Nintendoga

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

I assume Nintendo's checking the results every once in a while or even keeping track of them constantly in all regions. Whether or not Sakurai's kept informed of things, I dunno, but that would make sense I think.

On the other hand it's a lot of fun to imagine Sakurai alone looking at the results and laughing, crying, and/or sighing the whole time.

I assume Nintendo's checking the results every once in a while or even keeping track of them constantly in all regions. Whether or not Sakurai's kept informed of things, I dunno, but that would make sense I think.

On the other hand it's a lot of fun to imagine Sakurai alone looking at the results and laughing, crying, and/or sighing the whole time.

Well, he'll probably read some of them and he probably does have some of those reactions. Naturally he won't read all of them, its not possible.

Well, he'll probably read some of them and he probably does have some of those reactions.

He has commented on those famous requests on Miiverse such as Goku and SpongeBob and honestly the results are quite uhh... hilarious to imagine to say the least.

(article also contains the mention of Takamaru also becoming playable which I believe was bought up here quite a while back and a pretty random Segata Sanshiro mention.)

He has commented on those famous requests on Miiverse such as Goku and SpongeBob and honestly the results are quite uhh... hilarious to imagine to say the least.

(article also contains the mention of Takamaru also becoming playable which I believe was bought up here quite a while back and a pretty random Segata Sanshiro mention.)

so you're saying there's a chance for spongebob if he gets a japanese game, right

right

Also, "Well I'm glad Sonic's in." :D

@Mando, Sakurai IS reading all these. You know how his arm is hurting? It's because he, like Danzo, has Sharingan eyes all over it, and they process the ballot information as he sleeps. You know how Sakurai's never seen without a long sleeved shirt? Think about it.

(in all seriousness I hope his arm pain subsides at some point, it sounds terrible to deal with)

Also on the whole K.Rool not appearing as the main in DKC villianwise, know what other villain(group in fact) had a far longer period of absence, everyone thought they were gone, but recently made a massive comeback and are everywhere? ya that's right, the Koopalings

I think the Koopalings are boring villians with ugly designs too and would've rather had other characters/Bowser Jr alt colours in MK8/SSB4 respectively lol...

(Don't take this response too seriously I'm just kind of entertained that even when you argue for K.Rool in a way that doesn't even directly relate to him you can't win me over lmao).

Sakurai is omniscient though, I think he can handle something as mortal as reading millions of these dumb ballot votes.

Okay but seriously though, nobody expects Sakurai to literally do everything himself - it's just easier to refer to his whole team as him because he's the figurehead, much like everyone holds Notch responsible for Minecraft despite having a whole team at his disposal and, well, not even officially working on the game anymore. Don't go thinking too deeply into that =V

I remember noticing in the ballot that it said something along the lines of "your post may be made public." Does that mean that they actually plan on choosing a ballot character?

If they weren't then what's the point of the ballot in the first place?

Because people vote for goku and shrek

-_-

OBVIOUSLY characters like Goku and Shrek are just going to get thrown out. However, a lot of people are voting for legitimate character options from actual Nintendo games, and some are voting for third-parties that work quite well, too.

Yes, people are going to waste votes on Goku and Shrek. That doesn't mean they'll ever, in any way, be considered. Those ballots will get thrown out. They clearly stated not all characters can be considered, and you can only submit ballots for VIDEO GAME characters. Goku and Shrek are not video game characters, they're manga and cartoon characters, respectively, who had video games made about them.

Because people vote for goku and shrek

Sakurai has already stated that these characters are what Mii fighters were for, and that he would ignore requests like Goku and Spongebob.