Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Was this confirmed somewhere or did you just try it out? Well, even if it was just you trying it out I want to believe.

Both.

Damage and KB got reduced. It seemingly doesn't do a true combo into itself anymore either but I can't fully confirm that.

How do you redeem the Mewtwo codes on the wii u? I was able to get it easily on the 3ds bit on the wii u it says it's too early to get it.

I always heard things about Sakurai tending to avoid characters stemming from fighting games, so when I read a mention of 'Ryu' I was thinking more Breath of Fire or Ninja Gaiden Ryu but nope that's Ryu's theme from SF2. Interesting stuff...

There's a chance he'll just be an assist trophy or something though?

EDIT: Nope, it seems one of the sound files linked with 'Ryu' is a victory theme. Well fuck.

About the leak, two things:

- Why are neither of the Street Fighter tracks remixed?

- Why would Lucas and Roy get new sound files corresponding to them if they're just songs already present in the game?

So yeah, I'm thinking it might be fake.

About the leak, two things:

- Why are neither of the Street Fighter tracks remixed?

- Why would Lucas and Roy get new sound files corresponding to them if they're just songs already present in the game?

So yeah, I'm thinking it might be fake.

- Lots of franchises include songs that aren't remixed.  In fact there's one guest character who recieved no remixes, can't quite recall his name...

- Perhaps DLC characters need all assets organised in one place for some reason or another, like it's easier to add an extra 300kb onto the download and give them their own victory music file than do some code that tells the game to go find their victory music in the disc/card's game data.  But, I dunno I'm 50/50 on whether one way would be better than the other, so it is suspicious.

I'm suspicious of this honestly because it seems like such a longshot for Ryu to get into Smash, but yeah like Jez says Sonic (man thats his name. that took me a moment!) goes without any remixes whatsoever in this game including his victory which is just the level clear from 06. For a DLC character from an entirely new universe entry no remixes doesn't sound too out of the question.

It's hard to say whether we'll get any new remixed music via DLC, since Miiverse's music was prepared in advance - that could either be because the musicians were to move onto other projects once the game has launched OR it could simply be that the stage was (obviously) created during development and they just need to wait a few months to build up a good selection of Miiverse drawings for the background to use - and since they had the space on the disc to include the music ahead of time, they decided they might as well.  I just hope if there is a downsized music team still working on material for the DLC, it's some of the better remixers.

Results from the Reddit poll are out. A lot of people voted, so this may be one of the most accurate fan-polls we have so far.

yR2ZPCq.png

I'm pretty happy with that top three. Admittedly, I'd put Simon Belmont and Dixie Kong (who are both, especially the latter, disappointingly low) above K. Rool, I could live with them. I doubt Banjo and Kazooie have a particularly large chance, but it makes me happy to see the duo doing so well. And I wanted Isaac from the start, so him getting in would be great.

Ryu could be a scrap character, you never know. Someone did find a file for a possible Rhythm Heaven rep in the base game for Wii U

Pretty sure they can't have assets in the game if they don't have permission to use the character. Either way, this was allegedly included in today's patch, so it being some kind of leftover is unlikely.

Time will tell. If it's real, some other data miners should be able to corroborate it today. 

Just had a bit of a practice run in Training mode (vs. Shiny Greninja) and Mewtwo does play the same as in Melee, with a few tweaks according to the wiki.  His US/CAN title in the Boxing Ring is "A Legend Reawakens," and his Mega-Evo is simply just an excuse for him to fire a massive Shadow Ball (making it a skin of Mario Finale and Lethal Overdose)