Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Ah, this makes more sense, they couldn't get them stable in time for release, so maybe they will fix and release them later, or there are just issues that keep them from working, wait and see I guess 

You don't think they would've said "We can't get customs working, we'll release them later"?

That, and Nintendo never tells us anything, like patch notes for example.

I suppose it's possible for Mewtwo to get real custom moves at some point. But TBH I rarely use them in real battles so I don't really mind either way.

the only other thing I would bring up is mewtwo isn't "officially released" yet we just got him a week or two before everyone else does its possible some of mewtwos stuff isn't released yet

If they were going to give Mewtwo custom moves I would expect that they'd hold back on releasing him until they were finished. It's probably just reading garbage data or placeholders, not unfinished moves that they'll patch in later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only DLC character I could see getting customs is Lucas, but that's because they could recycle Ness's.

Bold prediction:

S++ tier: Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon

S+ tier: Rosalina, Fox, Sheik, Sonic, Diddy

S tier: Wario, Villager, Yoshi, Ness

In the customs meta, Villager will definitely be up there, especially since Sonic kind of lost the one counter answer to Villager that no other character had after the BSD got nerfed.

Falcon is a pretty bold prediction but it's one I can believe because I'm still struggling to see what it is this character can't deal with. It kind of boggles me that people aren't giving him enough attention right now because he's easily the sleeper top tier. Wario's a bit of a similar story, the Japanese are way ahead of the game with him. I don't have many qualms against ZSS' positioning either since pre-patches she was basically "balanced Sheik", but Sheik just can't catch a break with them nerfs anymore.

Diddy's main reason for easy rides is gone but I do agree he's still up there because his versatility is still relatively unparalleled and the risk of reducing KB is increasing his ability for follow ups. Really, the only characters who haven't benefited from the patch were the ones who were top of the flowcharts. It feels like most of the sleeper characters are bumped up a notch because of it, especially Ness.

Can't say there's much wrong with this prediction honestly. It'll probably be around that ballpark, but I feel like Pikachu could be squeezed in there as well, even if the he doesn't have the ledge advantage anymore.

But let's be real here I don't ever want to see the snore-tier that is Rosalina vs Villager

• Thumbs Up 2

I was really hoping the latest patch would knock Captain Falcon down a peg because he is kind of dumb. That dash grab is definitely something, and his fsmash kills just about as well with Ganondorf's but with less lag. And as for knocking a character up a peg, all I really wanted was a better dancing blade and actual use out of his throws for Marth,meaning tech chases from bthrow and maybe some follow ups from fthrow. Up throw could kill a little more reliably, and dthrow could stay the same, really.

Shoutout to Doctor Mario buffs tho'! I'm really feeling him lately.

Being the heavy Mario doesn't allow Dr. Mario to get that one buff he truly deserves...that's why he relies on the walls of his environment in order to Recover.

I also find that using Dr. Mario's cape in the air to be a bad idea, it just locks you're air momentum and can easily send you to the bad times.

The good doc's recovery isn't that awful, and generally, if you're playing him optimally you will be on or above stage for 80% of your gameplan. You just have to make your opponent play by your rules with his bair, grabs, and pills.

It's not bad if there are walls to jump, but being good at both Mario and Doc. M makes it less of a problem...the real issue is whenever you just barely make it to a ledge but don't grab it. That happens a lot.

I just wanted the patch to introduce a zero frame Warlock Punch tbh

When will this game be truly balanced, Sakurai?

• Thumbs Up 7

In the customs meta, Villager will definitely be up there, especially since Sonic kind of lost the one counter answer to Villager that no other character had after the BSD got nerfed.

I think he'll be up there even in the vanilla meta (If this was a tier list with customs in mind, Palutena would be there between Villager and Yoshi). He can shut down characters and run that timer regardless if he has exploding balloons or the Wobbuffet tree. People just place the blame on EBT and Counter Sapling because they're physical scapegoats.

Falcon is a pretty bold prediction but it's one I can believe because I'm still struggling to see what it is this character can't deal with. It kind of boggles me that people aren't giving him enough attention right now because he's easily the sleeper top tier.

Falcon was pretty much Diddy Lite before the patch, and now that Diddy's overshadowing qualities have been stripped, Falcon has real reason to be used and abused. He's going places.

Quite the jump from being around second worst in Brawl, don't you think?

Can't say there's much wrong with this prediction honestly. It'll probably be around that ballpark, but I feel like Pikachu could be squeezed in there as well, even if the he doesn't have the ledge advantage anymore.

I completely spaced out on Pikachu, lol. No one uses him and so there was no immediate reference in my mind when I made that list. I'd stick him between Sonic and Diddy, the ledge nerf actually hurts a bit.

Now that I think of, replace Yoshi and Ness with the Mario Bros. Their results are not living up to the hype, especially Yoshi's, while the brothers have been placing left and right.

The competitive community is really starting to bitch and moan about customs currently (read: They can't and don't want to adapt to certain moves), especially the Texas scene, so I think the vanilla meta is going to see a resurgence soon. Hence this list.

I was thinking about it more, and if Roy were to come back, I do feel like they'd change him up. I think the only reason Mewtwo and Lucas weren't changed was because they didn't really need to be changed, y'know? It's not like all the other vets were changed dramatically. Bowser and Pit were the only ones off the top of my head that seriously changed (I have terrible memory, I feel like there's one more character who changed a lot).

Since Roy's a clone (much moreso than Lucas, who only shares a few moves with Ness), that would be the reason to change him up quite a bit. I mean, it's still somewhat unlikely, and this is just hypothetically speaking if he were to be playable, but that's just my thinking on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Red-Cap and I were joking that if Roy comes back he'd come with his Melee movekit.

Aka the Melee Marth movekit.

Aka the movekit where double Fair and double Nair out of a short hop was a thing and shut down 90% of the cast.

You want reason to use Roy over Marth? There you go, Roy's now the waller.

• Thumbs Up 4

Red-Cap and I were joking that if Roy comes back he'd come with his Melee movekit.

Aka the Melee Marth movekit.

Aka the movekit where double Fair and double Nair out of a short hop was a thing and shut down 90% of the cast.

You want reason to use Roy over Marth? There you go, Roy's now the waller.

I-I was there too ;-;
  • Thumbs Up 1

Had a smash match tonight with fellow SSMBer Strickerx5. This is probably one of the most hilarious kills I've ever witnessed. 

(btw, apologies if the quality's crap. I don't have a capture card and they're incessantly expensive soooo)

• Thumbs Up 1