Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Hey guys! Sorry to be a killjoy. :(

While amusing, let's try and avoid any more of the mock images/memes/etc. for a while. It'll preserve the quality of discussion.

Some time's passed since the last post so I don't think it will be any more of an issue, but I thought I'd just comment on the subject.

Hey guys! Sorry to be a killjoy. :(

While amusing, let's try and avoid any more of the mock images/memes/etc. for a while. It'll preserve the quality of discussion.

Some time's passed since the last post so I don't think it will be any more of an issue, but I thought I'd just comment on the subject.

But Ogilviiieeee, there's nothing to discuss!

But seriously, sorry about that. I'll put those kinds of images in the SSB screen thread.

So, let's see... Some people on another board were discussing how the Final Destination stages get a bit old after time, especially in team battles in For Glory. One of them had the idea of there being Alpha stages, maybe made in a patch or something. The Alpha stages would be Battlefield stages instead of FD stages. It's not much of a change, but to me it seemed like it could freshen things up a bit. What do you guys think?

To be honest I prefer most stages the way they are now, but just adding more platforms to Omega stages is kind of sidestepping the point - fighting on the same four platforms ala Battlefield isn't going to get old any slower than fighting on the same giant island ala FD all the time is. In most cases you could just add an option to disable damaging stage hazards and, save for the occasional cave of life here and walkoff ledge there, most levels would be tourney viable already.

Fighting on Omega stages can be boring (when the fight isn't all hype and stuff), but dying due to a cheap nitch in a level that isn't an Omega stage is arguably worse from my perspective.

There are a lot of stages that aren't too unfair, but they're are a lot of really annoying stages, like Magicant or Paper Mario or Mute City or Dream Land etc.

Even as a casual player I want a stage hazard switch.  Some stages are just completely intrusive in every sense, Magicant being the worst by far for sure.  A CPU player that joins your side sounds fine as an out there gimmick on paper but it just ruins the match.  I don't even enjoy getting him on my side, I do it out of necessity because it's better than having him on the other person's side, but the match stops being fun then because I feel like I have a completely unfair advantage.

The Flying Men might have been tolerable if they automatically disappeared if not defeated after 20-30 seconds or so, but since they don't I just want them gone completely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Ridley.

RidleyTrophyWiiU.png

I know you're my boy, but if I could just turn you the fuck off, Pyrosphere would be a great stage.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Ridley.

RidleyTrophyWiiU.png

I know you're my boy, but if I could just turn you the fuck off, Pyrosphere would be a great stage.

Clearly Ridley is too big for an off button.

Even as a casual player I want a stage hazard switch.  Some stages are just completely intrusive in every sense, Magicant being the worst by far for sure.  A CPU player that joins your side sounds fine as an out there gimmick on paper but it just ruins the match.  I don't even enjoy getting him on my side, I do it out of necessity because it's better than having him on the other person's side, but the match stops being fun then because I feel like I have a completely unfair advantage.

The Flying Men might have been tolerable if they automatically disappeared if not defeated after 20-30 seconds or so, but since they don't I just want them gone completely.

While I agree about the stage hazard switch, The Flying Men are actually really easy to beat.

EDIT: If anything, the Dark Emporer is much worse since he gives you stat boosts and instant kills sometimes.

Same goes for the yello devil. I would actually like to have the moving platforms for competitive play without the big yellow thing in the way, taking up the whole stage when moving from one side to the other side

While I agree about the stage hazard switch, The Flying Men are actually really easy to beat.

EDIT: If anything, the Dark Emporer is much worse since he gives you stat boosts and instant kills sometimes.

Agreed there are worse stage hazards, but Streetpass Quest is a significantly less interesting stage to battle on in terms of the actual construction so it's not so frustrating for me to not be able to have a fair match there.  Magicant just has such a nice layout and the platforms that come and go make it interesting enough as is.

• Thumbs Up 1

It sucks that in order to get rid of stage hazards in the Wii U version, you need to add a fifth player into the fight. It's annoying that I have to include an unneeded CPU just to get rid of the Yellow Devil.

Seriously, he appears every 15 seconds or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I enjoy crazy stages with tons of items, I find that tons of fun, but I'm not a competitive player

Also, loving all the K.Rool fan support around the internet, here's a cool one

baronkrool_amiibo_finvesvf.png

Also, this has been around a while, but they added something hilarious to the description

K. Rool's tossing in his crown for Smash Bros DLC. And trying to hit someone with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed! If there's one Konami character that I'd like to see in Smash Bros it's Simon Belmont for sure. IMO, he's a better choice than Snake.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed! If there's one Konami character that I'd like to see in Smash Bros it's Simon Belmont for sure. IMO, he's a better choice than Snake.

I personally think Bomberman or Goemon would be great choices, the former as a loooonnnnnggg history with Nintendo(even a crossover with Wario), and the latter was essentially a Nintendo exclusive in the west(even if he's been kinda dormant for a while... I want his N64 games on VC)

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally think Bomberman or Goemon would be great choices, the former as a loooonnnnnggg history with Nintendo(even a crossover with Wario), and the latter was essentially a Nintendo exclusive in the west(even if he's been kinda dormant for a while... I want his N64 games on VC)

Goemon would be good too, but I associate Bomberman more with the Turbografx so I'm not sure about that one.

Ugh, I love Shulk as a character and playable fighter, but I'm having far more trouble with him than I care to admit. His gameplay revolves around his neutral aerial; you have to be very precise with it or you get punished. My other mains, Sonic and Kirby, don't nearly rely on their neutral aerials as much; among other things, I find it a lot easier to have the best spacing with them.  I'll keep practicing; the precision required with the Nair is difficult, but once I have that mastered, it's going to be fun.

If anyone is intrested, especially Shulk mains,  my NNID is DarkDefeater.

The hazards are turned off for latency reasons - it's a compromise to get 8 players working in one match without sacrificing the almost unfailing 60fps framerate. Believe me, they would have left the hazards in if they could've.

Though honestly, 8 player matches are such an unplayable clusterfuck that I doubt it would even matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

9POfcA8.jpg

I love these kinds of references. :D

So yeah, HE'S AVAILABLE FOR ALL THE LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS who only got one version.

• Thumbs Up 2

I love these kinds of references. :DSo yeah, HE'S AVAILABLE FOR ALL THE LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS who only got one version.

This little boy got it on one version on the 15 thanks to someone here on the forum.

Can't wait to face yall's mewtwo.