Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

There's a drastic difference in characterization in Amy in Sonic Boom/Rise of Lyric. A Hedgehog in distress is now a side kick.

Now you could argue that SEGA could change Amy's SEGASonic personality but I don't think they will. I also prefer Boom's costume compared to her regular dress. Amy used to be one of my most hated characters but now she's on top of the list with her Boom personality.

"A Hedgehog in distress." You mean like in Sonic Adventure, where she took care of her business? Or Sonic Heroes? Or Shadow? Or '06? Advance? Battle? The number of instances where she's been in dire situations where she required rescuing (which I don't see as an issue in itself especially because it isn't done frequently with her to begin with) are fairly low, with SA2 (and Generations if you really want this) being the only modern games where this happened and she didn't do anything. The worst thing that's happened to her is that she's been reduced to boring cheerleader like everyone else since the days of Unleashed. Boom makes her active, which is good, but somehow makes her to be really bland and uninteresting, and I don't really consider her a big improvement just because her behavior isn't as explicitly girly in that version.

I don't really consider her a big improvement just because her behavior isn't explicitly girly in that version.

How is this not a big improvement? It's so stupid to have a character act stereotypical just because of their gender.

Yes, I see Boom Amy as an improvement over Sega Amy for not acting girly, annoying, and a cheerleader.

I feel like the flaws people have with Amy in the main games aren't exclusive to Amy. The entire cast has been cheerleaders at best for years now.

• Thumbs Up 6

I feel like the flaws people have with Amy in the main games aren't exclusive to Amy. The entire cast has been cheerleaders at best for years now.

I can't believe Shadow wants to marry Sonic

• Thumbs Up 7

How is this not a big improvement? It's so stupid to have a character act stereotypical just because of their gender.

Yes, I see Boom Amy as an improvement over Sega Amy for not acting girly, annoying, and a cheerleader.

So, girly is a problem now? Sorry, I don't see that behavior with Amy to be an issue, when it's not her sole defining trait. And it seems to balance well with the personalities of the other female members of the cast (or just the cast in general). I admit, there's things I like about Boom Amy, but that's mostly because her faux-therapist schtick is hilarious, especially when everyone else reacts to her with rolling eyes and a groan. Honestly, take that away, and we're left with someone who's incredibly dull and probably more annoying than the version that gloms onto anything that remotely looks like another hedgehog.

I agree, I don't like her being a cheerleader, which, if you know anything about me, is something I bitch about quite regularly when it comes to this entire cast, but knowing SEGA can do more with her and have in the past tells me there's nothing wrong with her original incarnation, but how she's written.

I can't believe Shadow wants to marry Sonic

yeah lol. She's stupidly immature and annoying since Day 1. Using examples like Sonic Advance which has little to no plot doesn't really make her a better character. I mean.. those aren't even good examples to begin with considering how her character is dumbed down to appear weak, slow, and overall not as useful compared to Sonic.

When your entire character revolves around being girly and annoying, then you're a bad character.

So, girly is a problem now?

Yes. Having boobs shouldn't force your character to act a certain way.

So, girly is a problem now? 

Yes 

She needs bigger biceps and brotein shakes

• Thumbs Up 5

The entire cast has been cheerleaders at best for years now.

This is the problem with new sonic games.

Except boom, at least they finally added other playable characters.

ANYWAYS, Boom amy would be great for smash, not sure what a final smash for her could be though

Yes. Having boobs shouldn't force your character to act a certain way.

It doesn't. But I really don't see why this aspect of her personality is an issue when it doesn't preclude her ability to kick ass? It doesn't make her weak or less competent just because she happens to act like a pre-teen girl.

Yes 

She needs bigger biceps and brotein shakes

She and Knuckles can hit the gym together.

...I'd also like to apologize for the off-topic discussion. I will say Amy has plenty of potential as a Smash candidate, even if she didn't stand out to me immediately as a choice.

ANYWAYS, Boom amy would be great for smash, not sure what a final smash for her could be though

"Piko Hammer Storm" or something like that?

Don't really think girlyness or being of a helpless nature is much to base an argument on viability considering

that all of these were damsels in distress at one point (or Multiple!) in their career

120px-ZeldaTrophyWiiU.png120px-PeachTrophyWiiU.png120px-PalutenaTrophyWiiU.png

I'd be more concerned about relevancy and moveset potential.

What on earth does characterization have to do with how viable they'd be in a fighting game anyway? Whether it's SEGA!Amy or Boom!Amy, either way they'd be in Smash to beat the shit out of other characters, and they both have a means of doing that, so who gives a toss which Amy it is?

Either way, it'd be SEGA Amy for consistency. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I only played the demo, but I don't really see how Wonder Red works on his own. I thought the combat in W101 was based on the characters banding together to form giant fists, or swords and stuff. Can't really capture that in Smash.

I can see them showing up as side specials or a final smash, and then creating a original moveset for Red himself. I mean it's not like Nintendo couldn't. This is Smash. They gave Captain Falcon a completely original moveset that fit him.

Honestly Amy actually is my first choice for a second SEGA character, followed by Eggman.

Eggman was originally first, but then Bowser Jr, soooo yeah. > .>

But on Amy, she really seemed to be the best option. Shadow, Knuckles and Tails all basically are Sonic with various traits. Amy has her Hammer though, and I think that's what makes it somewhat a better choice, as she'd be far more Unique then Sonic.

Honestly Amy actually is my first choice for a second SEGA character, followed by Eggman.

Eggman was originally first, but then Bowser Jr, soooo yeah. > .>

But on Amy, she really seemed to be the best option. Shadow, Knuckles and Tails all basically are Sonic with various traits. Amy has her Hammer though, and I think that's what makes it somewhat a better choice, as she'd be far more Unique then Sonic.

Surprised to see people still talking about Sonic characters...Although this is a Sonic forum, so I probably shouldn't be. 

I can see them showing up as side specials or a final smash, and then creating a original moveset for Red himself. I mean it's not like Nintendo couldn't. This is Smash. They gave Captain Falcon a completely original moveset that fit him.

• Thumbs Up 2

They could make eggy's mobile shoot lasers ala SA2 and shoot fire ala Angel Island Sonic 3 boss

Oh certainly something. But seeing as Bowser Jr. Really sort've took Eggman's thunder somewhat in my mind, I'd rather Amy. Plus, its a hammer. After the Ice Climbers left, we lack them. - w-

But yeah, plenty of disagreement here it seems. XD

Oh certainly something. But seeing as Bowser Jr. Really sort've took Eggman's thunder somewhat in my mind, I'd rather Amy. Plus, its a hammer. After the Ice Climbers left, we lack them. - w-

But yeah, plenty of disagreement here it seems. XD

*looks at Dedede's, Kirby's and when he feels like it Bowser Jr's hammer*

*looks at Dedede's, Kirby's and when he feels like it Bowser Jr's hammer*

Wow I just completely brain-farted. Those are completely right, my bad. XD

After the Ice Climbers left, we lack them. - w-

I dunno I have a really deep gut feeling that the Ice Climbers are going to make some kind of comeback in the vein of something sort of like Rosalina and Luma.

Surprised to see people still talking about Sonic characters...Although this is a Sonic forum, so I probably shouldn't be. 

They had to cut the Ice Climbers and lower the number of Olimar's Pikmin for the 3DS version of the game. Also, the Pikmin and assist trophies run sub-30 fps. If they had problems with that, I dunno how well they'd be able to get multiple Wonderful 101 characters running. 

Also Captain Falcon isn't really a good example of how changing a character for Smash works. He's from a racing game and barely even exists outside of his vehicle in his own series. There are absolutely zero expectations for how he's meant to play or fight besides what Smash already established. 

also the fact that his moveset is basically just a generic brawler

They had to cut the Ice Climbers and lower the number of Olimar's Pikmin for the 3DS version of the game. Also, the Pikmin and assist trophies run sub-30 fps. If they had problems with that, I dunno how well they'd be able to get multiple Wonderful 101 characters running. 

Also Captain Falcon isn't really a good example of how changing a character for Smash works. He's from a racing game and barely even exists outside of his vehicle in his own series. There are absolutely zero expectations for how he's meant to play or fight besides what Smash already established. 

Well I'd say the other characters could be special moves similar to how Zelda has the phantom as a special attack, instead of having the characters follow around the character like IC or Olimar.

And okay it may not be a good example, but it doesn't mean Sakurai couldn't make a unique moveset to work with Wonder Red. There are tons of requested characters(Layton for example) and already included characters that have been given movesets that people didn't expect. I'm sure a moveset specifically centered around WR alone is possible that could still at the same time could s till represent the series. Heck, his final smash could have multiple characters somehow.

Thought I'd drop my own personal wish as far as Smash fighters go:

Megaman_8_roll_powered_up-31618.jpg

I mean, Roll could be a great addition. A plethora of moves from her fighting game days, a wide variety of alternate costume choices, and, personally, I think she'd be more unique than Protoman when compared to her brother.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thought I'd drop my own personal wish as far as Smash fighters go:

Megaman_8_roll_powered_up-31618.jpg

I mean, Roll could be a great addition. A plethora of moves from her fighting game days, a wide variety of alternate costume choices, and, personally, I think she'd be more unique than Protoman when compared to her brother.

Ever played MvC1 or 2? Sakurai would probably do a clone excuse for her XD

Still want a new Zelda character if we're going the likely route. Tetra, Cia, Impa, would all be great to see. Trying to think of a male Zelda character that could work, but honesty, it's a bit hard to think of any that aren't from the 2D titles. Skull Kid's a AT, so his chances are pretty much gone. Darunia I guess could work, and having a Goron could be neat.

Ever played MvC1 or 2? Sakurai would probably do a clone excuse for her XD

I'd personally prefer her Tatsunoko vs Capcom moveset tbh

• Thumbs Up 1