Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I always heard things about Sakurai tending to avoid characters stemming from fighting games, so when I read a mention of 'Ryu' I was thinking more Breath of Fire or Ninja Gaiden Ryu but nope that's Ryu's theme from SF2. Interesting stuff...

There's a chance he'll just be an assist trophy or something though?

EDIT: Nope, it seems one of the sound files linked with 'Ryu' is a victory theme. Well fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

this has to be around for E3 this year for sure.

oh man i have a idea for a character to join up too. Adam jensen.

About the leak, two things:

- Why are neither of the Street Fighter tracks remixed?

- Why would Lucas and Roy get new sound files corresponding to them if they're just songs already present in the game?

So yeah, I'm thinking it might be fake.

- Lots of franchises include songs that aren't remixed.  In fact there's one guest character who recieved no remixes, can't quite recall his name...

- Perhaps DLC characters need all assets organised in one place for some reason or another, like it's easier to add an extra 300kb onto the download and give them their own victory music file than do some code that tells the game to go find their victory music in the disc/card's game data.  But, I dunno I'm 50/50 on whether one way would be better than the other, so it is suspicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm suspicious of this honestly because it seems like such a longshot for Ryu to get into Smash, but yeah like Jez says Sonic (man thats his name. that took me a moment!) goes without any remixes whatsoever in this game including his victory which is just the level clear from 06. For a DLC character from an entirely new universe entry no remixes doesn't sound too out of the question.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hard to say whether we'll get any new remixed music via DLC, since Miiverse's music was prepared in advance - that could either be because the musicians were to move onto other projects once the game has launched OR it could simply be that the stage was (obviously) created during development and they just need to wait a few months to build up a good selection of Miiverse drawings for the background to use - and since they had the space on the disc to include the music ahead of time, they decided they might as well.  I just hope if there is a downsized music team still working on material for the DLC, it's some of the better remixers.

Results from the Reddit poll are out. A lot of people voted, so this may be one of the most accurate fan-polls we have so far.

yR2ZPCq.png

I'm pretty happy with that top three. Admittedly, I'd put Simon Belmont and Dixie Kong (who are both, especially the latter, disappointingly low) above K. Rool, I could live with them. I doubt Banjo and Kazooie have a particularly large chance, but it makes me happy to see the duo doing so well. And I wanted Isaac from the start, so him getting in would be great.

So uh...pretty random to have Ryu in Smash Bros. o_o If this is true, I don't know how many people are going to like it. His moveset works though; B Hadouken, side B Shoryuken etc.

Ryu could be a scrap character, you never know. Someone did find a file for a possible Rhythm Heaven rep in the base game for Wii U

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't surprise me at all,  Ryu is the king of crossovers.

Roy is silly through, why vote for the worst Lord in the Fire Emblem series when you got badass Hector?

Ryu could be a scrap character, you never know. Someone did find a file for a possible Rhythm Heaven rep in the base game for Wii U

Pretty sure they can't have assets in the game if they don't have permission to use the character. Either way, this was allegedly included in today's patch, so it being some kind of leftover is unlikely.

Time will tell. If it's real, some other data miners should be able to corroborate it today. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow talk about rush job. No customs moves for Mewtwo. Man at least try to have one for each attack,

well got mewtwo and to be fair he kinda feels like he was over hyped I mean it looks like he plays like his old self but having never personally played the pokemon games other then the "he's mewtwo" stuff he just seems like any other fighter to me

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you guys fight him or did mewtwo just appear after downloading

Just had a bit of a practice run in Training mode (vs. Shiny Greninja) and Mewtwo does play the same as in Melee, with a few tweaks according to the wiki.  His US/CAN title in the Boxing Ring is "A Legend Reawakens," and his Mega-Evo is simply just an excuse for him to fire a massive Shadow Ball (making it a skin of Mario Finale and Lethal Overdose)

Did the patch add some more trophies/ change the likelihood of unaquired ones showing up in the shop? I suddenly got a barrage of expensive trophies I'd not seen before- mostly of Mega Pokemon. One of which, rather appropriately, was of Mega Mewtwo X and Y.

So I tried Mewtwo out in Smash Run and he seems pretty good (even if his jump is a little awkward). I never played Melee much so I can't say how much better/worse he is compared to that game, but I'd hardly call him rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1

In regards to the "Ryu" "Leak" you're forgetting that "Ryu" could also represent the lost alpha phase for the original Smash Bros: Dragon King the Fighting Game