Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The transformations are a neat gameplay mechanic, and the music is superb.

Oh aye, transformations would be great to incorporate into a moveset.

But stillllll

Shantae transformations would be neat. I wonder if it would be an issue for the 3DS version of the game? It's because of hardware limitations that Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS were split. I imagine that her other forms wouldn't be so complex, but I'm just forced to think about this stuff given how many concessions this game has already made for its portable version.

They could always take moves from Pirate's Curse if it were really an issue, even if that wouldn't be as iconic. (It's still the best Shantae game though).

I doubt it. If FE:A could do class changes in a snap, the wind up for transformations shouldn't be too bad.

If not they could always got he game and watch route and use sprites.

i'm personally hoping for shantae to get into smash as well it always seemed like a series that deserved more attention then it originally got when the first two games came out

also I know this is likely not to hard to get but I might as well point out that shantae and the pirates curse did manage to get a 3ds background added to the eshop not to long ago

ShantaePirate-Premium-Theme.png

overall it feels like shantae would make sense as a smash fighter

so I really do hope she makes it (no offense to shovel knight and banjo kazooie fan's but I've only seen a couple of gameplay videos about them so i'm not as hyped for them as other people are,though I wouldn't mind them being in smash)

• Thumbs Up 1

As unlikely as it is, I still really would love Sora or Riku to show up in the game. Smash Flash 2 really shows that KH characters have great potential. Though it seems smaller, indie 3rd parties would be easier to get. Especially since Shovel Knoght and Shantae probably have better ties to Nintendo.

FF characters probably have a better chance than KH ones lol.

granted that chain of memories,358/2 days,re:coded and dream drop distance all showed up on Nintendo handheld systems there's really only one thing standing in sora's way for getting into smash...

Mickey_Mouse.png

that guy ^

:angry:

granted that chain of memories,358/2 days,re:coded and dream drop distance all showed up on Nintendo handheld systems there's really only one thing standing in sora's way for getting into smash...

Mickey_Mouse.png

that guy ^

Yeah, Disney owns all the original KH characters such as Sora or Riku. So I guess it'd depend on whether Disney wanted to let Nintendo use their characters, which personally I don't find very likely. I am a huge fan of the series though and would love to play as Sora in Smash, but alas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, Riku probably has a better chance due to his keychain not having Mickey Mouse on it. But even then, he's Disney owned like all the original characters. Though Disney and Nintendo on occasion sponsor each other or do business. It's free advertising for Disney so maybe they'd be okay with it.

Something as insignificant as the keychain on Sora's Keyblade shouldn't be a problem. If Disney is okay with them using Sora, why wouldn't they be okay with the minor reference to Mickey? If it's that big of an issue they could just change the keychain to the crown symbol or the heart symbol and avoid that entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something as insignificant as the keychain on Sora's Keyblade shouldn't be a problem. If Disney is okay with them using Sora, why wouldn't they be okay with the minor reference to Mickey? If it's that big of an issue they could just change the keychain to the crown symbol or the heart symbol and avoid that entirely.

It's Disney. You'd be surprised. And no, they couldn't change the keychain. Not only is it iconic to the kingdom key, but changing it wouldn't make sense in the story sense, as the oblivion uses the crown and I'm pretty sure there's a keyblade that uses a heart keychain.

After days of deciding, I finally voted on that smash ballot.

And No, I did not vote for Shadow for obvious reasons.

And no, they couldn't change the keychain. Not only is it iconic to the kingdom key, but changing it wouldn't make sense in the story sense, as the oblivion uses the crown and I'm pretty sure there's a keyblade that uses a heart keychain.

To be fair, I think a Non-Canon Massive Crossover Fighter Thing should be allowed enough artistic license to change something like that, particularly if the change was necessary for legal reasons or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing as they already let sora have that keychain to begin with, I don't think the Mickey iconography would be the problem so much as Disney owning the IP/characters in general would be.

It's Disney. You'd be surprised. And no, they couldn't change the keychain. Not only is it iconic to the kingdom key, but changing it wouldn't make sense in the story sense, as the oblivion uses the crown and I'm pretty sure there's a keyblade that uses a heart keychain.

If Sora is representing Disney, why would the Mickey Mouse keychain cause any controversy?

The keychain represents Disney just as much as Sora since Mickey Mouse and Sora are both under their copyright.

Allowing Sora in would essentially be the same as adding in Mickey Mouse in copyright law circumstances.

Unless Sora is also partially owned by Square Enix.

• Thumbs Up 1

They could, though it still would be pretty jarring. Honestly removing the keychain for the Kingdom Key, and using different keyblades for other alts would probably be something they'd likely do. That or just use Riku instead and have his alts be other weapons from DDD.

I wouldn't mind seeing the keychain used. Disney in the past has just been dumb about stuff like this. (Isn't sora co-owned by square and Disney?)

As much as I want to hate that guy for the Rayman fakeout, he's just too damn good.

Speaking of a Rayman fakeout, well......

rayman_in_smash_bros____final_chance__byAlso, relevant!

• Thumbs Up 5

Mickey_Mouse.png

that guy ^

But who made the first Disney video game?

Gunpei-Yokoi-o-homem-que-reinventou-a-Ni

This guy, the late Gunpei Yokoi

Hell ya! Let 'em come!

ffd.pngdownload.jpgdownload.jpg

Just for reference, it's okay for everyone here to have fun with the images, memes, etc. but please remember two things:

1. If it's a big/long image, please spoiler it.

2. Always add a sentence or two to the post.

Other than that, have fun everyone. :)

I think Sora would be an awesome character to have in Smash, but you know, Disney. And then there's Square-Enix too..eh, he has less chance than even Banjo & Kazooie. =S

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

So there is gonna be a maintenance around midnight tonight probably for the mewtwo stuff and patch.

WILL THE HOO HAHS FINALLY END!?!?!

WILL MARIO KEEP HIS 0 FRAMES?!?!

WILL GRENINJA GET THE NERF HE SO DESPERATELY NEEDS?!?!?

WILL SONIC KEEP HIS HIGH TIER STATUS?!?!(I HOPE FUCKING NOT LOL)

Stay tuned later tonight.

Cause I know I will.

WILL GRENINJA GET THE NERF HE SO DESPERATELY NEEDS?!?!?

Still living in launch Smash 3DS, are you?

• Thumbs Up 4