Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I think Dev's should only really disclose if they're ok with their IP's appearing in Smash and not sugar coat and honey up support like "YES PLEASE, DAMN RIGHT, SIGN THE DOTTED LINE SON!"

There's putting faith in your fans and then there's being a thirsty Dev looking for Smash fame.

They need to show some fucking pride and I swear to god I've seen Team Meat openly mock Nintendo before and now they're unironically asking people to vote for Meat Boy in Smash. Devs who have never even had one of their games be on a Nintendo system and are still wanting their characters to get into Smash are fucking pathetic babies

Shovel Knight and Shantae are the two indies that make sense to me, although I don't have any confidence that they'll get in at all. (That's not to say I don't want to see them in Smash, I definitely would, but I voted for Wonder Red because I think he has a realistic shot) Shit, I can see even Quote making it in above all others. PC aside, his game actually is a Nintendo exclusive

• Thumbs Up 2

I always wanted Layton but now that his series appears to be over he doesn't have the relevancy he had inbetween Brawl and Smash 4.  Would still make a nice Assist Trophy.

There is going to be a Layton 7 game but the creator just doesn't want Layton in it. Yeah wrap your head around that.

Layton would probably be more fitting as a Assist Trophy.

There are a couple of Indie game characters on my fanboy wishlist that I'd really love to see, but I wouldn't want to watch the devs clamor for them. It's awkward. It's especially pathetic for Meat Boy given their past comments, and would probably be funny if it weren't so groan-inducing.

Basically, fuck Team Meat. 

They need to show some fucking pride and I swear to god I've seen Team Meat openly mock Nintendo before and now they're unironically asking people to vote for Meat Boy in Smash. Devs who have never even had one of their games be on a Nintendo system and are still wanting their characters to get into Smash are fucking pathetic babies

Shovel Knight and Shantae are the two indies that make sense to me, although I don't have any confidence that they'll get in at all. (That's not to say I don't want to see them in Smash, I definitely would, but I voted for Wonder Red because I think he has a realistic shot) Shit, I can see even Quote making it in above all others. PC aside, his game actually is a Nintendo exclusive

Well Shantae is mostly Nintendo exclusive. I think Quote is more viable because Cave Story is worldwide, whereas Shantae and Shovel Knight aren't in Japan at all.

There are a couple of Indie game characters on my fanboy wishlist that I'd really love to see, but I wouldn't want to watch the devs clamor for them. It's awkward. It's especially pathetic for Meat Boy given their past comments, and would probably be funny if it weren't so groan-inducing.

Basically, fuck Team Meat. 

I don't mind the idea of requesting Quote, Shovel Knight, or Shantae since they have a history with Nintendo. Shovel Knight is iffy as he seems a bit too recent, and his main Nintendo connection is only temporary exclusivity. But even Shovel Knight is way better than an Indie that shunned Nintendo all-together, seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gunvolt's gameplay doesn't allow for melee weapons.

I swear this is like the 17th time I've seen you complain about this. Like, just play Zero and ZX instead or something

15th, actually.

And I have, and thats what I'm trying to say. Gunvolt's gameplay is heavily based on Zero/ZXs, where the primary weapon was a sword. Gunvolt thinks it can do the same concept but with busters but, based on the feedback I've seen and what I've experienced, it falls flat of that.

Now I'm not saying just do the same thing so much as I'm saying to give the option for both like how Zero/ZX did, only make the primary the buster gameplay and swords secondary.

But this is for another topic, just sharing my thoughts.

just going to throw this one out there could ryu from street fighter show up in ssb4?

Could he? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

• Thumbs Up 1

just going to throw this one out there could ryu from street fighter show up in ssb4?

Its......possible. but seeing as there is a capcom rep. already in Megaman, I doubt it.

Sakurai already was pretty against Little Mac die to him just wing a standard fighter character wasn't he? Ryu would likely be a stretch.

I'm pretty sure not one of these indie game developers out there actually think they can get their really obscure non-Nintendo character into Smash; they're just taking an opportunity to advertise their characters and property.  It's an opening to whip up interest in catalogue titles, and since it rebounds into Smash advertising as well then it's pretty much win-win.  Disingenuous at worst, just for fun at best, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its......possible. but seeing as there is a capcom rep. already in Megaman, I doubt it.

No,Sakurai said that there will never be a fighting game character in Smash because he think they will never be able to stay true to the character roots. (Ryu's Shoryuken for exemple, has a particuliar command to do it in a Street Fighter game, in Smash it will be simplified by just pressing the b button) That's what Sakurai meant.

Considering the Ace Attorney history with z Nintendo, I can see Phoenix Wright and company missing it in. Of course that's one of my main voting goals anyway.

Considering the Ace Attorney history with z Nintendo, I can see Phoenix Wright and company missing it in. Of course that's one of my main voting goals anyway.

About 4 years late. Although Mega Man was in MvC1&2, so... if Phoenix isn't in MvC4 or whatever, then sure.

It will not be: Capcom has lost all the rights on the Marvel products it made around December 2013, so your best chance is a Capcom All-Stars fighting game.

I voted for Jill from Drill Dozer on the ballot. I'm not sure if she was even on that list of results that was posted earlier.

Here's hoping my vote will persuade many others to vote for this cutie!

dSvxGms.png

• Thumbs Up 3

About 4 years late. Although Mega Man was in MvC1&2, so... if Phoenix isn't in MvC4 or whatever, then sure.

Eh? 4 years late for what? I don't believe there's currently any contract obligations with Marvel at the moment binding Phoenix from Smash Bros.

Yeah, just checked up on that. Still, I don't see another rep from Capcom coming any time soon.

Yeah, just checked up on that. Still, I don't see another rep from Capcom coming any time soon.

Well, I can see it happening given Ace Attorney's interaction with Nintendo, not to mention that at least in Japan and the West, the series is currently, very relevant.

Anywho, pleasantly surprised to see that even Fossil Fighters got some Smash recognition http://fossilfighters.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_%28Frontier%29

Well, looky here, what do I see, Krock support for Smash, from the actual creators?

XI6KF7p.png

#KrocTheVote

• Thumbs Up 1

I voted for K.Rool cuz we need more villains in Smash Bros, but at the same time I just really can't see him in it. Lanky Kong now that I think about it has his long arms that can provide a good move set. Plus if they can think of an original move set for Dixie they could take Diddy's frame and just give it a ponytail and make the frame slightly skinnier then you got another easy character to create. 

• Thumbs Up 1