Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Shantae's games weren't released in Japan either, to my knowledge, hence why she's also not on that list.

Shantae didn't, Risky's Revenge did on Steam I think, Pirate's Curse didn't, and Half-Genie Hero might, I dunno.

Ohh right, I didnt know the Shantae games hadn't been released in Japan either. I think even if she did appear though, the Japanese wouldn't mind so much because her design is really appealing (if you know what I mean). =P

Japan has their icons games just as we have ours.

For instance, ya'll did saw on the JP Kotaku chart that they had Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari protagonist Arle Nadja on their right? She's a SEGA icon that barely at all has been seen in the west except for like one or two games compared to the 20 that Japan got. 

Matter of fact, just like with Panel De Pon becoming Yoshi cookies over here, Puyo Puyo became Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche over here, You can ask a lot of American SEGA fans who Arle is and they wouldn't know, but gurenteed that a Japanese person definitely would cause her games are mostly Japan in mind.

I gotta say, I didn't know that little Mac is kinda low key to Japanese players, I guess same said about us and Fire Emblem back in Melee.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I'll just suggest why I think K.Rool is so popular.

First. Sure, he's not much a looker, but then again not everyone in this game is Made to be much a looker. Sure, by now some of their designs are iconic, as is K.Rool's.

Second, it is quite obvious that aside from Ganondorf and the occasional 'Bowsergotserious,' K.Rool literally wants the Kongs either locked away or dead. That's some serious stuff, IMO.

Third, The moveset potential. Say what you want, he has plenty of places to pull moves from. Heck, as one person pointed out, you could literally take only his stuff from DKC2, and it'd be complete. I do recall Sakurai stating that this was a factor at one point...

Fourth, he still has fans. Something obviously is right when more people recall and like him more then the one-off Tikis and the potentially returning but you can't really be sure Snowmads.

Really, it's all up to you how you feel. I mean, I know someone who can't stand the idea of Issac in Smash, and I'm sure you GS fans would highly disagree.

• Thumbs Up 2

For those wary about the impact of a fan poll.

sonic_071010c-l.jpg

He made it in Brawl purely through a fan poll in Japan. Had that poll not happened, the game likely would not have been delayed like it did. These polls do have some merit.

That Japanese poll that was shown earlier had more parts to it. A small amount of people wanted Werehog Sonic, for example. Although you may have already seen that, I don't know. XP

Shantae didn't, Risky's Revenge did on Steam I think, Pirate's Curse didn't, and Half-Genie Hero might, I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those wary about the impact of a fan poll.sonic_071010c-l.jpgHe made it in Brawl purely through a fan poll in Japan. Had that poll not happened, the game likely would not have been delayed like it did. These polls do have some merit.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, has anyone thought of some alternate costumes for the character they want?

I want this guy above all else:

Jv9qns7.png

And his games have provided some neat alts.

KAbenlD.png

Can't think of 8 of them exactly but these would be good picks.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point I think Sonic's legacy proceeds itself enough to be important enough to be considered for Smash. It's gotten to the point where it would feel wrong if he wasn't included in future instalments, and I feel Mega Man will continue the same trend.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not sure if Sonic being chosen for Brawl was due to a Japanese poll or just common sense to be honest. It said "the most anticipated character makes his Smash debut" and it was probably true around the world rather than just Japan. Out of every guest character people ever wanted for Smash there had always been one obvious choice and that resonated in pretty much every region Sonic had ever been relevant.

I agree that if Sonic misses out on a Smash game now it'll feel "wrong". If Mega Man and Pac-Man are in the next one then I'd consider them regulars too, they belong in Smash imo so it'd feel weird if one of them left next time, like the guest roster was just incomplete.

I think Pac-Man will have no problem getting back into Smash though, Nintendo collab with Namco relatively often and probably will continue to on and off, that and Pac-Man is gonna become almost free to use for Japanese devs in the next few months (I'm not sure if that applies to Nintendo but still).

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Mega's gonna have the hardest time returning given Capcom don't give two flying fucks about him nowadays. Which sucks, since he's my main. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They already stopped making Mega Man games prior to Smash 4. That didn't stop them from giving Nintendo the go ahead to use him and I doubt it will in the future. They have no reason to.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't really care if K. Rool gets in or not, but why does it seem like everyone is so vehemently against his inclusion? I don't remember him being particularly disliked or anything. 

Or this is just another case of "My character derserves to be in the game way more than X" I say this as someone who just wants a decent character representation.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really hate him, but my feelings about him are "absolute apathy" at best. And there are just so many other characters I'd rather see over one that I don't care about at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind King K. Rool, he's just kinda ugly. XD I'm sure Sakurai could give him a more appealing design of he does make it in.

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

• Thumbs Up 6

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

Hold on though. Microsoft DOES have a history with Nintendo. They had Rare make quite a number of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing's remake as well as releasing a DS version of Viva Pinata, which to my knowledge, was one of their biggest hits in the early years of the 360. And Banjo also has a big history with Nintendo, so I'd be okay with Banjo being there.

Hold on though. Microsoft DOES have a history with Nintendo. They had Rare make quite a number of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing's remake as well as releasing a DS version of Viva Pinata, which to my knowledge, was one of their biggest hits in the early years of the 360. And Banjo also has a big history with Nintendo, so I'd be okay with Banjo being there.

This was less of me saying "Banjo is a terrible idea" and more me saying "any company and their mothers wants their character in Smash Bros. even if they wouldn't touch Nintendo with a barge pole so it's not special or weird that Phil Spencer said the same about Banjo".

Think of a character and chances are their IP holder would be happy to see them in Smash.

Their chances of being in Smash have a lot more to do with Nintendo and if it would even benefit them than the chance the IP holder might say no.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Lloyd Irving gets in Smash, this should probably be his reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtAMfiY5f54

Anywhoooo, on the subject of K. Rool, I never really liked him much. Except for that one Mario baseball game, I thought he was fun to play as in that. I wouldn't be bothered if he made it into Smash though. Knuckles on the other hand

On the subject of K. Rool, I'm personally kinda indifferent to him being in smash in all honesty. Yeah, I know, I don't really care if the villain that inspired my character I named myself after got in. Weird huh? =P

To be honest, I've kinda lost interest in the character, and theres many others I can think of that I would find myself getting more excited for over K. Rool. If he got in then... Eh. Nothing to get too angry or happy about in all honesty.

Smash needs more villains. I want Eggman more than any other character, even though the Sonic franchise getting a second rep is probably almost impossible.

Eggman could play kinda similarly to Bowser Jr by flying around in his tricked out Eggmobile. I think Eggy would be very at home in this Smash game.

• Thumbs Up 1