Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Casual reminder that if you're having a hard time choosing who to vote for because they're either too out there or they're already in the game in some form, vote Isaac ;D Whose life as an Assist Trophy was cruelly taken from him and has practically no other rep in the game.. it's very sad so vote to make his day happier and stuff.

Also, now that "DLC" being a thing has actually been confirmed I'm pretty confident Wolf will be back and I'm even more confident that the vote will prioritise Newcomers over Veterans in the ballot. I know making Veterans is easier, but Nintendo wouldn't do a vote like this if they weren't trying to make it new and exciting. I'm pretty sure there is a HUGE chance of there being at least one Newcomer before Smash 4 DLC comes to an end.

Right now my estimate for upcoming DLC that's unannounced is;

• Wolf
  • Ice Climbers
  • Ballot-chosen Newcomer

Oh yeah and I'm also pretty sure that Ice Climbers are fine. Why do I say that?

Ice Climbers weren't cut because they "wouldn't work" on 3DS, they were removed because there were worries working them in would hurt their tight schedule. I'm pretty sure that with less deadlines to meet and a little more freedom, Ice Climbers can be made to work on 3DS and released as DLC. They deserve to be more than anyone and I'm never giving up hope for them.

And yeah, Ice Climbers, not Popo with Nana as an assist, Ice Climbers. If they aren't Ice Climbers, they lose the whole reason people love playing as them in the first place, it's that simple. That's probably the main reason they weren't cut down to Popo in the first place.

EDIT: And oh yeah Stage DLC is still really important. I think they may actually be working on it because they didn't mention the Miiverse stage. Next time they mention it they may well mention they're working on other stages at the same time.

I'm mindblown that they dragged Sakurai into this haha, poor guy. I hope they let his team do most of the work so he can take a break.

I don't think they dragged Sakurai into this. If anything, they probably planned to do it either way, and Sakurai was like "well I can't let them do it with out me" and begrudgingly stuck around. Sakurai BETTER sit back and take a bit of a breather.

Oh, they didn't announce Miiverse? Weird. I was too hype for character DLC and I missed that part. Yeah, stage DLC is definitely happening too, but character DLC is the bigger hype, so they focused more on that.

I voted for K. Rool on my PC and Isaac on my phone. Looking forward to see Nintendo #BringBackKRool, as well as a bright and shining #GoldenSunday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given that Nintendo are going to be getting a pretty huge diversity of characters through the ballot, it'd be nice if they'd put in some of the less popular or practical ones as trophies or Assists or something else less ambitious than a full playable character.  Because honestly I don't see us getting more than three ballot characters in the long run, at best.  Maybe plus some clones; I don't imagine the Cat Mario example from the trailer would end up significantly different to Mario and Dr., for example.  And for veterans then the data from Brawl would give them a lift...

As for who'll actually end up getting in aside from who I want in, they'll probably want the ballot picks to be characters popular in both the west and Japan, and the question is whether they'll go for the obvious choices or some of the more out-there ones.  I don't know how hyped Japan would be for K. Rool, for example, but he'd represent a pretty good "fan vote" pick, while Isaac would be more conventional as someone who probably had a good chance of getting in anyway.  Veterans and Inklings seem like shoo-ins.  As for all the third-party nominations, the most natural seems like Shantae and I'm sure WayForward would do anything to make it work...

• Thumbs Up 2

welp.....Shantae got my vote and personally they have so much to work with with Shantae it's not even funny. I would have went for Patricia Wagon but it seems as though Shantae is one of the more popular Wayforward characters next to shovel knight

welp.....Shantae got my vote and personally they have so much to work with with Shantae it's not even funny. I would have went for Patricia Wagon but it seems as though Shantae is one of the more popular Wayforward characters next to shovel knight

Shovel Knight's not Wayforward.

He's also who you should all be voting for. 

FOR JUSTICE. IN SPADES. 

Honestly, I think Wolf is already in progress, and they are saving him for E3, to go along with the full Star Fox U reveal and release date

And in regards to the vote DLC character, I think we may get 2-3, with the first being announced at E3, because A) this thing lasts 6 months and B) Lucas comes out in June(which also makes me think the Wolf reveal is more likely too)
By spreading it out they can gage the votes better, start development earlier, start prototype work on the other front runners, thus speeding up release. Add to that by announcing the first one at E3 they create a bigger hype, and assure the fans that they are being listened too, allow fans to vote for more than just one of their favorite characters, and would allow them to show some of the current top rankings. A Campaign like this requires awareness to be effective, and in order to do that you need to be able to support not just one group of fans, but many of them, and more characters makes that easier to achieve

I wonder what voice Mewtwo will have? Since it turns into Mega Y I think it might be the girl voice. I didn't hear it's voice in the Direct, I don't think.

I heard his "Hmmhh.." and his "hahaha" taunts I'm pretty sure it's the same voices from Melee?

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched the trailer again just now in high quality and while it may be my imagination I think I heard one of his Melee voice clips.

https://youtu.be/WvbwZYV7W0Q

Especially at around 2:40. Like I said not totally sure but you can vaguely make out what sound like Melee voice clips throughout.

I have a feeling Wonder Red and a Inkling from Splatoon are fighters in the works, largely for the purpose of pushing/supporting more Wii U exclusive IPs (of which there aren't any outside of maybe Xenoblade via Shulk).

Wolf I can see being recycled from Brawl a la Lucas. Snake too, but the current turmoil between Konami and Kojima makes me doubt this.
Given how long people have been requesting for him to be included and his popularity in the DK fanbase, I could see King K. Rool making the cut.

Bayonetta would be an interesting choice, but unlikely to get in due to Nintendo having to go through Sega as well as Platinum (I find this more of a stumbling block than her originating game and her character design / nature interfering with the rating; Snake got in despite originating from a broadly mature series and Zero Suit Samus has quite a bit of skimpy outfits for a E 10+ rated game).

I personally voted for Rayman, as I feel he's the most likely third-party candidate if guest fighters are still being considered. Still bitter over that fake leak (that at the very least showed there was demand/interest over the possibility of him being playable), and I bet he totally would had got in as a guest fighter from the beginning had Ubisoft not pulled the multiplatform delay BS with Rayman Legends.

ibsPgOcOKhwDfK.gif

Go Rayman go!

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah I don't have much hope, but I had to put my vote on Wonder-Red. I just see him as a perfect character for a game like this and its a more recent franchise. Besides I think the game was great and could use a little more exposure.

I will get Mewtwo when its out but I do think 4 euros for just one fighter is a little bit too much, especially when compared to other dlc's Nintendo has released.

So all me an odd ball but I voted for Kamek as a Yoshi series rep on one of my phones. Honestly the Yoshi series need more reps

on my other phone  I went alittle rebel and voted for Kaptain K.Rool. Still K.Rool none the less but I loved his Kaptain disguise the best.

I'm going to vote for Paper Mario on my laptop and probably vote again for K.Rool on my pc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm voting for Simon Belmont due to him potentially being creative.

I do want to see Snake return and I'd main him on the spot. And an odd choice I do wanna see is Kamui from FE:IF just because I like their designs and they would be doing the same thing Roy did in Melee, debuting before their game comes out. Though by then it would be out in Japan so it would only count for the West.

And Issac just to see JIN happy

So all me an odd ball but I voted for Kamek as a Yoshi series rep on one of my phones. Honestly the Yoshi series need more reps

on my other phone  I went alittle rebel and voted for Kaptain K.Rool. Still K.Rool none the less but I loved his Kaptain disguise the best.

I'm going to vote for Paper Mario on my laptop and probably vote again for K.Rool on my pc. 

The ideal K.Rool would integrate all versions for the best moveset, having his various alter egos as alts, and I believe (and we all hope) that a vote for any version of K.Rool is a vote for K.Rool period!

And I keep forgetting, but Wonder Red would be cool, not sure if I'll have the chance to vote for him though

• Thumbs Up 1

I voted Wolf.

Yeah I could do Vegeta's grandpa's pikachu's favorite anime character: Rurouni Kenshinchu or some other obscure bullshit, but honestly Wolf is the character I miss that was cut. Not sure if it'll be a popular enough opinion for people to spend their vote on, but I'm hoping maybe there's a chance as there was with Lucas returning. He was just an awesome character, making a Star Fox heavy fighter, which in turn created a pretty average speed power hitter due to the speedy nature of Star Fox Smash characters. Wouldn't even care if he was directly ported over with no new thought lmao.

Will probably vote more later if they count, maybe multiple for Wolf, but would also really love to see Shovel Knight at least. He's a great representation of how far the indie scene has come, going toe to toe with the big guns nowadays

• Thumbs Up 1

I voted for K. Rool like 5 times lol. Considered voting for Inklings but I can't abandon the king

edit: also, for those wondering how many characters there are going to be: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583401891117170688

"Due to the large production costs, I don't think we'll be able to make too many, but we will do our best to make as many as possible."

Expect >1, probably somewhere around 3-5 I guess

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who thinks lucus looks weird?. Something is odd about him.

Maybe I'm just used to realistic look of brawl lucus

RSlXTup.png

......he looks creepy too

Let's bring snake back.

He also actually posted those Tweets in English which is interesting bc his Twitter is usually JP only.

156bd929947a2deadd62e67f328631dc.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think six is the magic number

Mewtwo and Lucas being the first two

another veteran released around Christmas from the poll from now till about E3

the other three are released next year with the top three being taken from the ballot

You know I have to say, if Miiverse is getting a stage in Smash U, Smash 3DS should get a DS or something as a stage. Actually fighting on a DS, or on the Home screen. Mii Plaza is probably the most likely idea though.

He also actually posted those Tweets in English which is interesting bc his Twitter is usually JP only.

I expect 1 character to be chosen from the ballot on top of already decided veteran DLC (I'm still pretty sure Wolf is coming), but if we're lucky we could get a couple more.

Not gonna lie, I think an NES-ish Simon Belmont with a fixed jump arc and everything would be interesting, even cool.

But I voted for Rayman anyway. A guy with detached limbs could make for some pretty inventive combat.

So more fighters other than Mewtwo and Lucas are on the way as confirmed? I am sure I knew this would be the case, but seeing an official confirmation is great! I can see Wolf being one of those fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well not 100% confirmed but the official Fighters Ballot highly highly implies that they are gonna continue making DLC charas and possibly even heavily requested ones.

So even if they haven't explicitly said "we'll make more after Lucas", the ballot shows they have a real intention of doing so and it's a pretty safe bet that they will make at least one more besides Lucas, probably more.

I think ~5 is also a good guess. I'm currently guessing we'll get 4 minimum including Mewtwo/Lucas.