Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Kind of sad at how far down Shantae is, guess I shouldn't be surprised though, I think I am following too many Shantae fans on tumblr or something coz she's definitely had the most call to action posts of all the characters I've seen so far.

I find it so boring and unimaginative that so many people are wasting their votes on veteran clones though.  Like I get it but... I dunno.

Still, King K. Rool... ugh I'll never get it.  He's such an unappealing character design.  I'm kind of amazed so many people have nostalgia for him considering how brutal the DKC games are.  I don't think I'd have the patience to finish them even as an adult.

• Thumbs Up 5

He's the closest thing to a main villain Donkey Kong has, so it's understandable at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shovel Knight being at the top legitimately surprised me. I'm so happy. Would definitely main him and nobody else if they ever end up doing him(sorry lucina).

I just realized that the ballot is running to October. Probably getting the ballot character next fall.

So far, the high suggestions I would be interested in are Rayman and the inklings.

I guess wonder red would be cool too.

Shovel Knight would fill my quote for an armored character, so I wouldn't be opposed to him getting in.

I'm mixed on Veteran votes. Ppl seem to be under the impression they can vote as many times as they like whereas I get the feeling only one vote is stored and I want that vote to be for Isaac so I won't vote anyone else.

If Nintendo made it clearer how many votes per IP were accepted we'd see a LOT less Veteran votes. Especially since I think most people (myself included) currently think Wolf's chances of returning regardless of Ballot are actually really good.

As for K. Rool it's probably bc DK is popular and also bc people want more classic/iconic Nintendo villains to be playable.

(he don't have psynergy doe...)

• Thumbs Up 2

He's the closest thing to a main villain Donkey Kong has, so it's understandable at least.

• Thumbs Up 6

I just realized that the ballot is running to October. Probably getting the ballot character next fall.

So far, the high suggestions I would be interested in are Rayman and the inklings.

I guess wonder red would be cool too.

EDIT: Also Ridley's lower than I expected, did people really give up on him?

• Thumbs Up 7

I guess it also depends on when they start making the ballot character. They may begin work on "obvious winners" earlier on in, and if nothing exciting happens by October maybe they'll just leave it at that.

On the other hand, if they are leaving it til the Ballot ends to even start making the character, it's likely that we won't get them until 2016.

mario.png

I was tempted to like this post at first but come on Solkia single-image posts aren't cool.

lol, Bo Jackson actually got a vote.

Him actually being in the game is not going to happen, but I would laugh so hard seeing him in Smash. To pay homage to his Super Tecmo Bowl past, he'd have to be the most broken character in the game.

I wouldn't be against Shovel Knight. I'd personally prefer Shantae, Bomberman or Layton when it comes to third party characters but Shovel Knight would be a good fit. I just don't think third party characters are happening. Maybe someday though, I'm sure western demand for him is really high.

can't mario be an exception

So we got Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Eggman AND Amy in that poll. GOOD TASTE ALL AROUND except for those who voted Knuckles COUGH NOTHING

Isaac being so high is beautiful. Also Shrek beat Sora how can this be

I love polls like this. They're always fun to look at. :D

Sora after Flash 2 is high up in my 3rd party request list. He's got a ton of potential and could easily fit in. Especially if they use 3D Sora.

Here's a link to the actual survey poll for anyone interested (powered by SurveyMonkey). It's a hot topic on the Smash Bros. reddit, so basically it's gonna get tons of votes and we should get a relatively decent idea of who the English-speaking fanbase is voting for on the ballot.

It's multiple-choice so whoever made this poll was under the impression you could make multiple entries on the ballot. That's also probably why there's such a bloody ridiculous level of joke suggestions there.

It's kinda funny how Roy has more votes than characters I'd expect have several thousand more chances in hell of coming back compared to him. And considering Lucina taking his spot as bad Marth I doubt he'll be back.

they should put him in the game anyway

• Thumbs Up 2

So we got Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, Eggman AND Amy in that poll. GOOD TASTE ALL AROUND except for those who voted Knuckles COUGH NOTHING

EY! Knuckles is going to win I swear! No he won't, even if he did somehow win, would he even be accepted?

Shovel Knight being first is kinda frightening to me, I mean, I wouldn't mind him but, seeing him at number one is weird. 

And Dixie Kong is at 2.78%, not good enough, but good. Same for Bandana Dee.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure most of the people voting for Roy are PM players lol

P:M doesn't even exist here. STILL, BY THE WAY. And I want Roy in.