Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I don't think we'll get much for new stage DLC from third-parties. Except for third-party franchises added. Best I can see for Sonic is getting Windy Hill on 3DS.

For any Nintendo franchise, though, I can definitely see getting new stages. Especially ones with less new stages already like DK, Wario, Star Fox, and Metroid. Also, I have a feeling all DLC, including stages, will be for both versions.

Just because we only got the extra data on the 3DS doesn't mean its exclusive to that version. That's the only version with the Ryu and Roy data, as well.

At what point did we jump to talking about past stages? In all honest I dont want any more past stages if we get stage dlc. Especially on the 3ds. Fox, Yoshi, DK , Wario and Sonic desperate need new stage on this version.

Kirby has some new music tracks in the 3DS patch, that's why the discussion started.

It's gonna be interesting to see how much the new patch shakes up Japan's tier-list. Based on how terribly they overreacted to Greninja's nerfs, I fully expect Diddy to drop to, like, the middle of B-tier and S-tier probably won't exist anymore.

For those who didn't see Japan's last tier-list, and I'm sure that's most of you because IIRC it was never posted here:

TgXWYAQ.png

Past stages, eh?

Well, I guess Poké Floats would be great and all but

BIG BLUE

BIIIIIIIGGGGG BLUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE

HOOOOOOYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHH pardon me I just really like that stage

Great Bay and Fountain of Dreams for Wii U

and something from 64 along with another Brawl stage for 3DS.

Everything else should be new. I still believe Clocktown could be a likely 3DS stage pick after Majora's Mask 3D. Not sure what I'd want for Wii U, new wise. Maybe something from Wonderful 101, or Earthbound?

Not that I let tier lists affect who I enjoy using in games like Smash or Pokémon, as I'm one of the last people to ever participate in competitive scenes, but I do think there's merit in knowing about character rankings because different characters require different skills. To put it simply, it usually takes more work and a certain set of skills to get excellent use out of a widely-accepted lower tier character than it would a higher one.

With that said I actually happen to dislike using a lot of higher tier characters because it seems like they do still require a lot of work to become a pro with, I can't wrap my mind around using Diddy or Fox as effectively as everyone else who can wreck everyone's shit with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, a tier list is only useful in showing how easy it is to be good with a specific character.

It's very admirable for people to main characters who are low on the tier list because it shows how good the player is. 

• Thumbs Up 3

That's why you see so many Kirbies in Melee tournaments

Nah I only see foxes or shieks or marths

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, a tier list is only useful in showing how easy it is to be good with a specific character.

If that was the case, Fox and Falco would be at the very bottom of Melee's tier-list, haha.

Tier-lists just show which characters have the best chance of winning a tournament in the current perceived meta. As new technology is found, players become better, and people become more aware of what every character in the game is capable of, the tier-list shifts and changes. Oftentimes dramatically (Anyone remember when DeDeDe and DK were top 6 and top 10 in Brawl respectively?).

In Smash 4, because of it's better balancing compared to past titles, a character being low-tier doesn't necessarily mean they're complete trash and totally unusable; they're just worse than most of the cast. A lot of them still have niche uses and can compete in some fashion. For example, a little while back Trela (notable Robin/Shulk main) won a tournament with Mii Swordfighter and Nairo's Zelda has taken sets off Nietono's Sheik.

• Thumbs Up 7

Past stages, eh?

Well, I guess Poké Floats would be great and all but

BIG BLUE

BIIIIIIIGGGGG BLUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE

HOOOOOOYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHH pardon me I just really like that stage

Now that we've got Big Blue in MK8....

Yeah, let's bring it back.

I'd also like to see Great Bay, Hyrule Castle (seriously, HD REMAKE THIS!), Fountain of Dreams, and, uh... well, I'm not sure what else... bring back Pirate Ship just to get people to shut up about it.

But I'd really like a bunch of new stages:

Sacred Grove (TP/OOT), Gangplank Galleon (DKC/DKC2; alternatively Flying Kroc), Maridia or Phendrana Drifts (so we have a non-lava Metroid stage), maybe a new F-Zero stage, Venus Lighthouse (YES), and maybe finish that Melee Akaneia stage. Also, even if we don't get IC's we really should get an Ice Climber stage, even if its just Summit back.

Okay, something I've been meaning to ask.

*Ahem*

"Congratulations! Your character got into Smash due to the ballot! But not only are they coming as a playable fighter, they are bringing 1 new remix/song to the game with them as their theme!"

So yeah! What song would you choose with your most wanted fighter?

Personally, seeing as Marshal is the character I'd like the most, I'd like to see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbDJYUc0z0 Remix 10 of Rhythm Heaven Fever get in.

"Congratulations! Your character got into Smash due to the ballot! But not only are they coming as a playable fighter, they are bringing 1 new remix/song to the game with them as their theme!"

So yeah! What song would you choose with your most wanted fighter?

• Thumbs Up 1

My boyfriend has mained Kirby in every Smash Bros and he can kick my ass almost every single time. 8I And supposedly Kirby is one of the low tier ones too! You just gotta have skills and know how the character plays.

Alex Roivas

Oh shit, I knew I was saving a spare vote for something. Better go visit the Ballot on my phone now.

• Thumbs Up 2

He would be a worthless addition to this game.

All the characters either have a projectile or a counter and it makes it really irritating to use the sword characters. I wasn't the least bit surprised to see Lucina and Marth that low on the list.

• Thumbs Up 1

He would be a worthless addition to this game.

All the characters either have a projectile or a counter and it makes it really irritating to use the sword characters. I wasn't the least bit surprised to see Lucina and Marth that low on the list.