Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Still want a new Zelda character if we're going the likely route. Tetra, Cia, Impa, would all be great to see. Trying to think of a male Zelda character that could work, but honesty, it's a bit hard to think of any that aren't from the 2D titles. Skull Kid's a AT, so his chances are pretty much gone. Darunia I guess could work, and having a Goron could be neat.

I mean, if we'd go that far and take from a one-off, especially from Ocarina of Time, I'd kinda prefer Saria... Deku items + fighting with nature. Nature moveset ftw. (And frankly, role-wise Saria does play the biggest role of the Six Sages in the game. Not that its much more than the other Sages, but still...)

Personally I don't think a one-off character would happen considering the track record. The only way I see that happening is if more major characters start appearing in major roles again in future titles. Otherwise the only new Zelda character I can really see happening at this point is Impa, and for her, without getting an official moveset, I can't see Sakurai considering her as anything other than a Sheik clone.

And yes, I'm ignoring Hyrule Warriors, because its a non-canon spinoff and its incredibly unlikely to be considered in any way, shape, or form. I'd absolutely love Impa in Smash with a Naginata, but unless she uses it in a future Zelda game I don't see that happening. (And Lana is likely never going to even get a TROPHY in Smash, let alone become playable. Wait, Cia? Yeah, no, she's probably even LESS likely, since if they did pick an HW exclusive character in the extremely slim chance of that happening, Lana would be the first pick.)

So, yeah, at this point I don't really know what to think about the Zelda series. Frankly, I don't think Zelda will get a new character right now. No Zelda characters really seem to be talked about heavily for the ballot, there's no stand-out next character besides Impa, and again, unless Impa gets a proper original fighting style in a new main Zelda game, I don't see her happening. There's also no other good options unless more one-off major characters start becoming recurring characters and appear in more games.

Ok, ONE option is Ganon. I don't find him that likely for multiple reasons. One, in his non-2D appearances he's F***ING HUGE. He needs to appear massively bigger than Ganondorf to keep him "true to character," and for two, if they couldn't be bothered to declone Ganondorf I don't think they'd add Ganon either. And I really don't want yet another variation of an existing character representing the Zelda series.

I did forget to bring up Tetra, but she's probably my least-wanted. I'd accept Tetra only if they replaced Sheik with Impa, which is extremely unlikely to happen, honestly.

What does being "not canon" have anything to do with not getting into Smash bros, a non canon game?

HW is one of the most popular Wii U titles, canon or not. It getting some sort of rep be it a stage, character or trophy, wouldn't surprise me. Like it or not, Lana and Cia ARE Zelda Characters. So them getting trophies seems as likely as anyone else.

Plus again, this is Smash. Smash has included trophies and other content from non canon titles from different franchises.

• Thumbs Up 1

What does being "not canon" have anything to do with not getting into Smash bros, a non canon game?

HW is one of the most popular Wii U titles, canon or not. It getting some sort of rep be it a stage, character or trophy, wouldn't surprise me. Like it or not, Lana and Cia ARE Zelda Characters. So them getting trophies seems as likely as anyone else.

Plus again, this is Smash. Smash has included trophies and other content from non canon titles from different franchises.

Zelda spinoffs never get representation, and are barely recognized outside of their original games. I love Hyrule Warriors, but the fact remains that it was not made by Nintendo and most likely would never get represented in any way in something like Smash. We'll get representation from Zelda Wii U and Link Between Worlds. Hyrule Warriors just likely won't get anything at all, and we don't even know how the licensing works in Hyrule Warriors, either.

Argue with me about it or whatever, but I simply don't see it happening.

They had to cut the Ice Climbers and lower the number of Olimar's Pikmin for the 3DS version of the game.

The Climbers were cut because of AI issues that didn't get solved in time, not for the strain they actually create on the game with their models alone. If it were as simple as that we'd never have gotten Rosalina (or Zelda's downB for that matter), but as it turns out pathfinding platformer AI can actually be more processor intensive than most people give it credit for, especially if the path to find is updated constantly like would happen often in a frantic game like Smash.

Because Wonderful 101 strikers are unlikely to be much more than models that just stand in place and perform an attack or two, it'd be fairly trivial to implement by comparison. If the only compromise is that Wonder Red's giant fist of death is rendered as a solid blob of jelly rather than individually modelling every one of the Wonderful 100 making up the shape inside it then I don't see that as anything to be mad about. We've gotten away with inconsistencies much worse than that before.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the most Hyrule Warriors rep we'll ever see in a future Smash game is Link's scarf in a colour swap.

Personally, I still want to see Toon Ganondorf as a playable character! >>

• Thumbs Up 1

Toon Ganondorf is cool and all but I'd rather move on from Toon Link. I'm kind of sick of him.

Mannnnnn they did something to Ike and I never play as him, ughhhh

I don't even know what it is, he just feels different and not as fun to play as. >:V

The Climbers were cut because of AI issues that didn't get solved in time, not for the strain they actually create on the game with their models alone. If it were as simple as that we'd never have gotten Rosalina (or Zelda's downB for that matter), but as it turns out pathfinding platformer AI can actually be more processor intensive than most people give it credit for, especially if the path to find is updated constantly like would happen often in a frantic game like Smash.

Because Wonderful 101 strikers are unlikely to be much more than models that just stand in place and perform an attack or two, it'd be fairly trivial to implement by comparison. If the only compromise is that Wonder Red's giant fist of death is rendered as a solid blob of jelly rather than individually modelling every one of the Wonderful 100 making up the shape inside it then I don't see that as anything to be mad about. We've gotten away with inconsistencies much worse than that before.

Toon Ganondorf is cool and all but I'd rather move on from Toon Link. I'm kind of sick of him.

What about Toon adult link?

:D

You mean Zelda U Link?

And great, like that my curiosity made me find that that was a girl link

It's not. That was just speculation after Aonuma made some jokes and some fan edit of Link. I believe he said Link is still male.

Zelda Wii U Link isn't a girl. I don't know why people ever thought that.

Anyway, with regards to Toon Ganondorf, I'd rather not have multiple versions of more characters. Even if they play differently, I'd rather they branch out with their characters. I can see the appeal, though, considering that a lot of flagship fighters really dwarf the rest of the cast in importance and iconic value. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Zelda U Link wouldn't be an additional Link, he'd replace the current one.

Anyway, I'd rather not have multiple versions of more characters.

250px-Dr._Mario_SSB4.png

Too late

Wii U link could be a nice alt though.

• Thumbs Up 4

Zelda Wii U Link isn't a girl. I don't know why people ever thought that.

There was an image going around of an "analysis" of the picture and they said it looked like Link had boobs. Couple that with Link looking more feminine and you got a Girl Link.

There was an image going around of an "analysis" of the picture and they said it looked like Link had boobs. Couple that with Link looking more feminine and you got a Girl Link.

That was a photoshop. At least the one circulating Gaf was. 

Link has always looked a bit androgynous. I don't think he's notably more feminine in this game.

Zelda U Link wouldn't be an additional Link, he'd replace the current one.

Ah, sorry. I was talking about Toon Ganondorf and toon characters in general. I should've been more clear on that. My bad. I was using Link as an example of how you could keep doing that, but it wouldn't be exciting. 

Ah, sorry. I was talking about Toon Ganondorf and toon characters in general. I should've been more clear on that. My bad. I was using Link as an example of how you could keep doing that, but it wuoldn't be exciting.

Oh. Though, I think people want Toon Ganondorf because of his different fighting style.

Edit: I reread your last post and I'm dumb

Smash Bros Central poll results

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o1_540.png

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o2_1280.png

tumblr_no1km5O7tY1tfyuj4o4_r1_1280.png

so this is basically 3 fan polls so far where K.Rool was in the lead or close to the lead.

Nice to see, Daisy, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Shantae and Shovel Knight so high up in the ranks. Ace Attorney featured could provide the bump needed for more localization. ShovelKnight and Shantae themselves could also use the extra backing for funding of their games too!

Rampant sexism at eSports Smash Bros tournament upsets female player.

It upsets me too tbh

That's disgusting! Can't believe this is still happening in this day and age. Okay true, gaming tournaments of any kind are mostly attended by men but that doesn't mean there aren't some girls around too who wanna join in! Why is that so shocking? >>

I know that AI processes were definitely a big part of what made the Ice Climbers too hard to get running, but I figured the extra models at least played a part in it. I don't remember the official statement, but I guess the way I picture a Wonder Red character is different. He always joins forces with more than one character at a time, so I don't think it would be as simple as just being able to summon Wonder Blue or Wonder Pink for a special move.

All-Star Mode on Hard as Ike:  Easier done than said.

All-Star Mode without healing as "Justin Bailey" on Easy:  Easier said than done