Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think a character like Banjo, even if not on Nintendo platforms, could still make it on. I doubt he will, but he still has a bigger chance on getting on due to his history with Nintendo. At least with Phil Spencer he was just replying to a fan instead of flat out saying "Make sure to put Banjo in Smash, guys!". 

I mean, I can understand if the company wants the character in there, but if they have literally nothing to do with Nintendo then they really shouldn't be saying stuff like that. Just looks like a desperate attempt for attention to their own ip to give it more advertising. 

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

Wow those comments.

Especially the gall of ware frame's response

I'm also bewildered by K. Rool's popularity. I know he's been around a while, but he's really not very interesting. He's barely a footnote as it is, as noted before, the Retro DKC games ignored him and the Kremlings and they didn't suffer for it.

I pretty much voted for Simon Belmont and Shantae, myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess on a positive note, while Shantae is probably a pipe dream, this poll might at least give Nintendo some direct idea of her popularity as an indie character.  I wonder if they'll add Assist Trophies or regular Trophies to the game as DLC?  Her appearance via one or the other would still be something to be proud of.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly I dont know where all these K.Rool support is coming from either. Yes I voted for K.Rool on the notation that we need more villians. I did grow up with the original DKC games but I didnt shed a tear when I found out the kremlings were out dispite liking captain k rool and some kremelings like Krusha or Klump. The excitement to play a new dkc game trumped that for me.

I voted for Isaac, rather happy to see he's doing quite well, I'd honestly be happy if either Isaac, K. Rool or the Inklings get in. 

The other one I'd really love to see is Klonoa, but the chances of that are slim, since we got Pacman already.

Still I'm hyped for this! Can't wait to get Mewtwo, plus Lucas and whoever wins the ballot ^^  ~

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually would really love dozens of new trophies as DLC. Maybe not as standalone content, but as bonuses included with every other piece of DLC that comes out. I'd be extremely happy if Shantae or Shovel Knight got trophies in Smash, as well as numerous other shout-outs to other indie/third-party IPs

• Thumbs Up 5

Trophy DLC is something I really want as well. More Fire Emblem trophies pls

I don't understand why several Sonic trophies didn't make it to the Wii U, BTW. Rouge and the Chaotix aren't from handheld exclusive games or anything like that.

Maybe because there wasn't really anything Sonic that was handheld exclusive that they could put in, so they made up for it by having some characters fill that role?

Ironically, more people will see those trophies than the Wii U exclusive ones because of the 3DS version selling more.

The games should really update to get each others' stages and trophies. Wii U doesn't even have a new Earthbound stage [emoji53]

• Thumbs Up 1

The games should really update to get each others' stages and trophies. Wii U doesn't even have a new Earthbound stage [emoji53]

Honestly, I'm just glad we got the reps.

For a moment, it seemed like Ness wouldn't even get in because of the late reveal date, and then Lucas was pushed back to DLC, so I'm pretty much savoring whatever I've got. 

On the bright side though, there was a bit of alternative representation in the form of the Mad Car and Starman characters in Smash Run, and Starman assist trophy.

Ness was revealed late cause he was a secret character I believe. If I remember correctly sakurai had all the characters chosen before development or at least in early development.

I'd imagine if sonic gets a second rep, many mega man fans would probably want a second rep from mega man too like protoman or zero.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, new trophies of Indie characters and such would be nice. I still thought it was effing weird that Bit Trip Runner got a trophy rep over Shantae!

Ness was revealed late cause he was a secret character I believe. If I remember correctly sakurai had all the characters chosen before development or at least in early development.

That isn't the case because Captain Falcon, and Luigi were shown off much earlier.

That isn't the case because Captain Falcon, and Luigi were shown off much earlier.

I meant he's a secret character in smash 3ds. I'd guess from the start they had chosen the secret characters already and decided to have them a secret until release

And this time, captain falcon and Luigi are not secrets this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

What about this one?

This is the same Team Meat that (jokingly, I hope) said that they'd only put Super Meat Boy on the Wii if they got him in Smash Bros. As if Nintendo would want anything to do with their shitty Newgrounds garbage. I get that fans can vote for whoever they want but I feel like devs need to show a bit of class. It's arrogant to assume that anyone cares. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm surprised no new stage dlc or music dlc was announced yet. I imagine it's much easier and probably quicker to make stages (or port old ones) compared to making new characters or making new skins. Licensing music might be an issue, but it'd be nice to have some new Sonic songs or something to have since Sonic music representation is lacking IMO. 

Still, nice to have Lucas. No way in heck they were working on one character for the past 5 or 6 months. I'd prefer Wolf tbh.

What about this one?

This is the same Team Meat that (jokingly, I hope) said that they'd only put Super Meat Boy on the Wii if they got him in Smash Bros. As if Nintendo would want anything to do with their shitty Newgrounds garbage. I get that fans can vote for whoever they want but I feel like devs need to show a bit of class. It's arrogant to assume that anyone cares. 

Solly don't talk to me any more > : (

• Thumbs Up 3

Thinking about it now... I honestly don't care who gets picked as DLC. If they're new characters, then that means more potential mains for me to play as. I dunno, just the thought of DLC happening for a Smash game is enough to make me excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm also hoping that we might get trophies or even Assist Trophies of vote-popular characters who don't cut the mustard as playable fighters for whatever reason.  Shovel Knight and Shantae would fit that niche pretty well for being popular in the west but non-existent in Japan; that's a significant handicap, but there's still a strong desire for representation.

I'm also hoping that we might get trophies or even Assist Trophies of vote-popular characters who don't cut the mustard as playable fighters for whatever reason.  Shovel Knight and Shantae would fit that niche pretty well for being popular in the west but non-existent in Japan; that's a significant handicap, but there's still a strong desire for representation.

I don't really think that has any grounding though. Sakurai pretty much picks anyone that he sees potential in hence these guys as assist trophies: 

100px-SablePrinceTrophyWiiU.png100px-TakamaruTrophyWiiU.pngAs well as Lucas being in Brawl and coming back as DLC.

There's also Little Mac who has little no attention in Japan yet still made it as a playable character.

• Thumbs Up 1

More sonic content would be nice. Music, trophies or assist trophies.

One remix would do me good. Just one.

Maybe bring the trophies that was only on the 3ds version and bring them onto the wiiu.

But that won't happen.

Super Meat Boy was originally intended to be a Wiiware exclusive, but due to size constraints and other factors that quickly went south and Team Meat has never really had anything to do with Nintendo since, unfortunately :/

Captain Falcon and Luigi aren't secret characters in SSB4, but Ness is a secret character in the 3DS game which is why he wasn't revealed 'til after launch.

Also, the entire roster was decided by May 2012. No one knows if DLC characters were included in that but I'm assuming they were planned later.

I don't really think that has any grounding though. Sakurai pretty much picks anyone that he sees potential in hence these guys as assist trophies: 

100px-SablePrinceTrophyWiiU.png100px-TakamaruTrophyWiiU.pngAs well as Lucas being in Brawl and coming back as DLC.

There's also Little Mac who has little no attention in Japan yet still made it as a playable character.

On top of this

Commander_Video_Trophy.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Prolly been mentioned 89420 pages ago since the ballot thing happened, but anyone else dreaming that Wolf is announced around when Starfox Wii U does something :v?

nevergiveup

• Thumbs Up 2

Prolly been mentioned 89420 pages ago since the ballot thing happened, but anyone else dreaming that Wolf is announced around when Starfox Wii U does something :v?

nevergiveup

I'm not dreaming so much as betting on it :V

I genuinely think it's really likely to happen. I've been wrong before but Lucas is released in June, same month as E3, where they'll conveniently be able to show more Lucas gameplay as well as reveal the next DLC Veteran who funnily enough will be shown at the same show as the big StarFox Wii U reveal.

I dunno, it's too convenient to not be true, in my mind ^^; After all, Sakurai said himself that Veterans are the hardest characters to cut and are always prioritised for new entries.

• Thumbs Up 2