Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Another Mario princess though? There'll be as many princesses in Smash Bros as there are swordsman soon lol.

There'll be as many princesses in Smash Bros as there are swordsman soon lol.

So what you're saying is, things will be as they should be B)

• Thumbs Up 2

Daisy is my favorite Nintendo princess, but I'm not sure what they could do with her. Peach already has the Mario sports stuff in her moveset. An actual Daisy skin for Peach would be nice. As in with voice and everything.

Edit: Annnd... I think I've hit the low-point. I just went to the German site, used a nickname my sister uses online, said I was an 11 year old girl and talked about how "I" played Golden Sun on the Wii U and how cool Isaac and the Djinns are... [emoji53]

• Thumbs Up 7

Shovel Knight's not Wayforward.

He's also who you should all be voting for. 

FOR JUSTICE. IN SPADES. 

Oh yeah you're right, I totally forget, sorry about that

I'm sorry but Shantae had a special place in my heart before Shovel Knight. I wouldn't mind seeing either or tho, I won't complain XD

I prefer Shovel Knight to Shantae, but honestly I think Shovel Knight is too new.  If there's a third-party indie pick then I think it should be someone with a more established presence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its looks right now that the most populars characters are Bayonetta, Shantae and Shovel Knight. WayFoward and YachtClubGames have already invited their fans to vote for their characters, nothing from PG. Shovel Knight could be a good choice, because he didn't get a cross-over on the Nintendo consoles instead of the others. (Kratos on PS4 and Battle toads on XBOX ONE)

I also voted for Shantae. My reasoning was that the games give her a lot of Options in her moveset, said moves, her hair Whip in particular, would make her an really interesting character for fans and non-fans alike and she would be a representative of the long lasting, great relationship between Indies and Nintendo.

Now I just hope they actually read the reasoning..

I prefer Shovel Knight to Shantae, but honestly I think Shovel Knight is too new.  If there's a third-party indie pick then I think it should be someone with a more established presence.

Daisy my favorite Nintendo princess, but I'm not sure what they could do with her. Peach already has the Mario sports stuff in her moveset. An actual Daisy skin for Peach would be nice. As in with voice and everything.

Edit: Annnd... I think I've hit the low-point. I just went to the German site, used a nickname my sister uses online, said I was an 11 year old girl and talked about how "I" played Golden Sun on the Wii U and how cool Isaac and the Djinns are... [emoji53]

• Thumbs Up 1

Daisy could always work if her move set revolved around the Strikers games, what with the CRYSTAL ARMS OF DESTRUCTION

Daisy is my favorite Nintendo princess, but I'm not sure what they could do with her. Peach already has the Mario sports stuff in her moveset. An actual Daisy skin for Peach would be nice. As in with voice and everything.

She's already a skin for Peach.  She's been one since Melee

Melee gave Peach a darker skin tone to make her look like Daisy, but Brawl and 4 gave her just the orange hair and dress.

Not to mention Peach and Daisy have different facial features and accessories similar to the male and female Robins.

I'm the last person who would vote for a DLC Daisy character, but an alt is just fine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who did I vote for? Guess.

No I'm dead serious I voted for Anthony. I think of all the franchises in Smash Metroid is the most deserving of a new playable fighter. With Ridley and Dark Samus out of the question I could think of no better option than Anthony Higgs (would of settled with Adam, but I like Anthony more).

Smash more or less keeps away from characters whose permanent death was a plot point when considering playable characters. Bowser and Ganon in Smash is fine because they keep coming back for more in their games despite the odds, and Ness is fine because Mother 3 took place a millennium after Earthbound so time travel excuse, but Adam in Smash undermines the finality of his death.

The two big Metroid candidates as of right now would be Anthony and Ridley, and one of them is already in Smash in another way what the fuck is a sylux

Anthony's sheer lack of significance when it comes to the Metroid franchise as a whole makes me question his inclusion. 

I think Metroid's focus on isolation makes finding reps for the series difficult. Samus and Ridley really are the series only major, reoccurring characters. I'm guessing we'll just be stuck with Samus for a while, and to be honest until Metroid gets more popular or recurring characters that's probably for the best.

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly the only answer is to have Kraid playable instead.

But yeah I fully agree with Wraith, characters are not Metroid's strong point, it's one person against the universe which has more to do with Metroid's lack of Smash rep than anything else.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly with how much it's stressed that creating a new fighter takes a ton of manpower, I don't think any of us should expect any more than 3, let alone 5 new characters.

If anything, I think we're getting Wolf and MAYBE Ice Climbers back.

And then the ballot character sometime after the ballot is closed. With Mewtwo and Lucas, that's already 5 characters right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's already a skin for Peach. She's been one since Melee

That's an alternate color. I was talking full on alternate character like Alph.

Smash more or less keeps away from characters whose permanent death was a plot point when considering playable characters. Bowser and Ganon in Smash is fine because they keep coming back for more in their games despite the odds, and Ness is fine because Mother 3 took place a millennium after Earthbound so time travel excuse, but Adam in Smash undermines the finality of his death.

I honestly don't think that's a criteria Sakurai or anyone really thought of.

Though, I don't want Adam any way. Other M ruined him for me. After Fusion I pictured him as this cool, relaxed guy and all we got was a generic army dick.

• Thumbs Up 6

Honestly with how much it's stressed that creating a new fighter takes a ton of manpower, I don't think any of us should expect any more than 3, let alone 5 new characters.

If anything, I think we're getting Wolf and MAYBE Ice Climbers back.

And then the ballot character sometime after the ballot is closed. With Mewtwo and Lucas, that's already 5 characters right there.

They would be a unique pick, I wouldn't mind them getting in. Unfortunately I think a lot of people forgot about them or just prefer other characters over them.

Shantae? Ha!

Wonder Red? Ha!

Even Shovel Knight? Ha!

05jctkx.png?1

RE-ORGANISE YOUR PRIORITIES FOLKS.