Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I want enough so that it puts the total roster number up to a number that ends in either a 5 or a 0, or results in a perfect character select square.

Because OCD

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 9

Yeah I think 6 is also pretty reasonable.

However I'm not gonna get my hopes too high and also kinda because I still think Stages are more important and I would like if they gave them some focus too.. I know characters are more popular though. For now my guess is 4.

EDIT: Also what Indi said is genuinely pretty important to me.

• Thumbs Up 6

im actually only expecting one more. I dont really see anymore characters coming in other than the one from the ballot.

I just hope that one more can be rayman.

im actually only expecting one more. I dont really see anymore characters coming in other than the one from the ballot.

I just hope that one more can be rayman.

My guess is one more guest character and one or two (or three, if I'm being extremely optimistic) newcomers. Wolf is the only remaining veteran I can see coming back, but it could go either way for him

I also think Snake's chances of returning, if they weren't zero before, are even less so now due to Kojima

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I think 6 is also pretty reasonable.

However I'm not gonna get my hopes too high and also kinda because I still think Stages are more important and I would like if they gave them some focus too.. I know characters are more popular though. For now my guess is 4.

EDIT: Also what Indi said is genuinely pretty important to me.

Quick question: didn't they say during the Direct that the ballot may also influence who ends up in future Smash games? I swear I remember hearing something like that but I was kind of distracted at that point of the presentation, so yeah. I still think the ballot will be used in the near future for Sm4sh DLC tho'.

Anyway, I'd honestly be fine with just a handful of completely new characters within the next couple years (I'll be shocked if we don't get the Inklings at the very least) along with Wolf. As cool as new characters'll be, and as hyped over my son Lucas as I am, I'm admittedly more interested in whether or not we'll see new stages other than the Miiverse one...I'm assuming new stages aren't very likely tho', aside from, I'm sure, new characters from previously unrepresented franchises getting a home stage. Maybe some stages from previous games, too.

Oh man, New Pork City is totally gonna return isn't it? It'll be perfect(ish) for 8-Player Smash and there's always the Ω Stage option, but it would be nice if they changed it's design a bit...I can dream, okay? ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see Splatoon girl/boy getting in just to advertise the new game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty sure the ballot is for Smash DLC, Sakurai's tweets heavily imply that too.

I hope they make enough characters that they can't be fit on one page, so you have to click a little arrow to go to a separate screen with one character on it.

And they'll be sitting slightly left of the center. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Quick question: didn't they say during the Direct that the ballot may also influence who ends up in future Smash games? I swear I remember hearing something like that but I was kind of distracted at that point of the presentation, so yeah. I still think the ballot will be used in the near future for Sm4sh DLC tho'.

Anyway, I'd honestly be fine with just a handful of completely new characters within the next couple years (I'll be shocked if we don't get the Inklings at the very least) along with Wolf. As cool as new characters'll be, and as hyped over my son Lucas as I am, I'm admittedly more interested in whether or not we'll see new stages other than the Miiverse one...I'm assuming new stages aren't very likely tho', aside from, I'm sure, new characters from previously unrepresented franchises getting a home stage. Maybe some stages from previous games, too.

Oh man, New Pork City is totally gonna return isn't it? It'll be perfect(ish) for 8-Player Smash and there's always the Ω Stage option, but it would be nice if they changed it's design a bit...I can dream, okay? ;_;

Nintendo seems to be determined to make Smash Bros. and MK8 a console life-long platform on their own. Steadily producing DLC for the two games is the best way to do that.

Especially if they adhere (within reason) to fan requests - it demonstrates the community's voice is in fact being heard by the higher ups and are being rewarded for it, compelling them to spend money, which rewards Nintendo and compels to keep up with the DLC, and the cycle continues onward.

I wouldn't be surprised to see around 4 DLC characters as we go on, perhaps even more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly The Wii probably would have turned out like this if it wasn't for the 512MB Hard Drive.

You guys we need to stop voting for obscure characters and focus on the ones everybody wants, or else this'll just be a divided vote

which is why you all need to vote for Chibi-Robo right NOW

• Thumbs Up 3

Smash Ballot is running until October. If they only wanted to pick one or two choices from fan favourites they'd only have to run it til, say, the end of the month.

I think it's pretty clear they're in it for a longer haul, though it's anyone's guess what that means when it took 6 months to balance Mewtwo out. I'm expecting 3-4 more characters, absolute minimum.

• Thumbs Up 1

so i was thinking of someone to vote for, i know i can dream but... how about.......

lilac___art_by_feliciaval_by_spacemanstr

Smash Ballot is running until October. If they only wanted to pick one or two choices from fan favourites they'd only have to run it til, say, the end of the month.

I think it's pretty clear they're in it for a longer haul, though it's anyone's guess what that means when it took 6 months to balance Mewtwo out. I'm expecting 3-4 more characters, absolute minimum.

so i was thinking of someone to vote for, i know i can dream but... how about.......

lilac___art_by_feliciaval_by_spacemanstr

If the Sonic series gets a costume in wave 2, who would you want to represent? I'm thinking Knuckles or Eggman would be the best choices, and would be assigned to the fighter Mii obviously.

Perhaps a series that isn't already repped in Smash could get in as a Mii costume? Ice Climbers? Wonderful 101? Bayonetta even? (What if Konami allowed a Snake costume, but not Snake lol) As for already repped franchises, I think Kid Icarus is a likely choice for wave 2, given the popularity of that series.

Also would have been nice to see female costumes like Zelda or Roll for the girls this time around, but nothing to cry about I guess since what we're getting is pretty awesome still.

I want a Shadow costume.

I highly highly HIGHLY doubt Shadow would become playable, so a costume at least would be nice. ;-;

Ok, since the guys over on smash boards put this together, I'm doing it

#KrocTheVote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AWTDWuAdsXE