Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Didn't you hear? We're getting Female Ike and Masked Lucina as downloadable characters.

I lurk around places, and I heard about an interesting suggestion for a character for DLC that would be Namco candidate that has a strong connection to a now Nintendo second party studio: KOS-MOS who was created by Monolith soft... though I'd prefer DigDug Namco VS Capcom style :P

Also not against the idea of a Soulcalibur character, several of the female ones are iconic enough like Sophita or Talia

When I think of Soul Calibur the most iconic character to me is Nightmare/Siegfried and Ivy tbh.

When I think of Soul Calibur the most iconic character to me is Nightmare/Siegfried and Ivy tbh.

Ya, generally, but um, well I don't entirely see Ivy's outfits making it into smash, though Nightmare is an iconic Knight

Also, NVSC Digdug is one of a handful of arcade character updates I actually really like, he's got a cool design, while keeping most of the classic elements

Taizo_Hori__2.jpg

A Slightly more cartoony version would be  rather cool in Smash, and he is an arcade icon up there with Pac

Clearly we just need the Sword itself.

Then we can get a clone in the pokemon Aegislash.

Ya, generally, but um, well I don't entirely see Ivy's outfits making it into smash, though Nightmare is an iconic Knight

Also, NVSC Digdug is one of a handful of arcade character updates I actually really like, he's got a cool design, while keeping most of the classic elements

Taizo_Hori__2.jpg

A Slightly more cartoony version would be  rather cool in Smash, and he is an arcade icon up there with Pac

The Mr. Driller version is your best bet:

taizo_hori_ssb4_request_by_elemental_aur

• Thumbs Up 3

Clearly we just need the Sword itself.

Then we can get a clone in the pokemon Aegislash.

I know your joking but I'm just screaming so much inside because I love Aegislash and its way too unique to be a clone. Just the thought of it being a clone just makes my blood boil. No offense or anything though.

#aegislashisseriousbusiness

• Thumbs Up 1

I know your joking but I'm just screaming so much inside because I love Aegislash and its way too unique to be a clone. Just the thought of it being a clone just makes my blood boil. No offense or anything though.

#aegislashisseriousbusiness

I totally get you, Sword pokemon is just a generally awesome idea.

But I seriously don't want any more Pokemon. Except maybe Ivysaur and Squirtle.

Aaaaaanyways.

I totally get you, Sword pokemon is just a generally awesome idea.

But I seriously don't want any more Pokemon. Except maybe Ivysaur and Squirtle.

Aaaaaanyways.

Who needs Ageislash when we could have Hawlucha?! Seriously, he would be perfect for Smash with his wrestling moves and whatnot.

Who needs Ageislash when we could have Hawlucha?! Seriously, he would be perfect for Smash with his wrestling moves and whatnot.

I need both in my veins! They're the only 2 pokemon I wanted playable because they are cool and very unique. Both would had been perfect for Smash but lolnope we're riding the Gen 1 pokemon train! Oh and Lucario. <_<

I need both in my veins! They're the only 2 pokemon I wanted playable because they are cool and very unique. Both would had been perfect for Smash but lolnope we're riding the Gen 1 pokemon train! Oh and Lucario. <_<

... and Greninja.

Though come to think of it, I'd love to see Hawlucha playable. Such a great Pokémon with a unique style.

... and Greninja.

Though come to think of it, I'd love to see Hawlucha playable. Such a great Pokémon with a unique style.

You, know I find it kinda amusing when people think Sakurai's going to read through all these, as there is no way that's how this is going by the tribute of being in able to do this in over 40+ languages, not to mention the sheer amount of entries happening. Most likely possibility is that each Nintendo regional PR/local office(like the clubhouse) have a sorting algorithm that groups together separate character entries(with some allowance for misspelling, and grouping by alias/alternate names), then from a certain group of candidate characters, and from there read through it, no character will be out right blocked, but obvious troll/impossible characters will be ignored. Then using both numbers of characters, along with some of the best arguments will they send them to the team at Namco/Bandai who are working on this, which happens to include Sakurai

Also on the whole K.Rool not appearing as the main in DKC villianwise, know what other villain(group in fact) had a far longer period of absence, everyone thought they were gone, but recently made a massive comeback and are everywhere? ya that's right, the Koopalings

You, know I find it kinda amusing when people think Sakurai's going to read through all these, as there is no way that's how this is going by the tribute of being in able to do this in over 40+ languages, not to mention the sheer amount of entries happening. Most likely possibility is that each Nintendo regional PR/local office(like the clubhouse) have a sorting algorithm that groups together separate character entries(with some allowance for misspelling, and grouping by alias/alternate names), then from a certain group of candidate characters, and from there read through it, no character will be out right blocked, but obvious troll/impossible characters will be ignored. Then using both numbers of characters, along with some of the best arguments will they send them to the team at Namco/Bandai who are working on this, which happens to include Sakurai

It's not that we think that Sakurai is going to go through an in depth analysis on what characters people want in, it's all just a part of speculation and anticipation. 

Sakurai is omniscient though, I think he can handle something as mortal as reading millions of these dumb ballot votes.

Okay but seriously though, nobody expects Sakurai to literally do everything himself - it's just easier to refer to his whole team as him because he's the figurehead, much like everyone holds Notch responsible for Minecraft despite having a whole team at his disposal and, well, not even officially working on the game anymore. Don't go thinking too deeply into that =V

• Thumbs Up 2

I assume Nintendo's checking the results every once in a while or even keeping track of them constantly in all regions. Whether or not Sakurai's kept informed of things, I dunno, but that would make sense I think.

On the other hand it's a lot of fun to imagine Sakurai alone looking at the results and laughing, crying, and/or sighing the whole time.

I assume Nintendo's checking the results every once in a while or even keeping track of them constantly in all regions. Whether or not Sakurai's kept informed of things, I dunno, but that would make sense I think.

On the other hand it's a lot of fun to imagine Sakurai alone looking at the results and laughing, crying, and/or sighing the whole time.

Well, he'll probably read some of them and he probably does have some of those reactions. Naturally he won't read all of them, its not possible.

Well, he'll probably read some of them and he probably does have some of those reactions.

He has commented on those famous requests on Miiverse such as Goku and SpongeBob and honestly the results are quite uhh... hilarious to imagine to say the least.

(article also contains the mention of Takamaru also becoming playable which I believe was bought up here quite a while back and a pretty random Segata Sanshiro mention.)

• Thumbs Up 1

He has commented on those famous requests on Miiverse such as Goku and SpongeBob and honestly the results are quite uhh... hilarious to imagine to say the least.

(article also contains the mention of Takamaru also becoming playable which I believe was bought up here quite a while back and a pretty random Segata Sanshiro mention.)

so you're saying there's a chance for spongebob if he gets a japanese game, right

right

Also, "Well I'm glad Sonic's in." :D

@Mando, Sakurai IS reading all these. You know how his arm is hurting? It's because he, like Danzo, has Sharingan eyes all over it, and they process the ballot information as he sleeps. You know how Sakurai's never seen without a long sleeved shirt? Think about it.

(in all seriousness I hope his arm pain subsides at some point, it sounds terrible to deal with)

Shadow basically

it's not wrong to want a character right

right

So hey when's that Fire Emblem concert? Sakurai's there which objectively obviously means Roy will be announced, obviously of course.