Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I know what you are saying. I'm saying if Nintendo sees how many people still want him, they could change their stance. That happening is more likely than if there were any other problems

And for what it's worth, at the time the only recent MGS game was Twin Snakes, other games like MGS2 and 3 were skipped. Now the latest is MGS 3D, with MGS V being skipped. The situation hasn't changed all that much.

It's likely that Snake being in Smash was an attempt to improve Nintendo's relations with Konami. When it didn't have the desired effect at all, do you really think Nintendo would go for it again? All that's happened with Konami since Brawl is that they've improved relations with Microsoft and now mainseries MGS games are released are released on every system but Nintendo. The MGS situation with Nintendo is even worse than before, they genuinely can't advertise the series without attracting some people to every system besides theirs.

I really don't think third party characters are about how many people want them, they're about how they benefit Nintendo and their relation with other parties.

Master Chief is an extremely popular character and if he was in Smash Bros. he would probably sell amazingly and stuff but Nintendo wouldn't really benefit from that at all, other platforms would benefit more than Nintendo and the same could be said for Snake and Banjo.

• Thumbs Up 2

My thoughts exactly. Yeah, I think Snake could be possible. But I feel like if Nintendo was going to get another third-party character license, they'd do it for a character and franchise that are more heavily associated with Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

And remember, it was Kojima who ask Snake to be in Smash, not Konami.  Back when Smash 4 was announced, somebody asked Kojima on twitter if Snake could possibly return, and he said, if Sakurai ask me, i will give my approbation. But knowing the future of Metal Gear on Nintendo consoles, the chances are almost to zero. But Konami did release a 3DS theme  for Snake Eater, a few years after the game release, so you never know.

So... I voted for classic Sonic about 54 times, Tails about 49 times, and Steve from minecraft about 47... 

I wonder If I'm cheating....

Honestly I'm just happy Knuckles has more votes than Shadow more than anything else. :U I can think of five characters I'd prefer to make it in Smash over him.

I really doubt guest fighters would even be able to get more than one rep, especially over first/second-party characters and other highly-requested fighters. I think at the very least the top 20 characters is a good basis to see who are the most-requested characters.

I-disagree-with-you2.jpg

I will not be silenced.

And wow that's a lot for Shovel Knight.

Well, I mentioned voting for Mike Anderson in Falcon(mech suit), so since its the fad, here's my ballot

9p6iIL4.png

To clarify I'm voting for THIS

b_fali9bx4.gif'

considered voting for the female pilot in the Tornado suit, but I A) don't know what that one actually looks like, and she only appeared in the second game. And yes this is a Nintendo character, Intelligent Systems made the games, not a high chance of sucess, but you never know

you know I'm starting to wish that sakurai said like if the character had to be nintendo or not.

you know I'm starting to wish that sakurai said like if the character had to be nintendo or not.

Yeah I too wish they'd made a few rules clear like how many votes would be counted or whether third parties would be considered..

I guess they just really wanted people to just go nuts and be creative, no holds barred. And they figured the clearest, most common and sensible winners would be the ones worth looking at or something.

To be honest, I think they probably expected it to be self-explanatory...

If Sakurai or anyone from the team who planned this has ever browsed the Smash Bros. board on Miiverse they'd probably have quickly realised that Smash Bros. fans are not reasonable D:

• Thumbs Up 5

I'mma gonna vote Isaac for sure! I've never played Golden Sun but I think it's a disgrace that there's no Golden Sun rep anywhere to be found in Smash 4 besides some music. His design is cool too and I think his move set has a lot of potential.

And forget about Snake returning guys. It's unlikely he'll ever return in Smash again. =/

• Thumbs Up 3

It's all up to Nintendo really, but considering Konami hasn't released a single bloody MGS game on a Nintendo console except for the mediocre 3DS port of Snake Eater I doubt they'd want a third party character who has hardly any history with Nintendo to appear in Smash again.

"pls get Snake in Smash brobs before Kojima leaves and metul geer becomz nothin moar than a corporate empty shell of its former self"

- Konami.

Thinking about that, if the "3 exclusive Sonic WiiU games deal" have not existed... :-/

Thinking about that, if the "3 exclusive Sonic WiiU games deal" have not existed... :-/

Sonic probably would've still been in because they probably foresaw the disappointment from a great deal of fans if he hadn't made the cut.

Not to say people don't miss Snake, but Nintendo probably got a lot less backlash from him not being in Sm4sh than they would for not having Sonic in.

Well the smashbros site says "favorite video-game character" and the nintendo FB page says "nintendo character"

so.................what are they going to do about this

I don't think we're limited to just Nintendo characters. As people have said, the actual ballot says "video-game character." 

The Nintendo Facebook page exists for promotional purposes, and gushing about Nintendo all the time. It makes sense that they'd say 'Nintendo character,' because Nintendo is all they talk about there. Plus, I think such an important rule would've been stated on the official site, because they have to know that not everyone is going to read their social media, right?

With that said, third party characters are probably treated as much lower priority suggestions, so people are gonna have to prove that they really want them. 

An Inkling would be the most realistic choice, and I'd love to see it happen, anyway.

Honestly, I can't think of another Nintendo-specific franchise that I enjoy that needs a rep. All my favorites are in: From Nintendo, I've got the Mario cast, and now the Villager (very pleased about this, and I main him/her now). Sonic's in too, so that base is covered. Fox is in, Pokemon reps are in... The other games I adored growing up are all non-Nintendo to the point where I'm not sure there would be much point in wasting the effort to vote for them. Stuff like Bub (Bubble Bobble), Klonoa (from his respective series), etcetc. Banjo? I loved Banjo-Kazooie, but I never really pictured him being in a Smash game. I always wanted Sonic in, but that idea felt natural to me given the two mascots' long standing rivalry.

I can't think of anything. Mewtwo is cool, and is unique enough that I peronsally feel he'll end up being a good addition to the roster. Lucas always seemed... too clone-ish for my tastes, and I didn't particularly miss him after he was cut. No disrespect to Lucas fans, of course; I just didn't see the point.  I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he had never made it back.

I think, more than new characters, I'd much rather see more brand new, original stages. I'm satisfied with the character lineup at this point, unless they can introduce new characters that are built around unique and interesting ways to play, such as Little Mac, the Villager, and so on and so forth.

An Inkling would be the most realistic choice, and I'd love to see it happen, anyway.

Honestly, I can't think of another Nintendo-specific franchise that I enjoy that needs a rep. All my favorites are in: From Nintendo, I've got the Mario cast, and now the Villager (very pleased about this, and I main him/her now). Sonic's in too, so that base is covered. Fox is in, Pokemon reps are in... The other games I adored growing up are all non-Nintendo to the point where I'm not sure there would be much point in wasting the effort to vote for them. Stuff like Bub (Bubble Bobble), Klonoa (from his respective series), etcetc. Banjo? I loved Banjo-Kazooie, but I never really pictured him being in a Smash game. I always wanted Sonic in, but that idea felt natural to me given the two mascots' long standing rivalry.

I can't think of anything. Mewtwo is cool, and is unique enough that I peronsally feel he'll end up being a good addition to the roster. Lucas always seemed... too clone-ish for my tastes, and I didn't particularly miss him after he was cut. No disrespect to Lucas fans, of course; I just didn't see the point.  I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he had never made it back.

I think, more than new characters, I'd much rather see more brand new, original stages. I'm satisfied with the character lineup at this point, unless they can introduce new characters that are built around unique and interesting ways to play, such as Little Mac, the Villager, and so on and so forth.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Lucas wasn't already revealed, I would've 100% voted for him and nothing but.

Buuuuuuuut since he is in..., I'm not really sure who to vote for.

Isaac from Golden Sun was an interesting choice since he was an assist trophy. That and the girl who was his VA in Brawl sounded super adorable. If he does get in, I hope it's his youngest appearance from Golden Sun though, because the older one sort of makes me lose interest design-wise.

I also considered Roy because people like him and stuff.

But by far the one that deserved my vote was Wolf. Obviously if Lucas was announced, it wouldn't be fair for Wolf mains to be left out of the loop.

I mean, Lucas and Wolf like aren't even close to being clones as much as these guys:

[spoiler for Image spam]

468px-T_Link_timeline.jpg

300px-Ganondorf_SSB4.png 250px-Lucina_SSB4.png Dark_Pit_SSB4.png

They even have the same animations for most of their attacks.