Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Guys, I've chanced my mind.

My remaining two votes from my laptop and pc will go to vote for Dr. Luigi.

cuz we could use more weegee in our smash.

It will not be: Capcom has lost all the rights on the Marvel products it made around December 2013, so your best chance is a Capcom All-Stars fighting game.

I mean they could just try and get the rights back. Not like Disney is doing anything with it anyway.

2qkplpf.jpg

Location Confirmed. Sending supplies.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean they could just try and get the rights back. Not like Disney is doing anything with it anyway.

Aside from Marvel rapresentation in Disney Infinity (wich rides the success of Skylanders and is pretty popular by now) and Marvel: Avengers Alliance (one of the most famous and rich Facebook games that is actually giving a bad time to veterans like Candy Crush Saga or Angry Birds). Plus, Capcom's current financial state (plus the fact they don't want to release again too many fighting games at the same time) pretty much seals the fact that another MvC will not be made in a looooooooooong time.

Honestly, I hate how conspiratorial everyone is getting. Nintendo wouldn't have done the ballot unless they wanted to hear both support and the reasoning behind the support, both to help them choose and help them become aware of who is wanted. At least one will be chosen from the ballot, if not multiple(I still think 3 are going to happen, its too long for just one). They won't just pick whoever they want and then use the ballot to justify it despite the support(or therein lack of). Now, do I think one of the picks may have been already on the drawing board and simply put up in importance due to the ballot? Sure, why not, if a character had made it through most of the design stage during development, just short of the actual game assets(or part way in), using the ballot to justify finishing it just fine.

Also, if you try use that they didn't confirm that the highest voted character would be made as reasoning for them to avoid actually picking a strong ballot candidate, well would you want to deal with the legal mess of a character who doesn't belong in videogames, or even to an actual video game company like Shrek or Goku? Heck, the ability to not have to do third parties is a help too due to disqualifying (never had a game on Nintendo) circumstances, or just not really having any sort of real relationship or history at all(Sorry Shovel Knight, that's where I see you). Honestly, they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of setting up a global ballot, with all this press and exposure unless they planned to use it, and LISTEN TO THEIR FANS. Heck, Earthbound is on the wii-u VC due solely to fan support, and this time they decided they would give fans the opportunity to do so

I kind of feel like this Ballot won't be used to pick an entirely new character just because of how long it would take for that to happen. I think they might just be seeing which characters out of the ones they didn't finish would be popular enough to justify selling as DLC, just so they could have the characters out in a reasonable time period. 

That's just a theory on my part though. No telling what they're actually going to do or how long they plan on supporting the game. From what Sakurai has said about the character development process though I can't see them waiting until october to count up these votes and then trying to make an entirely new character from scratch. I just can't see a character resulting from that coming out in a reasonable time period. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that they assume that the majority of the players that own smash bros on either version have voted for a character by the time that E3 hits so they could take characters from there. then with the remaining months until the ballot ends have another character as a thank you to thoses that participated.

I can't picture neither a another Sega or Capcom Character getting......despite the fact that Ryu is the king of Crossovers being all the games he's in that featured other series characters (Namco (NamcoXCapcom, Street fighter X Tekken and Project X Zone, Sega (upcoming Sonic & Megaman Crossover comics and Project X Zone), SNK, Tatsunoku, and Marvel.

No no, let Mega Man have the spotlight for once Ryu.

I consider myself lucky. So many characters I want, and many of them seem to be fairly popular. So if that's the case, no matter what, I MOST LIKELY will get a character I want.

yeah wasn't aware about that fighting game thing when I posted about ryu showing up but it is true he would be

a bit of a spotlight hog for mega-man if he did show up.

as for my theory about the ssb4 ballot set up and what Nintendo could be planning to do with the dlc

is a blend of what Mando and Wraith said

Honestly, I hate how conspiratorial everyone is getting. Nintendo wouldn't have done the ballot unless they wanted to hear both support and the reasoning behind the support, both to help them choose and help them become aware of who is wanted. At least one will be chosen from the ballot, if not multiple(I still think 3 are going to happen, its too long for just one). They won't just pick whoever they want and then use the ballot to justify it despite the support(or therein lack of). Now, do I think one of the picks may have been already on the drawing board and simply put up in importance due to the ballot? Sure, why not, if a character had made it through most of the design stage during development, just short of the actual game assets(or part way in), using the ballot to justify finishing it just fine.

based on fan support and the reasoning behind some votes Nintendo can look though the votes and find characters that fans will be willing to buy as dlc, justifying putting the effort into making them whether or not that they can be made to play well on ssb4 or not and with the ballot out developers that are willing to put some of their characters in smash have appeared and any characters that can work on both systems that they didn't finish could be added into smash if they get enough

support

yes it will likely take a long time for them to make brand new characters to get added into smash

however this is were the veteran/clone/unfinished fighters can show up

while the brand new characters are worked on Nintendo can release veteran fighters ported from ssbm (mewtwo,roy and young link maybe?)

and ssbb (lucas,wolf and snake if they decide to bring him back )

and any unfinished characters that weren't finished can get finished in the background while brand new from scratch ones get more attention

and if there's any fighters that can easily be added as a clone fighter (dry bowser,mr l/doctor luigi,slippy,peppy "insert ongoing list here")

they can get them in plus some of them already have game models in both games already so its just a matter of programing them into the game

Those empty spots don't really mean anything: they're just there to fill in the page, as the character icons scrolls having a maximun of 9 at time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So when people vote, is Sakurai gonna consider votes that he liked the most or the character that the most votes?

I'm assuming they'll look though the ones with the most votes. Who are also reasonable (Sorry Master Chief)

I think Nintendo will pick the most popular characters who are also practical, and if they do multiple characters they can theoretically start work on one from provisional results whilst the ballot's still running and pick another from the final results once it's closed.  I suspect that if Wolf comes back, also, he won't count as a ballot character but rather as a veteran like Mewtwo and Lucas, though the ballot may also help gauge popularity for returning fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can really see Shovel Knight being picked honestly.

I'd rather they put Shovel Knight in instead of some ugly ass fat croc with a cracked eye.

#ForShovlery!

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd rather have an insane crocodile with a banana fetish than a generic knight with a shovel. [emoji12]

And I refuse to do hashtag crap :V

That said I doubt Shovel Knight even has a slight chance.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm just teasing, but I meant design-wise he's nothing special. I added 'with a shovel' because that is the original part of him. Though, I'm sure a knight has used a shovel some time in history [emoji14]

I actually think Shovel Knight looks OK, but I'd still not want him in, since there are so many better and more deserving characters; K. Rool included.

• Thumbs Up 2