Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

This tweet is the perfect example of "everyone suddenly remembers Nintendo exists and pretends they're best pals when there's a chance they could get free marketing for their character/game."

It's cute seeing companies wanting to support their character getting Smash DLC but for companies with barely any Nintendo connection doing it too it really shows that the motives of ppl like Phil Spencer are probably not as "pure" as some initially hoped.

Needless to say Nintendo would only support third parties that also benefit them no matter how popular they are.

Hold on though. Microsoft DOES have a history with Nintendo. They had Rare make quite a number of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing's remake as well as releasing a DS version of Viva Pinata, which to my knowledge, was one of their biggest hits in the early years of the 360. And Banjo also has a big history with Nintendo, so I'd be okay with Banjo being there.

Hold on though. Microsoft DOES have a history with Nintendo. They had Rare make quite a number of GBA and Diddy Kong Racing's remake as well as releasing a DS version of Viva Pinata, which to my knowledge, was one of their biggest hits in the early years of the 360. And Banjo also has a big history with Nintendo, so I'd be okay with Banjo being there.

This was less of me saying "Banjo is a terrible idea" and more me saying "any company and their mothers wants their character in Smash Bros. even if they wouldn't touch Nintendo with a barge pole so it's not special or weird that Phil Spencer said the same about Banjo".

Think of a character and chances are their IP holder would be happy to see them in Smash.

Their chances of being in Smash have a lot more to do with Nintendo and if it would even benefit them than the chance the IP holder might say no.

If Lloyd Irving gets in Smash, this should probably be his reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtAMfiY5f54

Anywhoooo, on the subject of K. Rool, I never really liked him much. Except for that one Mario baseball game, I thought he was fun to play as in that. I wouldn't be bothered if he made it into Smash though. Knuckles on the other hand

On the subject of K. Rool, I'm personally kinda indifferent to him being in smash in all honesty. Yeah, I know, I don't really care if the villain that inspired my character I named myself after got in. Weird huh? =P

To be honest, I've kinda lost interest in the character, and theres many others I can think of that I would find myself getting more excited for over K. Rool. If he got in then... Eh. Nothing to get too angry or happy about in all honesty.

Smash needs more villains. I want Eggman more than any other character, even though the Sonic franchise getting a second rep is probably almost impossible.

Eggman could play kinda similarly to Bowser Jr by flying around in his tricked out Eggmobile. I think Eggy would be very at home in this Smash game.

I think a character like Banjo, even if not on Nintendo platforms, could still make it on. I doubt he will, but he still has a bigger chance on getting on due to his history with Nintendo. At least with Phil Spencer he was just replying to a fan instead of flat out saying "Make sure to put Banjo in Smash, guys!". 

I mean, I can understand if the company wants the character in there, but if they have literally nothing to do with Nintendo then they really shouldn't be saying stuff like that. Just looks like a desperate attempt for attention to their own ip to give it more advertising. 

Wow those comments.

Especially the gall of ware frame's response

I'm also bewildered by K. Rool's popularity. I know he's been around a while, but he's really not very interesting. He's barely a footnote as it is, as noted before, the Retro DKC games ignored him and the Kremlings and they didn't suffer for it.

I pretty much voted for Simon Belmont and Shantae, myself.

I guess on a positive note, while Shantae is probably a pipe dream, this poll might at least give Nintendo some direct idea of her popularity as an indie character.  I wonder if they'll add Assist Trophies or regular Trophies to the game as DLC?  Her appearance via one or the other would still be something to be proud of.

Honestly I dont know where all these K.Rool support is coming from either. Yes I voted for K.Rool on the notation that we need more villians. I did grow up with the original DKC games but I didnt shed a tear when I found out the kremlings were out dispite liking captain k rool and some kremelings like Krusha or Klump. The excitement to play a new dkc game trumped that for me.

I voted for Isaac, rather happy to see he's doing quite well, I'd honestly be happy if either Isaac, K. Rool or the Inklings get in. 

The other one I'd really love to see is Klonoa, but the chances of that are slim, since we got Pacman already.

Still I'm hyped for this! Can't wait to get Mewtwo, plus Lucas and whoever wins the ballot ^^  ~

I actually would really love dozens of new trophies as DLC. Maybe not as standalone content, but as bonuses included with every other piece of DLC that comes out. I'd be extremely happy if Shantae or Shovel Knight got trophies in Smash, as well as numerous other shout-outs to other indie/third-party IPs

Trophy DLC is something I really want as well. More Fire Emblem trophies pls

I don't understand why several Sonic trophies didn't make it to the Wii U, BTW. Rouge and the Chaotix aren't from handheld exclusive games or anything like that.

The games should really update to get each others' stages and trophies. Wii U doesn't even have a new Earthbound stage [emoji53]

Honestly, I'm just glad we got the reps.

For a moment, it seemed like Ness wouldn't even get in because of the late reveal date, and then Lucas was pushed back to DLC, so I'm pretty much savoring whatever I've got. 

On the bright side though, there was a bit of alternative representation in the form of the Mad Car and Starman characters in Smash Run, and Starman assist trophy.

Ness was revealed late cause he was a secret character I believe. If I remember correctly sakurai had all the characters chosen before development or at least in early development.

I'd imagine if sonic gets a second rep, many mega man fans would probably want a second rep from mega man too like protoman or zero.

Ness was revealed late cause he was a secret character I believe. If I remember correctly sakurai had all the characters chosen before development or at least in early development.

That isn't the case because Captain Falcon, and Luigi were shown off much earlier.

That isn't the case because Captain Falcon, and Luigi were shown off much earlier.

I meant he's a secret character in smash 3ds. I'd guess from the start they had chosen the secret characters already and decided to have them a secret until release

And this time, captain falcon and Luigi are not secrets this time.

What about this one?

This is the same Team Meat that (jokingly, I hope) said that they'd only put Super Meat Boy on the Wii if they got him in Smash Bros. As if Nintendo would want anything to do with their shitty Newgrounds garbage. I get that fans can vote for whoever they want but I feel like devs need to show a bit of class. It's arrogant to assume that anyone cares. 

I'm surprised no new stage dlc or music dlc was announced yet. I imagine it's much easier and probably quicker to make stages (or port old ones) compared to making new characters or making new skins. Licensing music might be an issue, but it'd be nice to have some new Sonic songs or something to have since Sonic music representation is lacking IMO. 

Still, nice to have Lucas. No way in heck they were working on one character for the past 5 or 6 months. I'd prefer Wolf tbh.

What about this one?

This is the same Team Meat that (jokingly, I hope) said that they'd only put Super Meat Boy on the Wii if they got him in Smash Bros. As if Nintendo would want anything to do with their shitty Newgrounds garbage. I get that fans can vote for whoever they want but I feel like devs need to show a bit of class. It's arrogant to assume that anyone cares. 

Solly don't talk to me any more > : (