Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Me and my brother have been discussing possible characters.

When I mentioned to him how people wanted Phoenix Wright and that the people pointed out how he already had moveset thanks to Marvel vs Capcom 3, my brother replied that it wasn't a valid excuse.

He told me that the moveset couldn't be used because it was from a different genre fighting game from smash and the moveset wouldn't meld. He also proceeded to say that there was no way to make a moveset centered around a Defense Attorney good.

Personally I only partially agree with him, I agree they can't completely use Phoenix's moveset from MvC3 since the different gameplay style but I disagree that Nintendo would be unable to come up with a clever moveset for Phoenix.

Personally, I'd like to see them be creative and not just reuse the entire moveset anyway; let's see them formulate something new for ol' Nick.

Speaking of movesets, I'm pretty sure my moveset for Marshal was lost in the site-explosion that happened a while back. So...uh...

Marshal Moveset:

Standard B - 'Chorus Men'
Marshal holds for as long as the player holds the button. Depending on how long the button is held will determine how loud Marshal 'sings.'

Side B - Hole In One
Marshal Swings a golf club and launches a ball forward. Simple.

Up B - Night Walk
Marshal tucks into a ball, rolling left or right depending on which way he's facing, before popping upwards at a moderate height.

Down B - Double Date/Samurai Slice
For Double Date, Marshal punts a ball forward. Either at random, or each custom move is a different ball, being the plain Soccer ball, a stronger yet shorter reaching basketball, or the somewhat tricky to follow Football.

Standard A - Karate Man
Simple jabs, leading up into the combo done in Karate Man. Launches opponents upward if connects.

Side A - Figure Fighter
Stronger three hit punch.

Down A - Flip Or Flop
Marshal 'flipper rolls' along the stage, much like Dedede does if crouching.

Up A - Working Dough
Marshal pops upwards much like in the Working Dough game.

Up Air - Air Rally
Marshal swats a racket above his head.

N Air - Cheer Readers
Marshal swirls one of the books about. Potentially could have lag as he displays a picture.

Down Air - Tap Trial
Simple tap-dancing downwards, somewhat like Lucario's Dair.

Side Air - Kung Fu Kickball
Marshal delays a moment, then swats forward. Spikes opponents, much like WFT's Side B.

Dash - Bossa Nova
Marshal rushes forward, punting forward the opponent ( If they get caught in the initial hitbox) and a ball. Much like Villager's Dash.

Grab - Packing Pests
Marshal snags the opponent between his hands.

Jab - Monkey Watch
High fives! To the face!

Down Throw - Tap Troupe
Marshal throws the opponent to the ground, dances atop them, causing them to bounce upwards. Much like Meta Knight's.

Up Throw - See Saw
Marshall has the opponent on one side of the seesaw, slamming on the other side to send them skyrocketing. Good KO Potential?

Forward Throw - Kung Fu Kickball?
Simple kick forward, much like Sonic's. Could be something else though, not sure about this one.

Back Throw - Board Meeting
Much like Mario's Back Throw. Marshal spins in the chair however rapidly before launching them off.

Up Smash - Working Dough
Simple enough, though likely using the larger 'dough.'

Side Smash - Built To Scale
Pop 'em with the bit flinger!

Down A - Flip Or Flop
Simple enough. Just Flipper Roll back and forth in place.

Taunts - Ringside
Because Marshal doing the Wrestler's posing would be hilarious.

Victories
1 - Flock Step
Simple enough. Marshal marches in place, before popping upwards with a 'tada' pose.

2 - Tambourine
Marshal does a tambourine dance. Astounding.

3 - Night Walk
Marshal gives a victory pose after flying in on balloons.

With all these polls I think people are forgetting the Japanese votes will be incredibly different. Japan don't exactly know Shovel Knight and probably don't care much for him. Indie games don't really sport much of a chance in the end apart from hearing them top polls through reddit and such.

As for Mewtwo, I wonder when the codes will go out and when they do, will the Nintendo servers crash with all of the people trying to download him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm true, character's popularity varies in different countries, you can tell that by Conquests on Smash.

I really don't know who's super popular in Japan but I know in England people seem to be pretty huge fans of Layton.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they went through all of the suggestions, put together a short list of the ones that they're actually willing and able to do, and then let people vote on those.

• Thumbs Up 1

The uh; "patch notes" are out:

• Users will be able to purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop.
    • Click here for more information.
  • Share mode has been added:
    • Users will be able to post photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well

*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.

• Users will be able to post photos and Custom stages to Miiverse from within the game (Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community and Custom stages will be posted to the official Stage Sharing Community
    • Users can download data from the server to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if there is an activation button in the images posted on Miiverse.
    • Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data with users on their Nintendo 3DS Friend List.
      • Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
      • It may take some time to receive the data
      • Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
  • Added 6 new 8-Player Stages
    • Omega Stages:
      • Delfino Plaza
      • Port Town Aero Dive
      • Woolly World
      • Orbital Gate Assault
      • Wii Fit Studio
      • Pilotwings
  • Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

I really don't understand why they won't ever say what's changed, literally every other developer does it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Feels like Link's dash attack has significantly shorter range now. Then again, I haven't really played Link since the game launched, so I couldn't say for sure.

Diddy Hoo Haa got nerfed

Was this confirmed somewhere or did you just try it out? Well, even if it was just you trying it out I want to believe.

Is the patch out for anyone on 3DS yet in EU?  I visited family recently and still haven't been arsed to set up my Wii U again since I got back so was gonna check stuff out on that version first, but it just launches without asking me to download an update.

Not that I've recieved my Mewtwo codes to try him out yet anyway.

tumblr_nmu752Ly1H1sz36jto1_540.png

In honor of today's loss. You shall never be forgotten.

You have to head into the eShop to download the patch, on 3DS anyway. Doesn't inform you upon boot-up yet.

Nonetheless still refreshing constantly for Mewtwo. Has anyone here got the codes yet actually?

(still, not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss the four months worth of Wii U replays I've saved becoming unplayable after this patch...)

• Thumbs Up 2

Was this confirmed somewhere or did you just try it out? Well, even if it was just you trying it out I want to believe.

Both.

Damage and KB got reduced. It seemingly doesn't do a true combo into itself anymore either but I can't fully confirm that.

Got my codes just now.

Now how do I get Mewtwo, cause he's not in the eshop. I see everything but Mewtwo.

Got my codes just now.

Now how do I get Mewtwo, cause he's not in the eshop

redeem the code on the eShop

How do you redeem the Mewtwo codes on the wii u? I was able to get it easily on the 3ds bit on the wii u it says it's too early to get it.