Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The best set up so far for the 8 player dedede challenge wlhas me using customs sort I had to try them out lol its literary impossible XD but I managed knock off 6 stocks pretty quickly with villagers customs. I used the fire balloons and the tripping plant. Camping at the edge and switching sides when things get to hectic using the lyoid rocket to travel to the other side quickly.

I use the balloons to build damage and have the plant there to trip them so the balloon does hit them and prevent them from hitiing you when your on the edge with no invincibility.

Its best to have a Gordon pocket before you camp at the edge.

But yea its still impossible lol, the dededes are just UUUUUGH LOL, This would be possible with other characters that don't have mutilple jumps and so hard to knock out cause fat. Lol. I cannot gimp him no matter what I do. Although he sometimes kill him self by using his B off the edge.

You just had to pick King dedede Felix. I would of been fine with Bowser XP.

Maybe we should create more challenges with some creativity to it. We got special smash, all the rules, all the customs, all the stages, we could create some interesting challenges with our own rules and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

The best set up so far for the 8 player dedede challenge wlhas me using customs sort I had to try them out lol its literary impossible XD but I managed knock off 6 stocks pretty quickly with villagers customs. I used the fire balloons and the tripping plant. Camping at the edge and switching sides when things get to hectic using the lyoid rocket to travel to the other side quickly.

I use the balloons to build damage and have the plant there to trip them so the balloon does hit them and prevent them from hitiing you when your on the edge with no invincibility.

Its best to have a Gordon pocket before you camp at the edge.

But yea its still impossible lol, the dededes are just UUUUUGH LOL, This would be possible with other characters that don't have mutilple jumps and so hard to knock.

You just had to pick King dedede Felix. I would of been fine with Bowser XP.

Maybe we should create more challenges with some creativity to it. We got special smash, all the rules, all the customs, all the stages, we could create some interesting challenges with our own rules and stuff.

King Dedede is by far the best heavyweight character in the game, which is why I looked towards him when I was making up this challenge. He's got multiple jumps, great range, and his attacks have an insane amount of damage (his forward smash is the most powerful smash attack in any Smash game).

He's really quite agile for a character his size, the only real cons is his questionable air game and the fact almost all his attacks having starting/ending lag that can easily lead to you being punished if they're not timed correctly, not to mention his large size can easily lead to him being combo'd. Having three (or seven) Dedede's comin' at ya (ohoho, hope somebody got the reference) is just asking to get bodied unless you really know what you're doing.

And yeah, there's a lot of options in Smash for us to come up with our own challenges. It could be pretty fun, and I'd easily be up for trying out anything that you guys can come up with! Shit could positively get crazy if we all play our cards right.

• Thumbs Up 1

All this talk of challenges kinda makes me wonder why there was never an option for custom Event Matches. Most of the unique settings are already there in Special Smash - give the ability to choose what to apply to who, save settings and share just like replays and stages and you'd be golden.

Seeing this challenge and the reactions to it reminds me of the Skylanders community creating challenges involving playthroughs of the game with certain character restrictions or resetting the character once they reach a certain level.

The idea of using Special Smash for new challenges sounds cool as well, looking forward to more lost sanities.

So has anyone else tried using the Smash paint feature for real drawings, instead of just for fun things? A lot of people do it, so I tried my hand at it a few days ago:

EQjcExd.jpg

It's not easy. You can fix the artwork by saving and exiting, and then coming back, but new lines just go over old lines, instead of under like Art Academy: Sketchpad. There aren't layers either. But then, who would expect something like this to have all those features? Hehe.

Still, I think it came out nicely besides the eyes being too big.

On the subject of challenges, using Special Smash would be awesome. Franklin Badge and only explosives on, for example. On Super Sudden Death mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I tried the Dedede Challenge. All I have to say is that I don't need that stress I my life. Take that as you will for my experience with the challenge.

Good Luck to you all.

I'm actually finding the SideB a lot more useful than the DownB so far. It chains into so much of his moveset it isn't even funny, which is a really useful thing to have in an unblockable command grab, much less one that doesn't have crap reach like Bowser's does. Ftilts and Utilts for aaaaages

Teleport's easier to control now, but it's slower and a hell of a lot less useful than it was in Melee, and that kinda disappointed me because I always liked substituting rolls for it whenever I had the distance to.

• Thumbs Up 1

is anyone want to play 1v1 on Wii-U or 3DS, yet i need to learn to play this game.

I'm laughing at this and you know why lol

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm laughing at this and you know why lol

I know exactly what you mean xD

• Thumbs Up 1

I also tried the Dedede challenge. I was able to pull it off after a couple of tries with my main, Ness.

I also tried it with Kirby since it was recommended by someone here and it didn't exactly work out too well, hahaha.

this is the worst thing I've ever done

So hey, how's everyone liking Mewtwo? He's so much more fun to play as than in Melee. His aerials, side special and down special are really useful.

*shoots him in the head* You just had to do that, didn't you? I did get a chuckle, but still...

We got Smashified K.Rool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LDyzwTCNU2I 

Other than lack of tail its pretty awesome

for those too impatient to watch the trailer

1HD7pme.jpg

K. Rool has never had a tail though.

I also tried the Dedede challenge. I was able to pull it off after a couple of tries with my main, Ness.

I also tried it with Kirby since it was recommended by someone here and it didn't exactly work out too well, hahaha.

My friend in real life actually beat the challenge as Kirby after around four tries. He just air dodged or dodged on the ground a lot since the Dedede CPUs have a fetish for Gordos and forward tilts. I haven't beaten the challenge myself yet, but I think I might try using my main main Ness.

We got Smashified K.Rool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LDyzwTCNU2I 

1HD7pme.jpg

Dude, this was posted a page ago y'know.

Speaking of King K. Rool, who would like to see K. Rool have his Krusha K. Rool costume as an alternate outfit? I personally would like to uses it while playing as him against Little Mac. You know, a Little Mac Vs Krusha K. Rool kind of boxing match. I think that would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of King K. Rool, who would like to see K. Rool have his Krusha K. Rool costume as an alternate outfit? I personally would like to uses it while playing as him against Little Mac. You know, a Little Mac Vs Krusha K. Rool kind of boxing match. I think that would be cool.

If possible I'd like his alts to be costumes. Not sure if that would happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kaptain K.Rool would be my default alt. All day ev'ry day

• Thumbs Up 1

That was what I was talking about. I can understand why it could not happen, though.

That was what I was talking about. I can understand why it could not happen, though.

That's the most ideal outcome. I can see it happening, since it'd fit so well for him, but I can also see it not happening.

• Thumbs Up 1