Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

All those bounty hunters are lame, so I'm more than happy with Samus being the sole Metroid rep.

• Thumbs Up 5

Forgettable bounty hunters, unlikeable human characters and one very popular purple space dragon who is just too big to fit in. Yep, Samus works best on her own in Smash. Dark Samus could work though, I mean, if you got Dark Pit why not Dark Samus for the next Smash?

As for Banjo Kazooie's look, I'm not that keen on the blocky aesthetic and would prefer them to have their N64 look.

So we got mewtwo, Miiverse stage, update on balance and other stuff, sharing functionality with replays, photos, and miis, tourney mode and tournament mode, and I think thatsvit right? All of those coming April 15?

Mewtwo's coming on the 28th, actually. Haven't heard any news at all on the Miiverse stage, though.

Mewtwo's coming on the 28th, actually. Haven't heard any news at all on the Miiverse stage, though.

Mewtwo is coming early to players who registered both versions of the game on Club Nintendo. If you're one of these people, you can get him on the 15th via download code.

Anyone else can purchase him on the 28th. 

I don't know when we're getting the Miiverse stage or tourneys. Don't think that's this update. But we will get balance changes. 

Even if Bear and Bird got high amount of votes, I picture Nintendo just flat out ignoring it and going to the next character.

I can't help but think whoever gets voted, its not gonna matter how we feel in the end. Its really gonna depend on their moveset and its implementation.

Unless its Dark Pit, fuck him :V

• Thumbs Up 1

if it's a brand new unique character then odds are they will likely get picked

in that regard professor Layton would make more sense since aside from being a ds/3ds only character

he would be that one random fighter no one thought would show up in smash only for him to get revealed

to be in smash  take wii fit trainer and R.O.B for example

Even if Bear and Bird got high amount of votes, I picture Nintendo just flat out ignoring it and going to the next character.

"We are pleased to announce the results of the Super Smash Bros. Ballot. In first place came Banjo and Kazooie!"

A single tear rolls down Iwata's cheek

"We miss you..."

Goes on to announce actual DLC characters

• Thumbs Up 3

Are B&K winning the vote right now or something? I haven't actually been paying attention to the ballot at all so i'm kind of curious.

Creator of the Rayman leak from a while back and a Klonoa pic before that tampers with our hearts even more with a Smashification of good ol Bear & Bird that we've been talking about past few pages!

Are B&K winning the vote right now or something? I haven't actually been paying attention to the ballot at all so i'm kind of curious.

Nobody really knows for a fact who's winning the official ballot right now, because Nintendo hasn't released results (and they probably won't). According to fan ballots, though, Banjo and Kazooie aren't really placing that close to the top, especially when you consider the overseas voters.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the frontrunners (in no order) are: King K. Rool, Inkling, Wolf, Shovel Knight, and maybe Issac?

Shovel Knight is probably one of the frontrunners in the west, but I doubt he's anywhere on Japanese polls. 

Yeah Solly you're right.

Hatsune Miku and super kawaii fuck loli magical girl princess are at the top of the Japan votes obviously.

Well, Smash is famous for bringing previously japanese-exclusive related characters to the west (the Fire Emblem guys in the eraly games, and more recently Lucas from Mother 3). Having a reverse effect with Shovel Knight could be nice; hell, it may help the game to get a japanese release.

And i speak that as a guy who hasn't voted for him (priorities, but it was still in my wishlist when i considered my vote).

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Solly you're right.

Hatsune Miku and super kawaii fuck loli magical girl princess are at the top of the Japan votes obviously.

But Super Kawaii Fuck Loli Magical Girl Princess came out like, 8 years ago. Can't they pick a more relevant character?

In all seriousness, I don't mean to make assumptions on what a culture wants, or to impugn their taste, but I don't see many people there asking for him until Shovel Knight actually gets a Japanese release. 

Well, Smash is famous for bringing previously japanese-exclusive related characters to the west (the Fire Emblem guys in the eraly games, and more recently Lucas from Mother 3). Having a reverse effect with Shovel Knight could be nice; hell, it may help the game to get a japanese release.

I would love for this to be the case. Given its success in the West, I actually wonder if Nintendo would be interested in publishing the game themselves. They've done stuff like that before, like with Rayman Legends.

Yeah we ain't gonna know who's at the top of the votes, but i bet ya that the Inkling is pretty damn high on both East and West Ballots.

Granted I know that we often get introduced to Japan-only ip's, but why not have the Japanese get introduced to some of our games like Shantae and Shovel Knight.

In that case I'd prefer Shantae over Shovel Knight. More history with Nintendo, a cool moveset (though I can't deny Shovel Knight's would be neat too) and we need more female character rep! She could end up having a huge following in Japan, especially based on her looks. =P Buuut if we get Shovel Knight it'll certainly make up for Nintendo not getting anything in their version of Shovel Knight. 8I

Oh and that Banjo & Kazooie art is SO good! The genius behind Rayman has done it again.

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ - #VoteForShadow

I assumed any character with a role in the game already (assist trophy, final smash, stage hazard etc) doesn't stand much of a chance. Seems like a waste of a vote.

This is assuming they will only count one vote. 

Yeah, I don't think double representation will happen. Especially assist trophies. Remember, when Sakurai said that Waluigi was an Assist trophy, that meant he wasn't a playable fighter. "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll get to be a fighter", or something along those lines.

Now, regular trophies are more viable, but stage hazard and final smash cement it in my mind as well, all for the same reason- confusion. If a character exists in two places at the same time with the same appearance, it would be confusing if someone is playing with that character at the same time as the character is present on the stage/in the battle as a non-playable. 

Edited by Shade Vortex