Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

To be honest I feel like the reason people fangasmed over Roy back in the day was less because he was practical or fun to play and more because he had an OHKO move. It's really rare that I ever saw anyone main him and actually be good at it.

It'd be nice, but there's little precedent for this kind of thing. Sakurai didn't want to change Dr. Mario or Ganondorf at risk of upsetting fans of how the characters played.

• Thumbs Up 3

I personally never played him seriously. I'd just mess around in the game with my sisters and pretend he was Zelda's cousin.

... What? I wasn't really "in" to Smash back then. :V

But I'd love for him to return anyway.

Ganon's moveset would work perfectly on Black Shadow. Bigger build than Falcon, basically is his archnemesis

• Thumbs Up 4

why do people want Roy so much. We already have two shitty Marths in the game, why do we need another. He's literally the worst FE lord and was utter trash in Melee. I get that he's basically a meme character by this point but there are so many people who seem to genuinely want him in the game and I don't understand why at all. Wolf didn't die for this shit.

Honestly I think Roy was only put in Melee to advertise his then-upcoming game..

I'm curious if there is anybody who is unironically wanting Pichu to return

• Thumbs Up 5

Only gripe with Roy is that the Fire Emblem representation is going to be really strange.

5 characters. 

5 of them use swords in some capacity.

4 characters use swords exclusively.

3 of them are Marth with absolutely minimal differences.

1 has a game that never left Japan officially. 

I like the Fire Emblem characters and I don't suppose any of this is technically a problem, but I have to wonder what impression people who don't play the games get from this. 

what if the music is actually just victory music for roy koopa

because the music was actually played and it was the FE victory theme

Only gripe with Roy is that the Fire Emblem representation is going to be really strange.

5 characters. 

I like the Fire Emblem characters and I don't suppose any of this is technically a problem, but I have to wonder what impression people who don't play the games get from this. 

Roy, Marth, Lucina, Robin

Who's the fifth one?

You forgot that Fox had two clones in Brawl: Falco and Wolf

Wolf isn't a clone at all. And Falco was decloned in Brawl.

I don't really see why it's a problem in the long run. You don't have to buy it. It's specifically for those who want the characters. You don't need the character to fight against them. It's practically the same as Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit, Roy is just an extra that takes minimal effort to produce, and he's a fan favorite at that.

Who's the fifth one?

Ike. Is this some kind of weird joke?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 characters. 

As far as I'm concerned, Lucina and Roy are just bonuses.  As such I'm not really that worried about it. Its a little annoying, but Marth also has an amazing moveset and a lot of people liked Roy's capabilities.

The only thing I want to change for Roy is to NOT GIVE HIM CRITICAL HIT. Well, they'll probably still do it, but if they make it his Sword of Seals critical hit instead I'd be fine with it. As long as its not identical to Marth and Lucina. Similarly, I hope Wolf comes back with a different Final Smash.

Who's the fifth one?

Um... sir meme. Fights for his friends, you know the one?

5 characters. 

"Why the hell are all these characters so good looking"

• Thumbs Up 4

oh yeah

after all the buff jokes I guess I just decided to ignore his inclusion

you are dead to me

Similarly, I hope Wolf comes back with a different Final Smash.

Yeah, definitely. It was really lame how they just said "Wolf copied the designs of the Landmasters" to lampshade how lazy they were being. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I still think your argument is flawed, but....

Why the HELL are people bidding on the Mewtwo download code WHEN HE'LL BE AVAILABLE FOR $4-$5 IN TWO WEEKS?!