Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If you have the money to get something now instead of wasting time and getting it at a later date then why not? A lot of people are trying it out now and if it means burning some money to be into that crowd instead of waiting a few weeks paying for the lower price won't be worth it when no one is trying it out at that time. You'd be at a disadvantage to people who have more of a grasp in Mewtwo in the 2 week headstart. If paying for the code now is easier and less time consuming than waiting a few weeks or hunting online for a kind soul to give a free code then the money will be worth it. Sounds logical to me.

If you have the money to get something now instead of wasting time and getting it at a later date then why not? A lot of people are trying it out now and if it means burning some money to be into that crowd instead of waiting a few weeks paying for the lower price won't be worth it when no one is trying it out at that time. You'd be at a disadvantage to people who have more of a grasp in Mewtwo in the 2 week headstart. If paying for the code now is easier and less time consuming than waiting a few weeks or hunting online for a kind soul to give a free code then the money will be worth it. Sounds logical to me.

I honestly don't mind Roy and Ryu being possible DLC characters. They probably want to have some easy choices so there won't be some drought while they are working on the Smash Ballot characters.

I don't really see why it's a problem in the long run. You don't have to buy it. It's specifically for those who want the characters. You don't need the character to fight against them. It's practically the same as Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit, Roy is just an extra that takes minimal effort to produce, and he's a fan favorite at that.

You don't HAVE to buy it, but in a game like Smash, it would feel not as complete without having all the characters. Especially if you're playing online.

If Street Fighter gets a stage, I think it would be kind of fun if a destructible car occasionally appeared.

I don't mind Roy and I don't understand why he gets so much hate. All I hear is "he was a lame character in his games durr" but only people who actually PLAYED his game would know that! Outside of that he's still the fan favourite from Melee.

I hope his FS isn't the same as Marth's and Lucina's though. Now THAT would be lame, like Wolf having a Landmaster for some stupid reason (laziness).

I don't mind Roy and I don't understand why he gets so much hate. All I hear is "he was a lame character in his games durr" but only people who actually PLAYED his game would know that! Outside of that he's still the fan favourite from Melee.

I dunno, I feel like there's merit to a character not being well-liked in their own series. Smash Bros is a gigantic crossover series of Nintendo franchises, and whenever people are speculating about newcomers, they usually suggest them based on that. 

But I think Roy being a really lame Smash Bros character is the real problem here. I say this as someone who used to play him :V

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought Roy and Marth were the same apart from their damage output? Wouldn't Roy just be another Lucina if they brought him back? Unless, y'know, he plays as 'classic' Marth or something. I genuinely have no idea about the differences they have. It's been a very long time since I played Melee enough to be familiar with any of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Roy and Marth were the same apart from their damage output? Wouldn't Roy just be another Lucina if they brought him back? Unless, y'know, he plays as 'classic' Marth or something. I genuinely have no idea about the differences they have. It's been a very long time since I played Melee enough to be familiar with any of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Different physics/weight, different specials, normals have different functionality. He'd be a much better clone than Lucina would ever be at this point.

• Thumbs Up 6

I dunno, I feel like there's merit to a character not being well-liked in their own series.

Explain what about Wario? He's super beloved by the Mario fanbase, and is/was popular enough to have TWO spin-off series of his own.

I mean sure if you're one of those odd people that doesn't appreciate the greatness of his character then fine. But there's more beyond just personal likes alsourwrongandhavterribletaste

• Thumbs Up 5

In regards to Mewtwo not having customs, or the analysis chat, its not really surprising, he was the first big experiment to see how well they could streamline character development outside of the main game, most important thing was completing him, but with each one they get faster and better, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucas and Ryu with customs, and well clones really need them. Also, nothing is stopping them from adding them in later if they have the chance

In regards to Mewtwo not having customs, or the analysis chat, its not really surprising, he was the first big experiment to see how well they could streamline character development outside of the main game, most important thing was completing him, but with each one they get faster and better, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucas and Ryu with customs, and well clones really need them. Also, nothing is stopping them from adding them in later if they have the chance

W-what? Do you understand how pissed people would be if Lucas got custom moves and Mewtwo didn't? Where's the logic here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh I never even thought about Palutena's Guidance til now.  The stock lines are to be expected, but will become awkward regarding Lucas considering the Guidances so far consider Brawl's Adventure mode to be somehow canon.  They should've recorded two "stock" versions for DLC characters, one in which Pit sort of remembers them but can't put his finger on their name, just for use with potential Brawl veterans, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wolf isn't a clone at all. And Falco was decloned in Brawl.

Still clones though.

B: Blaster (I mean sure, Falco holds his gangsta style, and Wolf has a bayonett on his)

<B>: Illusion (same thing, Wolf's just slower)

vB: Shine (Wolf's is just defense, while Falco has a boomerang effect (but not in Melee))

^B: Fire (Falco's is shorter, Wolf is fire in name only)

Final Smash: Landmaster (Wolf doesn't have that much time, and Falco's gets more life)

THEY'RE STILL CLONES

Marth and Ike.

Neutral B: A charge up move

Side B: A sword swipe that carries them forward

Up B: An invincible upward lunge with the sword providing great coverage.

Down B: Counter.

Clearly clones.

• Thumbs Up 9