Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Why wasn't Daisy Peach's alt in the first place? 0_o

There really wouldn't be any reason to do otherwise.

People salty about Daisy in Smash only makes me want her more

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm a bit disappointed Wonder Red didn't make the top 5. Thought he had a decent level of demand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda weird that they didn't make Daisy a unique alt for Peach this time around. I mean you got Alph and the fecking Koopalings, why not Daisy?

• Thumbs Up 2

Kinda weird that they didn't make Daisy a unique alt for Peach this time around. I mean you got Alph and the fecking Koopalings, why not Daisy?

Daisy doesn't even really have anything in common with Peach, besides being a princess from Mario. 

I'm not really a fan of the "different characters as alts" thing. It's always disappointing to see a potentially cool fighter reduced to something really boring, and it compromises the uniqueness of the other characters in a game that is about them. I'd rather have a fully playable Daisy or nothing, over a cheap concession. 

• Thumbs Up 1

>Daisy

>Above K. Rool

b60.png

Seriously, WHAT does Daisy add to the series compared to Bowser, Luigi, or (I can't believe I'm saying this) Peach?!

Because people will spam her taunts online when she say:

"Hi, I'm Daisy"

"Hi, I'm Daisy"

"Hi, I'm Daisy"

I'm a bit disappointed Wonder Red didn't make the top 5. Thought he had a decent level of demand.

I only played the demo, but I don't really see how Wonder Red works on his own. I thought the combat in W101 was based on the characters banding together to form giant fists, or swords and stuff. Can't really capture that in Smash. 

I do not want Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. I do not care how good of a game Shovel Knight is. I want an interesting and fun character that actually has genuine relevance to Nintendo. Not just some protagonist from a super popular indie game that is less than a year old and will likely disappear once people move on to the next super popular indie game.

I just realized that of all the Sonic characters voted for, Amy Rose got the most votes. Bruh.

On the subject of Inklings, since their whole thing is splattering ink everywhere, how would that translate to Smash?

I just realized that of all the Sonic characters voted for, Amy Rose got the most votes. Bruh.

Hey, Mario and Link have their lady friends in the game, what's so wrong about Sonic having his in there as well?

Hey, Mario and Link have their lady friends in the game, what's so wrong about Sonic having his in there as well?

Nothing. I'm just surprised is all. :P

Need we remind you how über-clingy she was in the last fighter, Sonic Battle?  I mean Tails called Emerl Sonic's pet project, but Amy took it as "starting a family."  Some of the best development that Emerl had in that game was when he was with Knuckles, since it also gave some dev. for Knuckles as well.

Even though I am a fucking massive Daisy fanboy, I agree with Solly that I'd rather have a unique Daisy or none at all over a Peach alt.  Even a Peach clone would be a little disapointing unless she was a clone like Wolf or Luigi are "clones".

She'd have to be a weirdo character with moves out the left field though, maybe some Super Mario Land inspired stuff, since both Peach and Waluigi already cover representation of the Mario sports games in minor ways.  I'd rather Daisy be more interesting than the obvious answer of making her all sports related.  Of course, the lack of inspiration for her is the Mario series' fault for underusing her in the first place, wah.

Need we remind you how über-clingy she was in the last fighter, Sonic Battle?  I mean Tails called Emerl Sonic's pet project, but Amy took it as "starting a family."  Some of the best development that Emerl had in that game was when he was with Knuckles, since it also gave some dev. for Knuckles as well.

While I'm surprised at Amy's popularity too (and I would personally dig her in Smash even though other characters are more worthy), her story role in some ancient GBA game of questionable canonicity has literally nothing to do with how suitable she'd be as a Smash fighter.

• Thumbs Up 5

I actually wouldn't mind them picking Amy if they went for another Sonic character. In general I think Sonic is fine representing the series on his own but if you wanted to pick another one for some reason there are far worse choices than her.

As much as I like Amy, it's gotta be Eggman. There's just so much going for him

- He's a villain.

- He has that retro appeal that Sakurai and Smash Bros in general seems to love.

- He would have a unique moveset - thought I suppose slightly undermined by Bowser Jr's use of the Junior Clown Car

- Mike Pollock.

- May lead to an Eggman themed stage, which would be awesome.

- He'd escape from the whole "Sonic's shitty friends" stigma that seems to be prevalent from gamers

Plus, I think Eggman has consistently been the best character in the series as of late. He's always entertaining in the games and has carried the Boom episodes on occasion. He would definitely deserve a place.

tumblr_nll7rkv7c21t0ohdjo3_250.gif

tumblr_nll7rkv7c21t0ohdjo9_250.gif

I wouldn't mind Boom Amy.

Boom amy would be amazing in this, but lets just hope if they do, it doesn't add a Blue arms sonic alt :P

tumblr_nll7rkv7c21t0ohdjo3_250.gif

tumblr_nll7rkv7c21t0ohdjo9_250.gif

I wouldn't mind Boom Amy.

She doesn't really do anything regular Amy doesn't do, unless her not openly fawning over Sonic is that important to people.

To be honest, I can't really make up my mind who else I'd want for this game, but maybe it's because I'm more or less satisfied with the roster as it is. If I was pressed for another Sonic rep, Shadow would be my first choice, Blaze would be my back-up as another magical projectile user. Knuckles wouldn't be a bad choice either. Other than that, I'm torn between Melia (Xenoblade), Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia, helps that Namco's involved with this iteration), either Crono or Frog (Chrono Trigger), another Zelda character like Skull Kid or even Tetra, or even Krystal as a Star Fox character that wouldn't be a clone of Fox.

Speaking of tales characters i'm still kind of hoping for one, say what you want about him just being another anime character with a sword I still think it'd be cool to get lloyd (or even cless) as characters since they'd have some really good moveset potential. 

She doesn't really do anything regular Amy doesn't do, unless her not openly fawning over Sonic is that important to people.

There's a drastic difference in characterization in Amy in Sonic Boom/Rise of Lyric. A Hedgehog in distress is now a side kick.

Now you could argue that SEGA could change Amy's SEGASonic personality but I don't think they will. I also prefer Boom's costume compared to her regular dress. Amy used to be one of my most hated characters but now she's on top of the list with her Boom personality.

When was the last time Amy was "in distress"?

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal... the latest Sonic game...where the plot revolves around her getting kidnapped?

But that was just shitty writing and not her character. Amy has overall been a useless, annoying side character instead of a being a proactive, helpful member of Sonic's team. It wasn't until Boom that she got a personality shift. Her design was updated to reflect this too.

When was the last time Amy was "in distress"?

Sonic Unleashed when she couldn't find Sonic

because that's all she is to current Sonic team apparently.

• Thumbs Up 1