Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

That and it's not like they just pressed a few buttons and bam, Mewtwo was in. There was enough work put into it that I imagine ~$4 is fairly reasonable.

....also the only people who have him right now got him for free anyway through the codes, right? The rest of us can't buy him from the eShop yet as far as I know.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a Mewtwo owner, would you rather be kicked out every time you encounter a player online who doesn't own the Mewtwo DLC?  This is standard for games with DLC characters.  His data has to exist on your console for him to appear as an opponent online or in downloaded replays.

That and it's not like they just pressed a few buttons and bam, Mewtwo was in. There was enough work put into it that I imagine ~$4 is fairly reasonable.

....also the only people who have him right now got him for free anyway through the codes, right? The rest of us can't buy him from the eShop yet as far as I know.

Well since you put it that way. Yeah looks to be fair. Yeah, I just had a brain fart moment there

He'll be available sometime around the 28th for everyone else.

I'm baffled at their decision to put Mewtwo next to the third parties instead of with his Pokémanz group but whatevs. It's only a character select screen ffs not something you stay on for more than a minute. =I

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm baffled at their decision to put Mewtwo next to the third parties instead of with his Pokémanz group but whatevs. It's only a character select screen ffs not something you stay on for more than a minute. =I

DLC Corner. It's happening.

Eventually there will be an entire row devoted to just DLC characters. :P On the 3DS it'll probably be a separate page if they get past the slots available on 3DS.

okay but does this mean roy too

But uh

OOOOOOOOOOOH

I'm cautiously excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

okay but does this mean roy too

But uh

OOOOOOOOOOOH

I'm cautiously excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I would have gone with Viewtiful Joe as a secondary Capcom rep, but Ryu is more iconic

I reeeeaaaaally do not want Roy to come back though. Holy shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally I would have gone with Viewtiful Joe as a secondary Capcom rep, but Ryu is more iconic

I reeeeaaaaally do not want Roy to come back though. Holy shit.

I can accept the leak, but to be honest, this makes me worried about the chances of Wolf being in the game, since he was not on the data list that was leaked. I hope this doesn't mean he isn't in.

I don't want Ryu anywhere near Smash Bros.

I've had enough Ryu cameos to last a fucking eternity.

• Thumbs Up 3

So Ryu is really going to be in Smash I guess. Not one of my top picks but still an interesting choice. o.o

I did mention before that his moveset could work by putting Hadouken, Shoryuken etc as Specials. But what could his Final Smash be?

Honestly, I'm fine with Ryu in Smash, I mean he's cartoony enough that with smash stylization he'll fit in fine, he's probably the most iconic fighting game character around, and he has been on Nintendo quite a few times. Oh, though I would find it funny, if they made it by staying true to his portrayals by making him actually something of a parody of a traditional fighting game character in the process... and what if his Kirby hat turned Kirby into Fighter Joe :D

I can accept the leak, but to be honest, this makes me worried about the chances of Wolf being in the game, since he was not on the data list that was leaked. I hope this doesn't mean he isn't in.

I was already dead set sure that Wolf was back. This has me even more convinced. There's nothing keeping Wolf out. Just because he wasn't accidentally left in the data files doesn't mean he's not coming either.

I don't quite understand Roy, though. I don't have anything serious against him but we've already got two Marth's in the game. If he's announced alongside character costumes, or this means we're getting a lot more characters, I'm all for it.

As for Ryu... First newcomer confirmed. I don't think Nintendo would've added someone like Ryu without serious concessions with Capcom. Either Nintendo bought an IP or they bought a game or two from Capcom. What I mean is, they arranged for Capcom to release a game on their consoles.

No way Capcom paid for Ryu to get in the game, and I doubt Nintendo would've gone out of the way to get Ryu. They probably made an arrangement somewhere else and decided to add Ryu as part of the deal. Maybe Nintendo vs. Capcom? I'd be fine with that, honestly.

Add some characters who aren't in Smash from various Nintendo franchises, such as franchises not in Smash (GS), or from franchises that have largely varying characters (like FE) and add different characters; Chrom or Lyn, for example.

Not sure what they could be planning, but I definitely think it means something. I see no reason why Nintendo would go out of the way to get Ryu; they probably had plans with Capcom already. (Its also possible it really IS just leftover data, and Ryu won't be playable; they considered it but he'll just be a trophy instead. You never know.)

Anyway, all this proves to me is that the data exists. If he is playable, I think Nintendo made arrangements for something else.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it's true Ryu's being considered, I'd be fine with that. I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but I think he's a cool and iconic character, and has a decent history with Nintendo, and it'll be interesting to see how a very traditional styled fighting game character works in the Smash world. If he is in, I'm expecting them to source all his fighting sounds from the most recent games, instead of giving Kyle Hebert a little extra work.

I'm just surprised this was all tacked onto a regular update to make Mewtwo playable.

either that ryu clip was left over by accident

or

sometimes removing pieces of code depending were the code is placed can ruin the whole thing.

or

they wanted to add something that is already completed and then dump the rest later.

I don't want Ryu anywhere near Smash Bros.

I've had enough Ryu cameos to last a fucking eternity.

But where else can I Sure-ya-can mah Merios and ha-duke-can mah Sanics legitly?

In all seriousness tho, I'm trying really hard to imagine Ryu in Smash and can't think it's nothing but awkwardness. idk really, the MvC3 style Ryu could fit nicely and anime characters do appear in Smash (and Snake as well) but it's still a weird concept to me. I find it more weird that Ryu could battle a Pikachu more than Ryu battling an ancient goddess reborn as a dog.

I'm kinda tired of Ryu tbh, so him potentially getting in is a bit disappointing to hear. Would love if this raised the chance of someone's Bayonetta or Sora getting in though lol.

As far as Nintendo characters go, I still think Wolf, Wonder Red and Inklings should get in. inklings and Wolf still probably have a good shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was already dead set sure that Wolf was back. This has me even more convinced. There's nothing keeping Wolf out. Just because he wasn't accidentally left in the data files doesn't mean he's not coming either.

You're right, Jaidyn. You are right. The suspense from this whole thing is killing me, though, but hey...