Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

and his Mega-Evo is simply just an excuse for him to fire a massive Shadow Ball (making it a skin of Mario Finale and Lethal Overdose)

• Thumbs Up 4

I smell a possible red herring, I mean Nintendo Knows we mine this stuff, what if some of it is intentionally put their to lead us to the wrong assumptions

• Thumbs Up 9

I smell a possible red herring, I mean Nintendo Knows we mine this stuff, what if some of it is intentionally put their to lead us to the wrong assumptions

You know, if this is real, well I got an interesting though. First off though, Ryu does fit most of the traditional standards for a third party character, he has a long history with Nintendo, appearing on most console, he's somewhat iconic, and Capcom does have a relationship with Nintendo.

However, him happening I see most likely as part of a coporate deal. We know Nintendo has been hiring and dealing with tons of third parties to get exclusive to bolster their game library, and Capcom is pretty stripped for cash(Thus SF5 being PS exclusive). Well, what other series do they tend to do a few of every gen, that is reliant on a deal with another company, that has had exclusives in the past? Yep, that's right, I'm talking about the VS Series, which already had a Nintendo exclusive in the form of Tatsunko Vs Capcom. Well they currently can't get the rights to do another one from Tatsunko, and they likely can't get the Marvel rights at the moment which means that series is currently dead. So what large company, both has a massive IP stock, and would have the funds to pay for what could be the most interesting and epic VS game of all? That's right Nintendo, who are not afraid of cultivating a fighting community(they are currently backing Pokken Tournament which Namco is making). Taking the ultimate marketing appeal that is already evident in Smash Bros, combine it a more traditional Fighting engine, and Capcoms reasonably strong roster of characters and not only would you have a pretty epic and marketable fighting game, but an extremely powerful exclusive that could be another gateway fighting game. Throw in Ryu in smash for cross promotion, and to seal the deal.

Also if Ryu happened, pretty sure Sega at least would ask/demand another character, and Namco being co-developers of this smash would want one too, so who knows. Mind you this is just a theory, and we don't even know if this datamining is real or not, but its an interesting thing to consider

Also if Ryu happened, pretty sure Sega at least would ask/demand another character

• Thumbs Up 8

I've always liked Ryu, to tell you the truth. I think it'd be cool if he were playable.

I'd personally want Tails to be playable since Shadow's an Assist, hypothetically speaking. They'd have to do the thing where they replace Tails on the GHZ loop though, like the Zelda train stage.

Also I would so love for FE!Roy to be playable you have no idea. I want to believe this data mining is real, but I'll keep my hopes low.

They have absolutely no right to do this. It's not their game. There doesn't need to be equal representation among third party companies. This is just another absurd thing that fans want/expect that has become strangely commonplace.

Capcom aren't stripped for cash though, you're forgetting that Capcom have other franchises than Street Fighter, Monster Hunter's latest instalment breached 1 million sales in the West this week, that's nothing to scoff at.

I'm sure there's a reason for why Ryu's name and music showed up from the datamining and it'll be explained in time but for now stop grabbing at the shortest possible straws Mando.

You know, if this is real, well I got an interesting though.

Wall of text

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, Mando...I'm pretty sure you took your time to write this down and yet....

It's Tatsunoko, not Tatsunko.

sigh, I can never spell that right 

Also, my entire point is Nintendo needs and is willing to make deals with other companies for exclusives, even willing to include IP usage in the deal, and Capcom has a number of games that could either use funding and possibly codevelopment(like say Megaman) or a strong staple of IPs to work(VS Series, in which they currently can't access their standard non-game IPs due to the other companies) that would work well on Nintendo and would mutually benefit both companies. Just saying maybe Nintendo made this part of the deal as well, but who knows

Also I can make theories if I want to, this is forum, a place to communicate and discuss stuff

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, Mando...I'm pretty sure you took your time to write this down and yet....

It's Tatsunoko, not Tatsunko.

Tatsunko is my favourite aime company. They made Kars, y'know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Capcom aren't stripped for cash though, you're forgetting that Capcom have other franchises than Street Fighter, Monster Hunter's latest instalment breached 1 million sales in the West this week, that's nothing to scoff at.

In all fairness, if Capcom are to be believed, the only reason Dead Rising 3 and Street Fighter V were platform exclusive titles is because Microsoft and Sony both sought out for their development and that the games wouldn't have happened without them. Ono practically admitted to this as early as two years ago when he said that he wanted to do a next-gen fighter but that they didn't have the resources to do it. Capcom's focus these days are on lower end hardware like 3DS which is why MonHun has basically made itself at home there, while a lot of their other major titles end up being outsourced (including the non-mainline MonHun games).

• Thumbs Up 2

Monster Hunter has been home to portable gaming for a very long time though, across PSP and 3DS, I don't particularly remember Tri doing so well on Wii as 3 Ultimate had done on 3DS though, most likely due to the larger install base of users having 3DS devices.

Even if Capcom are playing it safe they're still turning out some pretty high numbers sales wise for MH as a franchise.

Also I can make theories if I want to, this is forum, a place to communicate and discuss stuff

There's a difference between "theories", and "wild fanboy pipedreams"

Ok, I don't want to turn this into an argument, or draw this out, but I do want to ask, how would Nintendo deciding to partnership with Capcom to make a VS game(which is the prime thing that entire series is based around) be any more of a pipe dream than what has already happened with both Hyrule Warriors and Pokkén Tournament? Those both happened, and Nintendo still needs more games and partnerships, personally I wouldn't be surprised to hear about another game in that vein( IP partnership and development with a third party company) at E3

Wii fit trainer male must know the feeling of what is about to be done to Mewtwo. It would have been  better if Peach was the one there instead of Wii fit trainer female

Well so I just downloaded Mewtwo. Some tidbits:

-You get his alt. trophy once you download him, you don't need to fight him as stated ^

-Alt Colors change his tail color and slightly his main color, we've seen pretty much all of em, the new ones are one with a dark brown tail and a slightly paler skin, and a pink one.

-Taunts are: Up : His spinning while laughing from Melee, Side: Powering up like seen in trailer, Down: The pose seen at the end of the trailer

-Charging Neutral B doesn't hurt enemies when close (like Lucario)

-Spot Dodge, Side Step  (?) Shield + down is now an epic Torero like dodge animation xD Olé!

-Final Smash Trophy is glorious (will post pic if you haven't already) reminds me of DBZ's Father Kamehameha :P

-When Neutral B is fully charged he gains "glowy aura" on both hands now.. I know it's a pointless observation but yeah xD

You could have spoilered the pic, Eitarou -_- I've not beaten Classic with Mewtwo yet and I'm sure others haven't either.

You could have spoilered the pic, Eitarou -_- I've not beaten Classic with Mewtwo yet and I'm sure others haven't either.

RE: Sakurai saying he'd never consider fighting game characters.

tumblr_lp0vc29TGP1qhnetpo1_500.gif

Sooo how credible is this guy who found the files? wanna tell my friends but I need alittle backup first.

Also video thanks to Josh over at Sonic Retro (who actually made the video):

DON'T CARE ABOUT MEWTWO. ROBIN/I HAVE A RELIABLE WIND JAB NOW.

FREE KOS FOR DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS >=D

Sooo how credible is this guy who found the files? wanna tell my friends but I need alittle backup first.

Been playing around with Mewtwo for a bit. Think he has a lot of potential, actually - but can't seem to find any real combos with him. His jump is a bit wonky and that throws me off a little, but he has great kill potential. He's interesting but I don't know if I'd pick him up. 

Been playing around with Mewtwo for a bit. Think he has a lot of potential, actually - but can't seem to find any real combos with him. His jump is a bit wonky and that throws me off a little, but he has great kill potential. He's interesting but I don't know if I'd pick him up.