipping shit about there not being any more new characters when that same wiiudaily article confirmed that Sakurai said that the game would have "many new characters?"

• Thumbs Up 1

So, why are you guys flipping shit about there not being any more new characters when that same wiiudaily article confirmed that Sakurai said that the game would have "many new characters?"

Because it's fun to guess?

Up until now we never had to worry about unique characters getting the axe (except for Mewtwo), so naturally people are wondering which characters will be replaced, assuming Sakurai's statement about having several new characters while still maintaining Brawl's total is true.

If MegaMan (a pretty much dead franchise) can get in, I don't see why Sonic (a very alive franchise), being partners with Nintendo now, won't get in himself.

I'm pretty excited either way as so far it's looking good. The video looked laggy to me but that might have just been me; I'm sure it'll be fine come the final game. I'm really enthused to hear about the online play myself as that was a huge weakness Brawl had.

...that and they didn't make full use of the ability to patch unbalanced characters. Say what you will about Playstation All Stars, at least they actually took the time to change things every so often.

Hmm, several characters huh. Here's my take on who's getting replaced:

1. Snake= Replaced by Megaman

2. Lucas= Replaced by Villager

3. Lucario= Replaced by Mewtwo (possibly)

4. Toon Link

5. Wolf

6. ROB

7. Olimar

4 through 7 replaced by anybody's guess

YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL SAFE FROM NOT PLAYING NEW LEAF
1370965808119.gif

YOU FUCKERS ARE NEVER SAFE

Another thing I don't like, Samus' final smash

It's the same as her Brawl one.
I was really hoping every character would have new final smashes.

Unless maybe we're getting 2 finals for everyone?

If they're going to axe characters, I hope it's the clones.  Or better yet, just make the clones into alternate skins.

Oh derp, Animal Crossing is 2nd party isn't it.

It's first party...

3. Lucario= Replaced by Mewtwo (possibly)

My bet's on Zoroark.

Edited by Metal Gear (sting)RAY

I'm just saying, I think it'd be a bit strange to have a playable character who looks very much like a level's "background" object.

Call it empty speculation, but I don't think Sonic's getting in this go round. If there is another third party character, it could very well be somebody new. 

Megaman being in this game in the first place is a prime example of Nintendo listening to fans, and with that said it makes it all the more doubtful that they would not include Sonic in this game...

If MegaMan (a pretty much dead franchise) can get in, I don't see why Sonic (a very alive franchise), being partners with Nintendo now, won't get in himself.

I'm severely sick of hearing people call Mega Man a dead franchise. Sonic went through this same phase not once, but twice,  and nobody called it a dead franchise. Besides, Capcom already hinted at a new title.

If anybody gets taken out, I hope it's Dedede (Severely underpowered) and Meta Knight (Severely overpowered). Snake too, I never really liked him. If Mewtwo replaces Lucario, I hope they just give him a reskin with Lucario's moveset. I didn't like Mewtwo that much in Melee. I hope Jigglypuff stays, but he needs to be a little stronger now. I think Sonic is definitely here to stay, given the recent partnership.

In terms of character recolors and alternate skins, I hope Mega Man can be colored like Proto Man and Megaman X (Similar to Link as Dark Link and Peach as Daisy).

Wait, Sonic went through a phase where the company cancelled all its games and no longer uses the IP and fucks with its fans? Where?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm severely sick of hearing people call Mega Man a dead franchise. Sonic went through this same phase not once, but twice,  and nobody called it a dead franchise. Besides, Capcom already hinted at a new title.

People are claiming Megaman to be dead because he is literally not getting games.  Sonic was always getting games, even when his games were rubbish.  A bunch of his games are being cancelled left and right a whilst it's true Sonic has had games cancelled before as well, not to this sort of extent.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wait, Sonic went through a phase where the company cancelled all its games and no longer uses the IP and fucks with its fans? Where?

I think he's talking about the times when Sonic X Treme was cancelled and of course, Sonic 06.

Still not over my HYPEness.

illust-modal.jpg

Can I also go on record and say that this is the greatest Mario render ever?

main.png

• Thumbs Up 3

screen-7.jpg

I'm sorry, but i can't stop laughing. Ahahahahahah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Legends 3 wasn't even greenlit when it was canceled. Nobody would have even known about it if it weren't for the Devroom experiment. Megaman Universe was canceled because Keiji Inafune left Capcom and started Comcept. As for Rockman Online, that wasn't even being developed by Capcom, it was being done by a Korean company that had to cancel because they went out of business. So in reality, you should only know about two of those, and neither could be helped.

I believe Sonic went through a drought between 1996 and 1999, correct me if I'm wrong. Oh yeah, Metroid did the same thing from 1992 - 2003.(ish). Honestly, I would rather Mega Man have no new titles than suffer what Sonic went through between 2005 - 2010.

One playable character I would really like to see is Takamaru from Nazo no Murasame Jo. You know, the samurai game on the Famicom, only released in Japan? "Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen" in Brawl? Yeah, that one.

Does anybody think Stafy has a chance of making it in?

I really want to see Starfy but I doubt he will appear as a playable since he's not very relevant nowadays. The last game he had came out in 2008 (2009 in the US and Australia). Who knows? If he does return as an Assist Trophy I hope they make him a lot stronger!

I'm severely sick of hearing people call Mega Man a dead franchise. Sonic went through this same phase not once, but twice,  and nobody called it a dead franchise.

I am pretty sure that I have several times called Sonic a dying series.

If anybody gets taken out, I hope it's Dedede (Severely underpowered)

And now you're on my enemies for life list. No one messes with the De-3.

(being underpowered is a shit reason to remove a character anyway, since they can just...make him better)

• Thumbs Up 1