Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Man, a lot of popular choices just...really bore me. Not-Ike? Orange Peach? CrocoBowser? "Who-the-fuck-even-is" Isaac? Red Marth? Furry Waifu? The lesser young Link? I can't see myself paying money for any of them.

I wouldn't even mind my choices not getting in so long as they surprise me with more interesting characters than these.

I agree with most of you. But really, we've been over K.Rool geez. - w-

Seriously though, I really don't see why people vote for the most... well, boring or already in the game folks. Daisy really should be an alt costume for Peach though.

"Who-the-fuck-even-is" Isaac?

Once upon a time the same was said for these guys:

Marthmeleeclear.png Roymeleeclear.png SSB64_Ness.gif  255px-Lucas_SSBB.jpg

But now they're well-known and loved vets, and well awaited DLC.

Issac is from Golden Sun, a decent JRPG.

I mean, I know who he is, technically. But I've never seen reason to care who he is. The only thing I've seen that sets him apart from the most basic JRPG hero template is that they swapped out the word "magic" for "psychic powers" (or psy-something, whatever they called it).
  • Thumbs Up 2

no seriously I refuse to believe Chrom and Daisy were voted over K Rool, Inklings and Isaac. Either there were a fuckton of bots or this was presented to a really small community that is basically disconnected to the rest of the internet, but there's no fucking way Chrom, Daisy, Waluigi and fucking Young Link are top ten characters. Especially Chrom being in first when there are already four FE characters in the game and Roy is basically confirmed to be DLC, on top of basically being a giant fucking meme.

CrocoBowser

yep

Ps2zxsM.png

• Thumbs Up 2

That's not what I mean in the slightest, I'm talking about popularity within the third party space.

Sora has been highly requested or awhile now, plus his Smash Flash version shows he has loads of potential. Who are you to say he's not good enough an that there are better choices?

Sora has been highly requested or awhile now, plus his Smash Flash version shows he has loads of potential. Who are you to say he's not good enough an that there are better choices?

• Thumbs Up 6

My point is, outright saying a character isn't good enough when it comes to smash is a little silly at this point when we got characters like WFT and Villager.

Yeah there are lots of good choices, but Sora has just as much a right to be considered as anyone else. Especially if he's gotten enough votes to be number 2 in the 3rd party rankings.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Sora so high

>Goku

>no Shovel Knight in the main 5

czvjqtdh.jpg

-well, at least Isaac is 6th in the first part pool-

• Thumbs Up 1

>Sora so high

>no Shovel Knight in the main 5

czvjqtdh.jpg

-well, at least Isaac is 6th in the first part pool-

Gaaaah why is Chrom number one? DX Hell even Daisy doesn't deserve to be that high! At least Inklings are in the top 5...

As for the third party selection, yeah I'm okay with Banjo & Kazooie being at the top of that list and it's cool to see Sora there too. In fact, I think Sora is a pretty decent choice for Smash since his games have mostly appeared on Nintendo handhelds (bar Birth by Sleep).

I mean, I know who he is, technically. But I've never seen reason to care who he is. The only thing I've seen that sets him apart from the most basic JRPG hero template is that they swapped out the word "magic" for "psychic powers" (or psy-something, whatever they called it).

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually kind of wanted Chrom at one point, believe it or not. But once Robin and Lucina were announced I kinda forgot about him.

>Sora being so high

GOOD TASTE

I actually kind of wanted Chrom at one point, believe it or not. But once Robin and Lucina were announced I kinda forgot about him.

I kinda wanted him too, because he's voiced by one of my favorite voice actors, who also is a huge Smash Bros fan. He was also the game's announcer's (Xander Mobus) most wanted character, which is hilarious. I don't really know how he could work though, especially since he's already got a role in the game.

Those results are a little dubious, but it's important to remember that they only represent one community.

Out of all the actually-likely DLC characters, the one I see grabbing the most attention is probably still Ryu. He might not be at the top of everybody's list, but he's basically the face of fighting games, and more than worthy to make an appearance. A lot of the other characters, even ones I want, are pretty minor compared to him. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanted him when I thought Lucina had no chance of getting in.

But she did, so fuck Chrom

• Thumbs Up 8

I kinda wanted him too, because he's voiced by one of my favorite voice actors, who also is a huge Smash Bros fan. He was also the game's announcer's (Xander Mobus) most wanted character, which is hilarious. I don't really know how he could work though, especially since he's already got a role in the game.

Those results are a little dubious, but it's important to remember that they only represent one community.

Out of all the actually-likely DLC characters, the one I see grabbing the most attention is probably still Ryu. He might not be at the top of everybody's list, but he's basically the face of fighting games, and more than worthy to make an appearance. A lot of the other characters, even ones I want, are pretty minor compared to him.

Mmhm. I hardly play Street Fighter, but Ryu always struck me as a cool guy. He reminded me of Goku somewhat. He may not be my first choice for a DLC character, but it'd still be really awesome to play as him in Smash.

Yeah, Ryu wasn't really anywhere on my list of DLC possibilities at all, but when the game files got out, I started thinking about it and realized that he was pretty much the perfect fourth third-party guy because of both how iconic he is and his tie to fighting games and crossovers. I am VERY interested to see him in action. (If he ends up being in the game, that is.)

• Thumbs Up 4

Smash Bros Central poll results

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o1_540.png

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o2_1280.png

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o4_r1_1280.png

so this is basically 3 fan polls so far where K.Rool was in the lead or close to the lead.

>Daisy

>Above K. Rool

b60.png

Seriously, WHAT does Daisy add to the series compared to Bowser, Luigi, or (I can't believe I'm saying this) Peach?!

• Thumbs Up 3

>Daisy

>Above K. Rool

b60.png

Seriously, WHAT does Daisy add to the series compared to Bowser, Luigi, or (I can't believe I'm saying this) Peach?!

not being an ugly freakin crocodile mutant

I dunno, I always liked Daisy. And besides, this is one community's votes. Calm yo self boi

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly.

(from here)

I like this, but I think that since they're using that outfit for Daisy, the Crystal Smash moves should be implemented (unless they already are as normals or Smash attacks).

Like I said before:  DAISY IS ALREADY IN THE GAME AS ONE OF PEACH'S SKINS

Like I said before:  DAISY IS ALREADY IN THE GAME AS ONE OF PEACH'S SKINS

...As a palette swap and palette swap =/= alt

Hey there's games like Blazblue that have characters in the roster that swap palettes with other characters in the roster

No reason why Nintendo shouldn't be open to the idea

I mean Mario and Luigi have Wario palettes why is this any different?

• Thumbs Up 1