Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I guess that might be the case. I mean, there was the whole Chorus Men rumor before, right?

Best to keep in mind that of course Microsoft and Sony would be ok with free marketing, guys :P Nintendo would unfortunately get absolutely nothing out of a partnership like that.

That's a large part of the reason Snake didn't return, Nintendo didn't even approach Konami to ask about it, and Sakurai outright stated that Snake was never considered for SSB4.

EDIT: this guy put it better than I did.

Best to keep in mind that of course Microsoft and Sony would be ok with free marketing, guys :PNintendo would unfortunately get absolutely nothing out of a partnership like that.

Best to keep in mind that of course Microsoft and Sony would be ok with free marketing, guys [emoji14] Nintendo would unfortunately get absolutely nothing out of a partnership like that.

I'm hearing rumbles that the NOA FB Page ruled out third parties, actually.

...historically, Banjo was second party. Full steam ahead. 

Banjo-Kazooie doesn't even sell enough on Xbox to get MS to continue investing in the franchise and I assure you the amount of people who care so much about Banjo that they'd buy a Wii U for it and don't already have a Wii U is extremely minimal.

I'm not joking when I say King K. Rool is a much better idea for Nintendo themselves hahaha.

Smash has a huge habit of getting people into other series', so if Nintendo really fancy a bunch of their players going out and buying 360s then maybe? Yeah? MS will get far more money out of this in the long term than Nintendo, Wii U's sales just aren't high enough for Smash Bros. dlc to make more money than MS would inevitably make from a deal like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone confirm this?

Third party characters were never horribly likely, but this might actually get people to refocus their votes.

Then again, the ballot does say to vote for a video-game character, not specifying Nintendo.

You know there also is a 3DS version right?

And now that you mention it that reminds me of why Nintendo handhelds stopped getting Banjo games in the first place, for reasons similar to the ones I just mentioned.

Banjo being on Smash Bros is comparable to Nathan Drake being in Smash Bros. Sure it'd be a shocking and popular move but ultimately, to Nintendo, it's just advertisement for their opponent.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe no one wants goku or ridley

come on make the jokes a reality

I didn't even bother voting for Ridley because I know Sakurai would just go "lmao he's a boss we can't now" 

I don't ever expect Ridley in Smash unless he gets redesigned.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the "Gematsu leak." Interestingly, I remember datamining finding evidence that there was going to be some form of Rhythm Heaven representation in the game, as well as a possible Dr. Mario stage.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/smash-4-wii-u-data-discoveries/

Exactly! I just figured out of all possible characters, and my 'dream-but-know-it'll-never-happen' characters too, Marshal made the most sense.

Plus, it'd be easy to have the rights to them, no?

And now that you mention it that reminds me of why Nintendo handhelds stopped getting Banjo games in the first place, for reasons similar to the ones I just mentioned.

Banjo being on Smash Bros is comparable to Nathan Drake being in Smash Bros. Sure it'd be a shocking and popular move but ultimately, to Nintendo, it's just advertisement for their opponent.

I'm pretty sure the reason Rare stopped making games for Nintendo handhelds was because the team was let go.

However we did get a Viva Pinata in that time, which is also advertising for that franchise which MS was really pushing at the time.

I'd love to see Marshal or Chorus Kids too but honestly what I really want is a Rhythm Heaven stage. It's such a shame we didn't get one :(

Considering Ridley's role in all Metroid games since 2000 is 90% marketing and 10% plot relevance (I went there) this could genuinely happen for the specific reason of getting Ridley into Smash Bros..

@Marcello: Yeah you're right, it was bc the team was let go. However I remember hearing that was a reason Banjo and Conker were removed from Diddy Kong Racing DS.

• Thumbs Up 3

...historically, Banjo was second party. Full steam ahead. 

If they won't consider Third Party characters, I think they would had said on the voting page that they won't accept any. They haven't though, so it's still fair game.

I'd love to see Marshal or Chorus Kids too but honestly what I really want is a Rhythm Heaven stage. It's such a shame we didn't get one :(

Considering Ridley's role in all Metroid games since 2000 is 90% marketing and 10% plot relevance (I went there) this could genuinely happen for the specific reason of getting Ridley into Smash Bros..

Marshal obviously would need a home stage too. o wo

Seriously though I feel 90% of the reason I want some RH rep is the music. XD So even if it was just a stage, I'd be happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't even bother voting for Ridley because I know Sakurai would just go "lmao he's a boss we can't now" 

That's quitter talk

• Thumbs Up 1

Tr6Tfqt.png

The only reasonable choice.

There's also a poll making the rounds asking people who they voted. I can't find the actual poll, just this cap of the results.

cmB6EUB.png

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone finds a link to that poll please let me know or post it here, I'd love to add to it.

I'm really happy that Isaac's made it so high in this limited poll alone ^^

EDIT: Also Ridley's lower than I expected, did people really give up on him?

• Thumbs Up 1

>Shadow so low.

The internet continues to disappoint me.

Its nice to see Shovel Knight so supported though...and Other, who the hell is Other?